• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missingno.Fan

At first I couldn't tell what in Arceus' name was going on with the new Mewtwo's body. At first I thought it was just like a big floating head, but then I noticed it had a body. This is probably legit because Serebii posted it (I kind of doubt that he would post something that had a less than 50% chance of being fake). I hope that we get a new Pokemon on Smash (or at least another one in addition to "Mewnew").

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
"A new image has gone live through the Japanese message boards and showcase what appears to be a new Mewtwo form." Does this mean we aren't sure what it is? Or does it say it is a new form in Japanese and we just aren't sure the validity? Because I would be stoked if this were the all-powerful Mewthree. I guess it would completely take away Mewtwo's legendary status as the criteria for legendaries states that they don't evolve though. Either way, GF bringing Mewthree to life after all these years would be cool.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
lets just say this new "mewtwo form" is real

what makes you think its going to be in the main series games? it could just be a in movie thing or whatever
i mean come on guys aren't we digging too far into this (again)

ECM

If in fact the new Mewtwo form is legit, that opens up the possibility of other previous legendary Pokémon (and maybe even regular Pokémon) to get new forms this generation. That is just plain awesome. Not that I ever use legendaries, but I think it's a nifty idea. Although its not probable, I would love to see the legendary beasts get a new form each. I like the idea of them originally having been Vaporeon, Jolteon and Flareon, but maybe if they get a new form showing what they looked like before being revived by Ho-oh, it would make for an interesting story behind them getting new forms this gen. Even though its quite possible that the three were already Entei, Suicune and Raikou before dying, I think that it makes for a better story if they at least looked different, had different stats, or maybe even having another type alongside their primary types. Just a thought.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader

what makes you think its going to be in the main series games? it could just be a in movie thing or whatever
When is the last time a movie form or evo didn't make it into the games?

GDK

At first I couldn't tell what in Arceus' name was going on with the new Mewtwo's body. At first I thought it was just like a big floating head, but then I noticed it had a body. This is probably legit because Serebii posted it (I kind of doubt that he would post something that had a less than 50% chance of being fake). I hope that we get a new Pokemon on Smash (or at least another one in addition to "Mewnew").

It's on the main page, because it's pretty well done, he japanese is accurate for once (because if it's fake, it's made by a japanese dude) and it was posted on a japanese board that's not 4chan. So there is no obvious guarantee it's fake, but there is absolutely no guarantee it's true either.

THe thing that makes me think it's fake, is why they went all the way doing a poster for the movie, just to change it a month after that.

Kariachi

Power Is Beautiful

Yes. That's what we do. We dig to far into this game, all greedily and deeply, and then once the inevitable Balrog-based legend eats us we all go 'I knew it!' like it means something.

Ver-mont

I don't think you really believe that.

There has never been a form exclusive to the anime, the movies are basically a hour-long event Pokémon / new form merchandising for the games.

rocky505

There was a form in the Manga that didn't appear in the games plus there was one in the anime. Zapmolcuno and Venastoise.

NeoDude-5000

Guys, on the movie site: www.pokemon-movie.jp/pokemon/long.php it shows Genesect and Mewtwo. Now below the Red Genesect shows its army (the Genesect's with drives), while below Mewtwo are 2 hexagons which could mean that Mewtwo's new form could more likely be real. And maybe a 3rd form to go on the 2nd hexagon (a man can speculate).

If the form is real, Pokemon has wowed us yet again.

So Game Freak what about a 3rd Kyurem form, one with Kyurem fused with both Reshiram and Zekrom?

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
There was a form in the Manga that didn't appear in the games plus there was one in the anime. Zapmolcuno and Venastoise.

The manga is unofficial, so it cannot be counted.

The anime one is an illusion made by a Gastly, so again it does not count.

Guys, on the movie site: www.pokemon-movie.jp/pokemon/long.php it shows Genesect and Mewtwo. Now below the Red Genesect shows its army (the Genesect's with drives), while below Mewtwo are 2 hexagons which could mean that Mewtwo's new form could more likely be real. And maybe a 3rd form to go on the 2nd hexagon (a man can speculate).

I already mentioned it a few hours ago, actually ;)

There's one thing that makes me wonder.....

I was looking at the movie's website when I stumble upon this

http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/pokemon/long.php

Isn't it odd that there are two empty hexagons under Mewtwo?

Their position seems to indicate that something is meant to be there....could this new form/forme be real? If yes, then what the other empty hexagon is for?

It is possible the two hexagons are meant to be for Mewtwo's normal form/forme and this new form/forme, so that you can toggle between both of them.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader

If the form is real, Pokemon has wowed us yet again.

So Game Freak what about a 3rd Kyurem form, one with Kyurem fused with both Reshiram and Zekrom?
You mean THE ORIGINAL DRAGON?!?!?! Because I would love to see that.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
If in fact the new Mewtwo form is legit, that opens up the possibility of other previous legendary Pokémon (and maybe even regular Pokémon) to get new forms this generation. That is just plain awesome. Not that I ever use legendaries, but I think it's a nifty idea. Although its not probable, I would love to see the legendary beasts get a new form each. I like the idea of them originally having been Vaporeon, Jolteon and Flareon, but maybe if they get a new form showing what they looked like before being revived by Ho-oh, it would make for an interesting story behind them getting new forms this gen. Even though its quite possible that the three were already Entei, Suicune and Raikou before dying, I think that it makes for a better story if they at least looked different, had different stats, or maybe even having another type alongside their primary types. Just a thought.

Maybe, but they should save some of those for future remakes to make them more interesting and worthwhile.

And both of those were 1st gen, long before the idea of forms were introduced.

True, but Mewtwo's inclusion in this movie is a pretty good indication that he was going to get a new form anyway. I guessed that he would as soon as he was revealed as the co-star.

And besides, just because Mewtwo has a new form, doesn't mean it has to be this one. This could easily be fake and Game Freak went with a different design.

Last edited:

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue

Err what? If a Pokemon appears in the Movies, it appears in the games.

rocky505

If the Mewtwo Form is legit, I could totally see Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza getting new forms in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.