• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quimagma

The quilava Master!
Where is Norse mythology from? Also the typings: Y flying/dark, X grass/steel, Z poison/ground

Yveltal96

A little more human
Has anyone ever though of the legendaries as a sort of circle of life sorta deal. Or a life cycle or eco-system.

1st theory:

Yveltal (a bird) represents a predator while Xerneas (a deer [often timid]) represents a prey. The unknown Z could represent a decomposer or something.

2nd theory (sorta similar):

Yveltal (bird and a predator) hunts Z (a snake a predator and prey) who hunts Xerneas (a deer and prey). When Z gets captured by evil Team ABC the ecosystem falls apart. Z is later returned to the ecosystem but is genetically modified causing him to be super hunter/predator sorta deal. This causes the ecosystem to collapse even more effecting all pokemon. Hero then must fix the mutated Z and rebalance the ecosystem.

i like this what i was thinking of was fairly similar and it relates to the biology theory:
1) in this theory of biology, Yveltal will represent muscle or blood so i assumed that he will be the guardian of said mystical forest
2) Xerneas is supposedly representative of a neuron, so he is the forests' security system to warn the blood (Yvetal) that there is trouble
3) the Z legendary is supposedly representative of the main organs and is the forests life source so this also correlates with the Yggdrasil theory since the snake lives in the roots, he could definitely be a life source

Helcate

Penguin Master
i like this what i was thinking of was fairly similar and it relates to the biology theory:
1) in this theory of biology, Yveltal will represent muscle or blood so i assumed that he will be the guardian of said mystical forest
2) Xerneas is supposedly representative of a neuron, so he is the forests' security system to warn the blood (Yvetal) that there is trouble
3) the Z legendary is supposedly representative of the main organs and is the forests life source so this also correlates with the Yggdrasil theory since the snake lives in the roots, he could definitely be a life source

That sounds just as great as my theory! I like it!

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Wait aren't these the musketeers' jobs? Everything else sorta makes sense...

No, the Swords of Justice only protect other Pokémon from harm.

Sealotic

Where is Norse mythology from? Also the typings: Y flying/dark, X grass/steel, Z poison/ground

How can you speculate about a pokemon that we never see ? Poison/Ground... well

Xadium

Poliwhirl Enthusiast
So, uh, what's with this pic being on the main site?

(pic too large)

isn't that the 'fake' pic that stated Yveltal to be Dragpn/Dark on Sunday night?

Yveltal96

A little more human
also i think they could be sooo creative with a posion legendary
it could be steel/poison and have levitate leaving it with only one weakness
and it could get a signature move that is steel type and is physical but has a chance of badly poisoning your opponent

williamdrake

For me, the types are:

Yveltal: Flying/Dark

Xerneas: Electric/Psyquic

The third legendary is a fighting type with a unique combination like fighting/ghost or fighting/dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.