• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelz

More saving. More doing.™
@Kelz, I guess you didn't notice the "xD" Seeing how it's a JOKE ._. But it still does annoy me.

Well for a joke it wasn't very funny.

But anyways,
I'd think so, this way they can keep the Event Pokemon secret. The only thing stopping that is people going out and meeting other Pokemon Fans; Interaction. I really do see them using DLC instead of going to a place to get the event. Also, I believe DLC saves money and earns at the same time, so that seems the route a business will go.

DLC would be a cool thing for event legends. I'm not too big of a fan when it comes to live events.

Raguna

Magikarp. The best.
I'd think so, this way they can keep the Event Pokemon secret. The only thing stopping that is people going out and meeting other Pokemon Fans; Interaction. I really do see them using DLC instead of going to a place to get the event. Also, I believe DLC saves money and earns at the same time, so that seems the route a business will go.

Yes, DLC is quite a profitable thing. And also, they could still hold events for Pokémon with special moves/ Hidden abilities or something. I know Nintendo likes to keep their traditions. But they could still at least make it so that all legendaries could be gotten by getting DLC. Would make lives of fans that live away from the Pokémon hubs to have access to at least all the Pokémon that the other people have!

Kieran-kun

ポケモンマスター
Okay I've been swayed... Now seeing their official Artwork I've decided Yveltal is a Hell of a lot cooler than Xerneas. I still really like both though, but Yveltal's art definitely gives off a more awesome vibe.

shadow wolf

The one and only!
That is kind of what Rayqaza is based off, and i don't think GF would make two mascots out of the same myth.

Anyway, could Yveltal be based on a Cockatrice, Yveltal seems both avian and dragon-like, and design is the only thing we can judge right now.
(I still think Xerneas is based on the Ceryneian Hind from the Hercules myth, it has golden antlers and are quite large, plus, the females also had antlers, all this fits quite well with Xerneas, heck even the names are a little similar.)

Isn't a Cockatrice a Hybrid Rooster/Snake?

shadow wolf

The one and only!
Yeah. And to me Yveltal seems like a hybrid Avian/Reptilian.

Bit of a stretch from a Cockatrice, but works for me because of the avian/reptelian you mentioned. He looks like a dark Lugia and Lugia is considered a Bird/Dragon.

A fun thought just occured for the Dark/Flying typing of Yveltal. Since he looks like a Dark Lugia it makes ironic sense for him to be Dark/Flying. Fun observation and not meant to be taken seriously.

Arceusgamer14

I wonder if this could be the first Good Pokémon VS Evil Pokémon
Yeveltal could be the first Evil Pokémon to ever exist for real. and not in nature like Dusknoir & Darkrai and all Outlaw Pokémon in PMD2

illucio

The Illusionist
Yveltal's art is soo much cooler then Xerneas... It looks like Xerneas received a color swap/change so it didn't match Dialga too much. I still like him also.. GAAAH! IT'S SO HARD TO CHOOSE A LEGENDARY THIS GEN! I know I'm getting X no matter what... Maybe I should just suck it up and get both games? I always seem to want to start a new adventure anyways and I wait around into the 3rd game comes out only to be disapointed because I had no way to move/swap pokemon between games.

Luxvan

Mozilla Fennekin
I wonder if this could be the first Good Pokémon VS Evil Pokémon
Yeveltal could be the first Evil Pokémon to ever exist for real. and not in nature like Dusknoir & Darkrai and all Outlaw Pokémon in PMD2
Wasn't Giratina evil?

And I'm thinking that both Pokemon could be Dark-Type. The black on Xerneas kinda hints it, it's obvious in Yveltal.

Kieran-kun

ポケモンマスター
Yveltal's art is soo much cooler then Xerneas... It looks like Xerneas received a color swap/change so it didn't match Dialga too much. I still like him also.. GAAAH! IT'S SO HARD TO CHOOSE A LEGENDARY THIS GEN! I know I'm getting X no matter what... Maybe I should just suck it up and get both games? I always seem to want to start a new adventure anyways and I wait around into the 3rd game comes out only to be disapointed because I had no way to move/swap pokemon between games.

Agreed! I was thinking earlier I may get both versions this time around. Both legendaries are really awesome in their own way!

Raguna

Magikarp. The best.
Wasn't Giratina evil?

And I'm thinking that both Pokemon could be Dark-Type. The black on Xerneas kinda hints it, it's obvious in Yveltal.

No, Giratina wasn't evil. Was just the keeper of a alternate dimension, I think. And I highly doubt Yveltal will be evil. Wouldn't make much sense for him to let you, trainer, catch him if he was "evil". But, anyway, I wouldn't know...

Luxvan

Mozilla Fennekin
No, Giratina wasn't evil. Was just the keeper of a alternate dimension, I think. And I highly doubt Yveltal will be evil. Wouldn't make much sense for him to let you, trainer, catch him if he was "evil". But, anyway, I wouldn't know...
You can't look at Yveltal and can't say that he's not ready to take the world's fiercest dump on a mother****er.

shadow wolf

The one and only!
Wasn't Giratina evil?

Giratina was just a naturally destructive force, Anti-Matter FTW. That was the violence Arceus banished him for; he was blowing stuff up unintentionally.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Wasn't Giratina evil?

No, he was just protective of his home dimension. When he sensed the trouble that Cyrus was causing, he knew it would be detrimental to both the real world and the Distortion World, and so he interfered and dragged Cyrus into the Distortion World.

Also, like shadow wolf said, Giratina can control antimatter, which annihilates with normal matter upon physical contact. That's why Arceus sent him to the Distortion World (a world composed of antimatter; don't ask me why Cynthia, Lucas and Cyrus weren't annihilated the very second they set foot in there); once inside the Distortion World, Giratina couldn't destroy any of the matter that makes up the real world.

Anyway, I doubt Yveltal will be evil. The only way I could see Game Freak saying "Here, the Pokémbodiment of evil is now your beloved partner and together, you will grow stronger!" is if it were an event Pokémon, and even then...

Finch.

Sunlight, sunlight~
I'm wondering, if Gen. V was based off of dualism, yin and yang, truth and ideals, and the games are X and Y, for male and female...is this generation going to involve people and places that are trapped between those two sides? Good and evil, light and dark, pure and unclean, ugly and beautiful?

Just a thought..

Benedicere

I found a really cool article detailing Xerneas and Yveltal's ties to Norse Mythology, and how it also points to a legendary Z pokemon. Maybe the evil team will have some sort of tie to Norse mythology too?

http://n4g.com/news/1153037/pokemon-x-and-y-the-legendary-pokemon-are-based-on-norse-mythology

What a very interesting and very well-written article. Everything in there in consistent, and it seems to be where Nintendo is going with X and Y. That being said, knowing more about Yveltal's possible origins makes me question a Dark/Flying typing, since the Eagle in the myth does not seem to be malevolent, or dark-natured for that matter. Nintendo has given us misleading designs before a la Reshiram and Zekrom.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I'm wondering, if Gen. V was based off of dualism, yin and yang, truth and ideals, and the games are X and Y, for male and female...is this generation going to involve people and places that are trapped between those two sides? Good and evil, light and dark, pure and unclean, ugly and beautiful?

Just a thought..

Isn't that just more dualism?

Status
Not open for further replies.