• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zachmac

Wyverns aren't really known for their bites, so that's not really likely, but the unability to land is famous. I hope Yveltal can land though.

Wikipedia said:
Depending on the cultural specifications, wyverns can breathe fire, or possess a venomous bite, or possess neither or both of these.
Do they have to be known for, or could they just be capable?

I've never heard of them being unable to land, though. Huh.

How haven't you? Wyvern is synonymous for a creature without the ability to land. Wikipedia, away!

EDIT: It cannot land, but it can rest on it's tail. I don't see how this is possible, but when it comes to information, Wikipedia is WAY more reliable than teachers give it credit for.

Yveltal96

A little more human
I think that Yveltal will be Dragon/Dark.
The color scheme makes me think of a dark type, and most theme legends Emerald onward are Dragon. IDK about Xernas.

dear god he better not be dragon not another dragon
the type i think he will be based on him color scheme is dark/flying
he doesn't even possess dragon like traits his legs look like a birds (eagle) along with his wings which remind me of lugias which was a legendary bird

If only Yveltal was Dragon, I wouldn't mind, but a trio will kill me. Because, well, Wyverns are dragons...

Toyosatomimi no Miko

炎髪灼眼の討ち手
If only Yveltal was Dragon, I wouldn't mind, but a trio will kill me. Because, well, Wyverns are dragons...

Gen 3: Dragon

Gen 4: More Dragons

Gen 5: More Dragons

I'm not entirely sure if I want another dragon. And personally, I love dragons.

EDIT: It cannot land, but it can rest on it's tail. I don't see how this is possible, but when it comes to information, Wikipedia is WAY more reliable than teachers give it credit for.

Except that anyone can edit it, even a 5 year old.

Zachmac

I just googled wyvern. I didn't find a think about them being unable to land.
Except that anyone can edit it, even a 5 year old.
True. But usually, I find the information reliable or agreeing with other resources.

I think it's mostly edited by people who know what they're talking about. At the very least, if people who didn't managed to mess with it that much, it probably wouldn't be so professionally written most of the time.

Last edited:

Draqunity

dear god he better not be dragon not another dragon
the type i think he will be based on him color scheme is dark/flying
he doesn't even possess dragon like traits his legs look like a birds (eagle) along with his wings which remind me of lugias which was a legendary bird

Red-EyesWyvernGX06-EN-SR-UE.png

Dragon type.

But honestly, wyverns are small dragons. I suppose it could be Dark/Flying, as it doesn't look much of a dragon. As it flies everywhere in the clip, flying is a safe guess.

Yveltal96

A little more human
Red-EyesWyvernGX06-EN-SR-UE.png

Dragon type.

But honestly, wyverns are small dragons. I suppose it could be Dark/Flying, as it doesn't look much of a dragon. As it flies everywhere in the clip, flying is a safe guess.

that's a yu-gi-oh card....
also i never said Yveltal was a wyvern i said he represented lugia who was a legendary bird

Zachmac

also i never said Yveltal was a wyvern i said he represented lugia who was a legendary bird
If everything generation 1 and 2 said were cannon, then Blastoise would be a shellfish. It clearly isn't.

I'm also fairly certain Sandshrew isn't a shrew, and especially not Sandslash.

Draqunity

I know.

Secondly, I get it now. Yvetal could be a bird, but we won't know until X & Y come out or spoilers are released. I prefer it being a wyvern, but nonetheless, it could be Dark/Dragon or Dark/Flying.
It could be just Dark or Flying or Dragon.

Yveltal96

A little more human
If everything generation 1 and 2 said were cannon, then Blastoise would be a shellfish. It clearly isn't.

I'm also fairly certain Sandshrew isn't a shrew, and especially not Sandslash.

sandshrew resembled a shrew pretty well
http://www.hoglezoo.org/images/animal_finder/Shrew1.jpg
also this brings me to something else
just because there was one thing you have come up with that wasn't completely accurate doesn't mean the rest was noctowl is an owl and murkrow is a crow and miltank was a cow

Toyosatomimi no Miko

炎髪灼眼の討ち手
I know.

Secondly, I get it now. Yvetal could be a bird, but we won't know until X & Y come out or spoilers are released. I prefer it being a wyvern, but nonetheless, it could be Dark/Dragon or Dark/Flying.
It could be just Dark or Flying or Dragon.

Or we could not do Dragon entirely and have a Fire or Poison or Flying or Dark. Pokemon can be irrational.

Yveltal96

A little more human
well a popular theory about both the typing is similar to the main theory on the starters types
a lot of people think that Yveltal will be dark/flying and Xerneas will be psychic/electric because a theory about him is Xerneas represents neurons
not saying it's correct but it seems to fit the puzzle and the antlers do remind me of neurons sending electric signals to the brain

Yveltal96

A little more human
Well I guess Electric would make sense, and so would Steel, but I also saw something about Ice the other day. And tbh, I wouldn't mind Ice.

it makes sense the colors representing the lights seen in the arctic
but i don't think GF would do that for a legendary
i mean after Kyurem they realized it was a bad type for legendaries to have so they gave mercy on him and boosted the crap out of his stats when they gave him new forms

Toyosatomimi no Miko

炎髪灼眼の討ち手
it makes sense the colors representing the lights seen in the arctic
but i don't think GF would do that for a legendary
i mean after Kyurem they realized it was a bad type for legendaries to have so they gave mercy on him and boosted the crap out of his stats when they gave him new forms

Pretty good point xP I just don't want it to be Normal (<-- Which is unlikely anyway) But I don't think it'll be Steel either cause it does have the colors of Cobalion, Virizion, and Terrakion on it's antlers, and Cobalion is already steel.

Yveltal96

A little more human
Pretty good point xP I just don't want it to be Normal (<-- Which is unlikely anyway) But I don't think it'll be Steel either cause it does have the colors of Cobalion, Virizion, and Terrakion on it's antlers, and Cobalion is already steel.

oooo never considered that that's a good point sir

Cuddy

Cyndaquil Master
I like to see a legendary Pokemon that looks like the watchdog Cerberus. IT should be a dark type.

Status
Not open for further replies.