• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Umbreon Bob

i never said anything else was wrong
it's just my opinion that i don't like the idea of Xerneas being steel, ground, or rock
it's my speculation so get off my back about it

First you say it's your opinion then you say it's your speculation. Then in previous posts you take all the evidence and myths very literally about the legendary dudes.

See this is my point, you are contradicting your own argument and obviously cannot make up your own mind about this.

Yveltal96

A little more human
First you say it's your opinion then you say it's your speculation. Then in previous posts you take all the evidence and myths very literally about the legendary dudes.

See this is my point, you are contradicting your own argument and obviously cannot make up your own mind about this.

Because I am basing my theory off of the other theories you think I can't state my opinion?
I'm saying steel rock an ground don't seem likely to me
If not electric I could see it being grass but based off of popular speculation that would put xerneas at a huge disadvantage to yveltal which is another reason I think electric/psychic is a very likely candidate

Auberon TheFae

Nature's Breath
Because I am basing my theory off of the other theories you think I can't state my opinion?
If not electric I could see it being grass but based off of popular speculation that would put xerneas at a huge disadvantage to yveltal which is another reason I think electric/psychic is a very likely candidate

Yveltal I think what he is basically saying is that once you give your opinions or speculations, you act as they are 100% true, and once someone says something to the contrary, you blast it down immediately. Perhaps you don't intentionally try to come across that way, but I have been reading through the threads for a while now and I do see where he is coming from.

Yveltal96

A little more human
Yveltal I think what he is basically saying is that once you give your opinions or speculations, you act as they are 100% true, and once someone says something to the contrary, you blast it down immediately. Perhaps you don't intentionally try to come across that way, but I have been reading through the threads for a while now and I do see where he is coming from.

It's not like I try to completely disregard the other opinions
The only things I am completely against is light and froakie being electric or flying
Like some people have suggested froakie being poison and I suggested the poison touch ability

Umbreon Bob

i never said anything else was wrong
it's just my opinion that i don't like the idea of Xerneas being steel, ground, or rock
it's my speculation so get off my back about it

Bolding the important parts here. Yv, you have valid points. I'm not going to deny that but this is just too hard to ignore. No harm meant buddy.

Yveltal96

A little more human
Bolding the important parts here. Yv, you have valid points. I'm not going to deny that but this is just too hard to ignore. No harm meant buddy.

Well it's not like I'm trying to completely disregard anyone
I mean if he was grass I wouldn't complain it's just that I don't see exactly why ground rock and steel would work
Some people say those things on his legs are swords but I am not positive that is what they are
Sure steel would be cool but idk it doesn't seem to fit to me

Auberon TheFae

Nature's Breath
I am still secretly wishing that Xerneas turns out to be part grass. I think it is only fair since the other starter types have their mascot legendary. If it doesn't, oh well that's just the way GF rolls. But I can clearly see why people call it psychic. It does appear to have the psychic like motif, but psychic already has too many legendaries for my taste.

Umbreon Bob

That got me thinking. Are there any psychic steel pokemon in general?

Umbreon Bob

Umbreon Bob

It happens to all of us. But I am interested to see where you are going with this question.

Well a lot of speculators around here are implying that Xerneas may be a Psychic/steel type (Naturally this would be awesome) and I had a brainfart and thought that this combination had not been done before.

Although this is not a common type mix with only Beldum Bronzor and Jirachi (who is an event pokemon only) so I would be happy to see another one of these types as a legendary.

Essiah

Maybe GameFreak will bring new light type (as many people speculate), then Xerneas could be light/psychic or light/grass. Dont ask how could the light type "look". Its just simple and have sense when we already have dark type pokemon. Just saying :)

Jinglefruit

Mad hatter
I saw the CoroCoro leak and i don't think it's true..Yveltal as Fighting/Flying WTH...

I saw that too, though I didn't thik it was too far-fetched. However I don't think we have ever had a corocoro rumour come completely true before the actual print being shown, so it's probably not.

If it is true saying Xerneas is Psychic/Ground and Yveltal is Fighting/Flying then Xerneas would have an advantage over Yveltal which kinda surprises me. I would also speculate that if any Z-snake arises it would be Dark/Electric.

Drohn

I don't think it will happen, but since Mewtwo has to fight 5 super strong Bug/Steel types, how cool would it be if he can hold/wear his armour made by Team Rocket (in the movie and in-game (gen 6)) to give him the added steel type, to even out the chances a little :eek:

R_N

I saw the CoroCoro leak and i don't think it's true..Yveltal as Fighting/Flying WTH...

You mean this one, right?
*The magazine expands on the Starters and Legendaries, with Species and Types:

Chespin is the Igaguri Pokemon, "Chestnut".
Fennekin is the Kitsunemimi Pokemon, "Fox Ears".
Froakie is the Kaeru Pokemon, "Frog".
Xerneas is the CHI (written out in romanji) Pokemon. Psychic/Ground.
Yveltal is the PSI (written out in romanji) Pokemon. Fighting/Flying.

Magazine has little speculative blurbs about them. Mentions how Chespin seems to be wearing a "hat", and wonders if it can be removed. Fennekin's blurb points out the fluff within its ears and questions if it's able to hear with all that fluff. Froakie's questions about the function of the clouds on its back, and wonders if it stores anything in it. Xerneas' points out the rainbow glow coming from its horns and asks what kind of power they contain, and Yveltal's mentions how its tail has a third hand on the end.

Next issue will apparently reveal the secret of Xerneas and Yveltal, and the meaning of CHI and PSI.

It's fake. The rumor also specifically brought up movie information which
*Movie News.

The Movie News focuses mainly on Mewtwo, with a sidebar detailing its various appearances, including the original film, Mewtwo Returns, its role in Red and Blue, Pokemon Stadium, and even Smash Brothers Melee. Mewtwo is said to have amnesia within the film, and doesn't remember who Ash is, and considers him an enemy alongside the rest of humanity. Mewtwo engages in a fight with the Red Genesect in order to "free it" from its prison, as it senses its pain from being transformed into a weapon. Mewtwo is said to have obtained a new power, but it is not stated what.

The city within the film is called Neodoll City, and is a high-tech utopia where brilliant minds are said to gather. Ash and Co. travel there in order to attend a conference that Professor Oak invited them to focusing on the bonds between human and Pokemon.

We know is wrong for several reasons, but the one that can't be argued down is "Neodoll City"

GerudoPrince

Desert Glider
I actually feel like Neodoll City is relatively close to the actual city name (New Tork?) and if the information was relayed through voice it's plausible it could have been misinterpreted as Neodoll.

But time will tell :)

R_N

I actually feel like Neodoll City is relatively close to the actual city name (New Tork?) and if the information was relayed through voice it's plausible it could have been misinterpreted as Neodoll.

But time will tell :)

Neodoll and New Tork are so different in sound that I don't see how you would mix it up

In addition: The Sylveon short does not take place in a park or even near the main film's city (as said later in the rumor)
Professor Oak isn't mentioned anywhere in the trailers or website
Mewtwo does not seem to bear ill will to humans (otherwise why save them)

Quimagma

The quilava Master!
Stop hoping for types like ice/electric, how do people even come up with that, electric makes sense, but Ice, Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.