• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WNDR

I don't see why anybody hasn't said anything about the new acne ridden genesect form.

I don't like how all of his limbs are hidden except for one which looks odd, in both of the different new images of it, what's the reason it's apendages are hidden? Some kind of crazy pokemon cover up!

The Head Honchkrow

This possible new Mewtwo form reminds me of Sheldon Cooper fused with Freiza from Dragonball...

Hmm...Neurotic, pedantic, socially-inept man-child prodigy, and a cloned psychic, angstey humanoid with a vendetta against humans...

...Nope, not seeing the connection, buddy.

~The Head Honchkrow~

Perapmanta_017

I honestly think it's real. Sure Mewtwo is a Gen I pokemon, but who cares if it gets a new forme now ? The pic of the form will look better once we see all of it. Until Serebii himself says it's fake- it's real to me

Dren

Ghost Master
Yeah, this was the scan I mentioned in my previous post, didn't know where to find it. I don't recall the Keldeo poster exactly, but my hazy recollection says that there were more differences between the two than simply Keldeo's form. There were other characters and pokemon included between the two. This is literally the exact same, with only mewtwo and perhaps the background changed. The scan quality is hazy, so I can't say for certain if the background is different. Just looks like a hazy version of the sky in the first one.

Oshawott seems to have moved in the forme change poster too

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
Oshawott seems to have moved in the forme change poster too

Snivy is in the same place as she was before, but Oshawott is still the same distance from her. I think it's Genesect who moved, but it doesn't really matter.

And Iris has moved a bit.

So, anyone think that this new forme will be event exclusive, or we could get it in-game?

Kieran-kun

ポケモンマスター
Hmm...Neurotic, pedantic, socially-inept man-child prodigy, and a cloned psychic, angstey humanoid with a vendetta against humans...

...Nope, not seeing the connection, buddy.

~The Head Honchkrow~

Actually Sheldon isn't too fond of humans himself... haha, but I meant the vibe in general. I'm not quiet sure what it is.

wulpix

Trainer of vulpix
What bugs me about the images is the quality. The first image is so hazy and blurry, and is that glue on genesect? The second picture looks like it is on a bed sheet or something with how wavy it is. And all the details are whited ouy, usually we have better quality pictures than this.

In fact, the second picture really bugs me. What is that black spot over Ash's mouth. And what is that yellow pokemon to the right of him? And if you look above Ash's head, you see Cilan's body, but it looks like his head has been cropped off in a wrinkle but the mewtwo form is hardly disturbed. Anyone else notice this?

Last edited:

rocky505

Could the event Mewtwo knowing Hurricane have something to do with this? Like if Mewtwo becomes a Psychic/Flying type and gets a speed stat boost to go against E-speed Genesect.

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
Could the event Mewtwo knowing Hurricane have something to do with this? Like if Mewtwo becomes a Psychic/Flying type and gets a speed stat boost to go against E-speed Genesect.

Naw!!!!! Naw!!!!! No Psychic/Flying! That'd make Mewtwo horrible >: (

I'd like-Psychic/Steel or Psychic/Fighting or Psychic.

The Musician

Heracross trainer
I'm not buying it. It just looks... bad. The poor quality of the image (not too mention the picture of it as well) and the indiscernible body shape; I find it hard to believe Nintendo would release something looking like that. Just my impression, we'll see I guess.

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
I'm not buying it. It just looks... bad. The poor quality of the image (not too mention the picture of it as well) and the indiscernible body shape; I find it hard to believe Nintendo would release something looking like that. Just my impression, we'll see I guess.

*cough* Stunfisk and Magmortar would like a word *cough*

Anyway, I hope the new forme becomes more focused on being a Sweeper! Ditches some defense and HP, gain Speed and Sp. Attack.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I'd probably like this "Mewtwo Forme" more if we had a clearer picture, so I'll withhold my judgment until such time as one is released.

(Though it is pretty interesting considering the timing; Smash is set to reveal a new Pokémon this Saturday, and it could turn out to be this.)

Kariachi

Power Is Beautiful
I'd probably like this "Mewtwo Forme" more if we had a clearer picture, so I'll withhold my judgment until such time as a picture is released.

(Though it is pretty interesting considering the timing; Smash is set to reveal a new Pokémon this Saturday and it could turn out to be this.)

I hope it isn't. I need a new pokemon lest I explode.

Aurath8

I'd probably like this "Mewtwo Forme" more if we had a clearer picture, so I'll withhold my judgment until such time as one is released.

(Though it is pretty interesting considering the timing; Smash is set to reveal a new Pokémon this Saturday, and it could turn out to be this.)

The pokemon from smash looks like something quite small, mainly because of the relative size of the battlefield-disc thing it stands. Unless, the battle field scales with the size of the pokemon, I doubt it'd be the Mewtwo forme since he's 6'7". Unless Mewtwo forme is a midget.

Mew.

A Bad Title
I do find it amusing how a relatively massive amount of forum users dislike the Mewtwo Form. It is not that bad. At first sight it did not look flawless, but if it indeed is fake information - the idea behind it is not bad at all.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Anyway, I hope the new forme becomes more focused on being a Sweeper! Ditches some defense and HP, gain Speed and Sp. Attack.

Mewtwo is exactly like that already, this is his stat distribution:

HP: 106
Attack: 110
Defense: 90
Sp. Attack: 154
Sp. Defense: 90
Speed: 130

That's nothing to sneeze at, and it makes him an amazing special sweeper already. If he is in fact getting a new form, it will either not change his stats, or rearrange them to fit a different role. There's no need to exaggerate his role as a special sweeper when he has one of the highest BSTs in the game.

Last edited:

Mr. Cuddles

i like trains
Hey pokemon, DBZ just called, they want majin buu back.

Lol, that's exactly what I thought. It looks like frieza and kid buu have a baby together.

Status
Not open for further replies.