• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

diakyu

Hasn't every form change kept the same eye color? Or am I remembering wrong? Because this one doesn't.

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
My guess is that it's an entire Pokemon made from Mew's DNA separate from Mewtwo, in the Pokemon website, it doesn't mention anything about it being Mewtwo, it just states that it shares many traits with Mewtwo and they're emphasis on it being a new Pokemon.

My guess is this has something too do with the games theme of DNA.

dman_dustin

As I said, it doesn't matter to me.

It will always be a different Pokemon for me, the only "forme" that I've ever felt that towards.

I really hope if it is a forme, it's not a conditional forme, like how Meloetta needs a move or Kyurem need Reshiram/Zekrom.

I want something like how Deoxys changes formes. Just expose Mewtwo to something and it changes into that, until you expose it to something else to return it back to normal.

No moves, nor other Pokemon, nor even hold items. Just straight up exposure.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
Actually, I just check the main web site. There saying its a new Pokemon not mewtwo's new form.

Where did I say that this new "thing" couldn't be a new Pokemon? I was clearly talking about White Kyurem and Black Kyurem...

>"The mysteries of Pokémon X and Pokémon Y continue to grow with the unveiling of a Pokémon that is strangely familiar! It looks a lot like the powerful Legendary Pokémon Mewtwo, but not quite the same…"

>"This new Pokémon shares many traits with Mewtwo, including a light-purple body and piercing, powerful eyes."

Where does it say that this is a brand new Pokemon? Or that it isn't a Mewtwo's forme? At this moment I think we don't have an answer.

gpt11

My guess is that it's an entire Pokemon made from Mew's DNA separate from Mewtwo, in the Pokemon website, it doesn't mention anything about it being Mewtwo, it just states that it shares many traits with Mewtwo and they're emphasis on it being a new Pokemon.

My guess is this has something too do with the games theme of DNA.

Maybe TR are going to return with a new Mew clone a better stronger version since the release of so many new pokemon

Akimoto-Kenta

F*ck Yeah! Seaking!
I dunno,.
I kinda think that this isn't Mewtwo. But like him another clone. MewZ or something :p
http://www.pokemon.com/pokemonxy/en-us/

just by reading the text on pokemon.com... It talks about Mew and the Origin of Mewtwo; A Pokemon Engeneered for Battle, and then A New Chapter Begins.
If he Mewtwo could change forms he would have done so long ago. (storywise),. So I think team Plasma is making their own Mew Clone, or even a Mewtwo clone.

Elementer

Sword&Element Master
I'm definitely not your typical RBY fanboy, but I have to admit, I'm really disappointed that this was the new announcement. I was just thinking that Mewtwo is pretty cool - 5 generations without a change, and yet it looks slick and powerful without being too physically imposing - and now it's changed...I mean, okay, the "Mewthree" version could have been worse, but I do think that such a change or a Pokemon was definitely not needed on an already amazing Pokemon design.

I don't like many of the designs in the 1st generation, and I certainly like a lot of the 6th generations I'm seeing right now, but this was really an unneeded change in an already really great Pokemon...I think that this design really only kind of lowers both Mewtwo and Mew's "uniqueness" factor...

LusterPurge

Victory Star
Well i was hoping for something completely new in the reveal, but I'm liking the new Pokemon, i think he looks good.

Personally i think it's not just a new forme or Mewtwo, but an actual new mew clone. There's a load of Pokemon lore surrounding mew and Mewtwo, as well as stuff about other mew experiments. with the movie surrounding another experiment i think this would be a good time to bring another mew clone into the games.

Also the video was a specific XY video. now they wouldn't have the video with a B&W2 logo, but if it was just a new forme for the movie then surely they would show movie clips, rather than game footage.

I believe we've got a Mew x on our hands here!

A new pokemon that looks just like the second one

Iris Mist

Hylian Princess
Actually, I just check the main web site. There saying its a new Pokemon not mewtwo's new form.

They're not really pointing out whether it's completely new, or a new form. Wonder what they mean when they say "not quite the same"

It looks a lot like the powerful Legendary Pokémon Mewtwo, but not quite the same…

This new Pokémon shares many traits with Mewtwo, including a light-purple body and piercing, powerful eyes.

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
They're not really pointing out whether it's completely new, or a new form. Wonder what they mean when they say "not quite the same"

Maybe they're hinting at that this new Pokemon is sort of like Mewtwo but isn't entirely. I'm thinking it's actually going to be weaker than Mewtwo, because of it looks a lot more akin the Mew in size and Mewtwo in appearance.

Sonicmfc

Looks to me as though we've got a female Mew experiment product on out hands. Just look at the official artwork: (Especially when compared to Mewtwo)

- Tail moved to hair to show long-haired style
- Bump around breast area
- Much more feminine body skeleton
- Much more pink (Fingers, toes and even the eyes are a much softer lighter colour)

dman_dustin

I dunno,.
I kinda think that this isn't Mewtwo. But like him another clone. MewZ or something :p
http://www.pokemon.com/pokemonxy/en-us/

just by reading the text on pokemon.com... It talks about Mew and the Origin of Mewtwo; A Pokemon Engeneered for Battle, and then A New Chapter Begins.
If he Mewtwo could change forms he would have done so long ago. (storywise),. So I think team Plasma is making their own Mew Clone, or even a Mewtwo clone.

No.

Because when it comes to new evolutions, it's because the Pokemon are exposed to something that were not previously exposed to.

So the argument that it should've done this a long time ago, doesn't work, because whatever method used to change formes, if this is what this is, was something Mewtwo did not have access to in Kanto, or wherever else has been. But 6th generation does have it.

Especially if it's some new form of radiation, or some technological reason.

It could be as simple another Mewtwo, signature move.

I mean your argument could be applied to Psystrike, but it's clearly not the case. Just like this potential new form.

Maybe they're hinting at that this new Pokemon is sort of like Mewtwo but isn't entirely. I'm thinking it's actually going to be weaker than Mewtwo, because of it looks a lot more akin the Mew in size and Mewtwo in appearance.

Kid Buu disagrees with this logic.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Do note that the official sites said similar things with Kyurem, stating it was a new Pokémon for quite a while before it was finally confirmed it was just a form change.

Plus, it replaces Mewtwo in the poster for Mewtwo's new movie. It's pretty clear it is Mewtwo

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
Looks to me as though we've got a female Mew experiment product on out hands. Just look at the official artwork: (Especially when compared to Mewtwo)

- Tail moved to hair to show long-haired style
- Bump around breast area
- Much more feminine body skeleton
- Much more pink (Fingers, toes and even the eyes are a much softer lighter colour)

Though, male Pokemon have a bump in the chestal region, like Lucario and Gallade IIRC. Anyways I'm thinking it's more lighter as it's a more younger version, or more of a prototype of a mew clone that they thought failed but didn't.

Regality

Digital King
It's called mewtwo's awakening, meaning he could awaken some hidden power leading to a new forme... They wouldn't make a new mew pokemon and have it sharing the spotlight with genesect and mewtwo, they'd most likely give it its own movie like they did with mewtwo... so yeah, I'd say it's most likely a new forme :)

I mean, imagine putting mewtwo in a movie with a mewthree, it's the grand return of mewtwo and it instantly gets outshone by a new mew? They'd never do that as it would annoy a hell of a lot of people

RVD_fan

Haven't gone through the thread, but is anyone else getting serious Frieza vibes from Mewtwo's new form?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
"Mewtwo's Awakening?"

Pokemon/Combustible Emblem crossover confirmed.

I could really see something along the lines of them calling this the "Perfect" form of Mew, since Mewtwo wasn't able to be controlled and Mew isn't a Pokemon that likes to fight with its gentle nature.

Reminds me of Ender's Game.

Status
Not open for further replies.