• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
On another note regarding the legendaries, they should distribute key items that unlocks secret areas for you to catch the event legendaries just like in DPPt, being distributed takes the fun out of obtaining them and you can't soft reset to get the natures and IV's you desire

You can soft reset for them, there are only a few special cases where you can't (such as DPPt/HGSS' Crown Beast event).

Dragrath

Dragon Onslaught
I posted this in the Dex section but I'll repost it here because it pertains to the Z Pokémon:

Has anyone considered this?: Maybe Pokémon won't follow the generation system as we know it anymore due to the 3DS's downloadable content. Every time Game Freak wants to release a new Pokémon, item, move, area, etc they could just make the data downloadable. In trades, one 3DS would update the other before the trade begins to ensure the data being traded is available on both games. Heck, we might not even see the Z legendary Pokémon until Pokémon Z releases because Game Freak would be able to release new Pokémon mid-generation now. And of course, we wouldn't see event Pokémon in the game's data until they are officially revealed.
I was actually thinking about this frankly I think it will be very likely to see Pokemon DLC but the real question is how will they use it? I think it is likely they would use it to add Pokemon (maybe 10-15 lines and possibly a legend per installment?) or they might just add forms and evo's or perhaps just moves(maybe as TM's or tutors as they already broke the TM limit) items..

As for compatibility they would probably make it you could only tree it to a game with the content installed (that way you would have to give them more $)

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
I was actually thinking about this frankly I think it will be very likely to see Pokemon DLC but the real question is how will they use it? I think it is likely they would use it to add Pokemon (maybe 10-15 lines and possibly a legend per installment?) or they might just add forms and evo's or perhaps just moves(maybe as TM's or tutors as they already broke the TM limit) items..

As for compatibility they would probably make it you could only tree it to a game with the content installed (that way you would have to give them more $)

The point of DLC, unless I'm mistaken, is to add extras. There's no way actual pokemon (short of event legendaries, which you do not need to complete the dex) are 'extras'. They're part of the game, and if you've paid for the game you deserve to be able to complete it w/o downloading anything extra.

I'm thinking they may use it to add additional charms, like the Shiny Charm and Oval Charm. Maybe a charm that increases the odds of finding a wild pokemon with a certain IV?

LizardonX

Banned
They should be Ironic and make Xerneas Fire/Steel and Yveltal Water/Grass just to troll the players.

I think Xerneas being Ground-based and Yveltal being Air-based is a good indicator that the unannounced "Z" pokemon (and let's be honest you know it's going to happen) will be Water-based.

Estellise

peachy
I'm 99% sure Xerneas is a Grass Type, most likely with a secondary Type as well. As for Yveltal... I assume its secondary Type will be Flying. Maybe it'll be Dark/Flying?

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer
The point of DLC, unless I'm mistaken, is to add extras. There's no way actual pokemon (short of event legendaries, which you do not need to complete the dex) are 'extras'. They're part of the game, and if you've paid for the game you deserve to be able to complete it w/o downloading anything extra.

I'm thinking they may use it to add additional charms, like the Shiny Charm and Oval Charm. Maybe a charm that increases the odds of finding a wild pokemon with a certain IV?

Love this idea!!
A charm to increase likelihood of a certain IV would be awesome!
Though I think instead of a charm, that has a constant effect; I think it should only activate when the lead pokemon has it equppied.
I would imagine this strategy would be superior,

Sadarac

Y reminds me of Nocturne from League of Legends, Idk why because Noct isn't a bird-thing, but still. I'm predicting that there will be a trio, which includes some sort of new typing combo. x and y are probably the two opposing legends, like groudon/kyogre, resh/zek and so on. There will be a third "letter" pokemon, possibly "z".

Ampharoid

AMPHAROS TREYNUR
Y reminds me of Nocturne from League of Legends, Idk why because Noct isn't a bird-thing, but still. I'm predicting that there will be a trio, which includes some sort of new typing combo. x and y are probably the two opposing legends, like groudon/kyogre, resh/zek and so on. There will be a third "letter" pokemon, possibly "z".

Yveltal=Nocturne
Articuno=Anivia
Meloetta=Sona
Tauros=Alistar
Abomasnow=Nunu
Krookodile=Renekton
Drapion=Skarner
Beartic=Volibear
Primape/Infernape=Wukong

hmmmmm.......

riot's getting some major inspiration from somewhere....

Odin VI

My guess would be Xerneas being Grass/Steel & Yveltal being Flying/Dark or Dragon/Dark.

also pretty sure Nocturne, Sona, Renekton & Nunu were made before the pokemon you think they were copied from

Last edited:

XxVascoxX

They should be Ironic and make Xerneas Fire/Steel and Yveltal Water/Grass just to troll the players.
Don't worry about that , i'm sure Gamefreak has already though out of a way to troll us.

i think Xerneas would make a nice water Grass.Goes with the idea of a blend between Virizion and Dialga.

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer
That's even worst the sunlight/rain summoning was their trademark, I really hope GF make it up for Hoenn and its legendaries

On another note regarding the legendaries, they should distribute key items that unlocks secret areas for you to catch the event legendaries just like in DPPt, being distributed takes the fun out of obtaining them and you can't soft reset to get the natures and IV's you desire

I don't think they should take out event legendaries, entirely; though you have a point.
I kind of like being able to determine a pokemons nature/iv's. I mean what's the point of having a legendary pokemon if its not completely beastly? I never battle with legendaries, but isn't that kind of the point of a legendary? The fact that its a legendary, should mean that it has legendary qualities (like a beneficial nature/stats) Right?

Flamer

I don't think they should take out Event Legendaries..just have less of them

Yeah. Having 3 or 4 event legendaries de-values them. Worked much better in the first couple of Gens when you had Mew and Celebi that were truly rare and therefore very special. Can see in Gen 4 that Arcues had to be event only, along with Shaymin as the base 100 little cute one, but never understood why Darkrai was event only, especially when Cressila wasn't. Add in Manaphy and Regigigas only being obtainable with help from outside games and it really was too much. Same thing with Gen 5 were we ended up with 4 event only legendaries.

If they want to distribute a lot of Pokemon via WiFi and in store events, they've now got a plenty big enough back catalog to choose from.

Last edited:

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I think Xerneas being Ground-based and Yveltal being Air-based is a good indicator that the unannounced "Z" pokemon (and let's be honest you know it's going to happen) will be Water-based.

To be fair, we all "knew" that Pokémon Gray was going to happen as well.

The biggest reason I can see behind B2/W2 instead of Gray/Grey coming out was that there IS a regional difference in the spelling, and it's just unneeded to have to classify the same game as a different one just because of one letter when they could of make a double sequel, like so, and make a first in Pokemon than carry out what was expected. It would be like Pokemon Sword and Shield. Next logical choice would be Armor/Armour, right? Well, they can't very well do that as I just explained.

---

I'm just hoping that 'Z' does come out.

Sealotic

I'm just hoping that 'Z' does come out.

It would be like Giratina in D/P, wouldn't it ?
I guess it would be a wonderfuuul idea, it seems goos to have another trio after Reshiram and Zekrom that weren't that... popular ?

Also, I can,t decide which legendary I like the most, it's the first time it happens.
I love the innocent and powerful side of Xerneas and the look of Yveltal too. My favorite type might be Dark or Ghost, so maybe I'll choose Yveltal.
I just have to wait until we discover more avout those two nice creatures !

GatedSunOne

Like A Rockefeller
...I've leafed through a majority of this thread over the past few days, and the reacurring theme of Xerneas/Yveltal's types has really intrigued me. This is my first little post on this site, so forgive me if anything's off.

I'm getting the feeling Game Freak's going to toss us a curveball on what types these guys are--especially Xerneas. After what they pulled on earlier Legendarys (Lugia, Reshiram and Zekrom instantly come to mind), I'm afraid to make any concrete assumptions. For now though, I'll assume Yveltal's at least part Flying, and Xerneas is...er...well, Xerneas.

Not against new types, but at the same time I'm not really for it either: Sound as a type doesn't really seem that appealing, and we all remember what happened to Reshiram, who looked like a "Light Type" to a lot of folks.

I'd rather they rebalance the cast of Types already in use before they add more to the pot: Grass really got the short end of the stick defensively, and most players I run into neglect them entirely unless they have secondary typing to take the sting out Grass's weaknesses--see Ferrothorn. (That, and make every dual type possible too--I'd kill to see the looks on player's faces if they make a Dragon/Fighting type with mixed offenses.)

While I admit Light seems like a good idea (SHIELDS HIMSELF FROM ANTI-NEW TYPE POSTS), I doubt they'd debut it on a Legend and call it a day... Xerneas gives off more of a "Steel-Type" aura than anything. How would Hidden Power work if new Types were added now?

Ryan7437

Banned
^ Good points. I agree.

My guesses:

Yveltal: Flying/Dark
Xerneas: Electric/Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.