• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FennekinFan

First, new types are highly illogical as everything is working out just fine as it is. If anything maybe some types that already exist could get a tweaking. I don't know GameFreak's future, but I can predict it with logic and reasoning.Please don't try to tell me what to do.

Second, you're right. Female rhinos do have horns. I don't see how that justifies that female deer have horns, though.

Female reindeer have horns, so it is not entirely impossible that Xerneas could be female. It is however, highly unlikely.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
First, new types are highly illogical as everything is working out just fine as it is. If anything maybe some types that already exist could get a tweaking. I don't know GameFreak's future, but I can predict it with logic and reasoning.Please don't try to tell me what to do.

Second, you're right. Female rhinos do have horns. I don't see how that justifies that female deer have horns, though.

Just because it works perfectly fine as it is, it doesn't mean you know there won't be new ones. They could easily add new types to make it all more interesting/new. GameFreak has never said they won't add new types, and even if they did, they could easily change their minds. We will never know if there will be new types or not.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
I don't think Yveltal is a Dragon, it looks more like a bird to me.

Completely agree. It may have some dragon features, but that doesn't mean it's Dragon. Just look at Lugia~

I still think it looks like a Volture from Hell. :D

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I'm speculating Ice and Steel Types for Xerneas and Dark and Flying Types for Yveltal. I think the red color isn't a hint about the fire type, since Groudon was only a Ground type...

Mystic Flygon

I don't think Yveltal is a Dragon, it looks more like a bird to me.

Altaria has some words for you

I've been tired of all these legendary dragon-types, the dragon-type is suppose to be rare yet every region as of late has introduced at least 5.

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
I think Xerneas' will be BAWS, but Yveltal might be slight and not worth it....

Don't forget that Gen V's mascots , exclduing kyurem, were shiny locked.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I usually dislike bird Pokemon, but Yveltal is dynamic enough so that I don't mind. I think it could still be a Dragon-type, but I kind of hope it isn't since the main Legendaries in the past two generations have been Dragon-types. I hope Gamefreak comes up with something that's a little more original for Yveltal and Xerneas.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
Completely agree. It may have some dragon features, but that doesn't mean it's Dragon. Just look at Lugia~

I still think it looks like a Volture from Hell. :D

That's what I said a while back. In G/S/C and HG/SS NPC's refer to Lugia as being a Dragon like Pokemon, yet it's a flying type.
Flying/Dark seems like the typng it will have, but I like to think that it will be Poison/Flying.

Firebrand

Indomitable
Okay, so I just saw that Yvetal is 19 ft tall. 19, people. That is massive. Like, nearly two stories tall. Xerneas is 9 feet, which is still pretty big, but Yvetal absolutely dwarfs that. This is the biggest height disparity of any mascot legends to date (previously they have been no different than 2-3 feet), and Yvetal is the tallest mascot as yet; Lugia's 17 feet is the only thing to come close.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Okay, so I just saw that Yvetal is 19 ft tall. 19, people. That is massive. Like, nearly two stories tall. Xerneas is 9 feet, which is still pretty big, but Yvetal absolutely dwarfs that. This is the biggest height disparity of any mascot legends to date (previously they have been no different than 2-3 feet), and Yvetal is the tallest mascot as yet; Lugia's 17 feet is the only thing to come close.

Pretty sure that they're including Yveltal's tail, which I really don't think should count.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

Long tails are always included in the measurements of Pokémon that have them; Yveltal isn't really 19 feet tall.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
It has tallons, fur and a beak. It's a bird.
um, dude, no birds have fur. and the beak is debateable. and dragons also have talons, jus sayin...

Altaria has some words for you

I've been tired of all these legendary dragon-types, the dragon-type is suppose to be rare yet every region as of late has introduced at least 5.
true but i dont mind.

also look at yveltal, it looks like skin not feathers on him, even the fur thing around his neck doesnt look like feathers.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
um, dude, no birds have fur. and the beak is debateable. and dragons also have talons, jus sayin...

Around their necks; some birds do have fur. Not many dragons do, though. They have scales.

Raguna

Magikarp. The best.

true but i dont mind.

also look at yveltal, it looks like skin not feathers on him, even the fur thing around his neck doesnt look like feathers.

Actually, some birds do have feathers that greatly resembles fur. Vultures have them, if I'm not mistaken. Vultures also have their "fur" look alike thing around their necks. And Dragons have claws, which is different than talons. Wyverns have talons, but Yveltal doesn't remind me of that either.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst

Lugia doesn't have feathers either though so it still can be a stylized bird.

ludiloco

Yveltal looks like a fusion of Lugia and Groudon.

Best looking legendary ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.