• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
I'm going to be so pressed if Yveltal really is another Dragon-type. Like, I thought it would be a Flying-type given its avian appearance. I'm really tired of the Dragon-type hype. :x

Yeah I agree, I'm sort of sick of the cover legendaries always being Dragon-types. Unfortunately I think it's pretty unlikely that Xerneas won't be a Dragon-type, then, but only time can tell. Dragon/Psychic or Dragon/Grass for Xerneas wouldn't be too bad though I hope it's not Dragon/Steel.

Lost Lore

Diving Deep
Well, I guess Dragon/Dark makes sense... It does look somewhat distantly draconian. Hydreigon will not be pleased, however. Or people will ship it with Yveltal.

I've no idea on Xerneas but I guess we're about to find out?

Xadium

Poliwhirl Enthusiast
Yeah, now that I think about it, I really hope it's Dark/Flying.

pacack825

A meowing duck.
Joe just took it down. It might be a fake. I hope it is.
Denkimouse on Twitter called fake, and Joe said that he wished he didn't rush that. He's thinking it's fake unless more proof is given.

Tweey from just now:
"The text style seems off to me too, though that could be because it's close up rather than a full page"

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Well I'm surprised, I thought for sure it wouldn't be a dragon but at the very least I like the typing (even if it's not unique).

It's funny, it's almost like a Lugia situation except inverted.

Edit: Nevermind.

Last edited:

pacack825

A meowing duck.
Well I'm surprised, I (and many others) thought for sure it wouldn't be a dragon. Well, at the very least I like the typing (even if it's not unique).

It's funny, it's almost like a Lugia situation except inverted.
Again, Joe thinks it might be fake. He did say insinuate that he's not sure, though.

sunyshore.com

Electric Obsession
(i am denkimouse on twitter) we do think its fake. if its real, the art has gone downhill a huge amount. the reason it looks good is because its what we expect to see (legendary typing and protag art) and the japanese is good and the graphics are good, but what gives it away is that artwork. UGH! it's not sugimori style at all. this was probably made by a japanese person, and they are not that good at copying sugimori style, so there you have it.

but i could be wrong. just, if i am wrong, official pokemon art now sucks, for reals.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
Deleted the scan seeming it's most likely fake. Man I hope it doesn't leak while I'm at school!

Last edited:

pacack825

A meowing duck.
(i am denkimouse on twitter) we do think its fake. if its real, the art has gone downhill a huge amount. the reason it looks good is because its what we expect to see (legendary typing and protag art) and the japanese is good and the graphics are good, but what gives it away is that artwork. UGH! it's not sugimori style at all. this was probably made by a japanese person, and they are not that good at copying sugimori style, so there you have it.

but i could be wrong. just, if i am wrong, official pokemon art now sucks, for reals.
I saw your tweet. Yes, I agree. It's just that the trainer looks so...atypical.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
Ah, it really was fake, I guess? Damn.

pacack825

A meowing duck.
Ah, it really was fake, I guess? Damn.
Most likely, but nothing is confirmed until Corocoro actually comes out. Besides, the typing may be correct even if the scan isn't real. You never know.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
Most likely, but nothing is confirmed until Corocoro actually comes out. Besides, the typing may be correct even if the scan isn't real. You never know.

That's true. But if Serebii is even unsure, I don't have much hope of it being real. Though, yeah, in a way I hope the Typing is correct, cuz' now I can't think of it in other types. ^^"

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Hmmm, just looking at the logo on the scan, it looks fairly sloppily 'cropped' (especially near the Pokeball) and some of the light ray things are missing, when you compare it to the official Japanese logo:

2409820-336437.jpg

Just some food for thought.

Anyway, I hope Yveltal doesn't turn out to actually be a Dragon-type. Dark/Flying and Grass/Psychic would fit the legendaries well, I think.

pacack825

A meowing duck.
Hmmm, just looking at the logo on the scan, it looks fairly sloppily 'cropped' (especially near the Pokeball) and some of the light ray things are missing, when you compare it to the official Japanese logo:

2409820-336437.jpg

Just some food for thought.

Anyway, I hope Yveltal doesn't turn out to actually be a Dragon-type. Dark/Flying and Grass/Psychic would fit the legendaries well, I think.
That would really make Yveltal stronger than Xerneas. Honestly.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
That would really make Yveltal stronger than Xerneas. Honestly.

Oh yeah, that's true, I can't believe I didn't notice that hahaha.

Still I think it's important (and likely) for Xerneas to have either the Grass- or Ground-typing to represent the fact that it lives on land and is based on the stags in the Yggdrasil story which guard the tree/land. It's other typing could be a host of things, really, and the main reason I suggested Psychic is because of the way the gems in its antlers are illustrated. Steel could definitely work as well, I think.

e: Aaaand the scans are confirmed fake:

@denkimouse Another thing, the classification/ability (whichever) appears to say Axis X, which doesn't fit for the Y Pokémon

https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/300867807489433600

Last edited:

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."

Oh okay good to know before people spaz out.

Darside

darisde trainer
the new scan, is fake, thats not sugimori style, and the logo looks like if a munchlax gave it a bite (near the pokeball)

i bet Yveltalt may be dragon/dark, but that doesnt fit him, more flying than dragon...

pacack825

A meowing duck.
the new scan, is fake, thats not sugimori style, and the logo looks like if a munchlax gave it a bite (near the pokeball)

i bet Yveltalt may be dragon/dark, but that doesnt fit him, more flying than dragon...
Dark/Psychic with levitate might be cool, then we could have Xerneas be Normal/Steel so they both have two immunities and one double weakness.

[aka]

Dark/Psychic with levitate might be cool, then we could have Xerneas be Normal/Steel so they both have two immunities and one double weakness.

Ooh. That actually sounds really cool! Can the third one be Bug/Fighting, then? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.