• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
Don't see it either.
Psychic/Fighting
Or pure Psychic is what I'd expect.
Then again same type nothing new besides stats is a bit redundant.

How would it be redundant? Isn't only Shaymin and Meloetta the only Pokemon that change type in the form switches (not sure about Kyurem)?
I see it being pure Psychic.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Psychic fighting would be cool wouldn't it only be weak to flying?
Also I am kind of hoping he is more defensive and uses stall mechanics

It would be weak to ghost and flying. Which sorta helps when fighting bug/dark types in a pinch.

alfonzomejia

Pokemon Veteran
Mewtwo fuses with Genesect in the new movie as Kyurem with Reshiram/Zekrom!!!
No new Mew clone.
Not a new pokemon.

senoel

Back from the abyss
I'm seeing a lot of good speculation here, especially around Mewthree/Newtwo. Mayhaps we should call it Newthree until we know what it is.

Deoxys911

SSBB: 5069-4586-5573
Maybe it's a little ironic, but I am not a fan of Formes anymore. With Deoxys it was awesome and novel, with Giratina I was like, "Oh, I guess that's pretty cool." With Shaymin I thought, "Eh, OK." With most Legendaries from Generation V getting Formes, however, I am completely over (and against) the idea of any more Formes. As much as I would like to think that this is "Mewthree," however, it looks grim. I can only assume that GAME FREAK and Creatures have decided to do the unthinkable: actually touch one of their most popular designs. What's next, a new Pikachu Forme? Of course this is unlikely, but if this thread has taught me anything, it's that "anything can happen," am I right? So I'm calling it; let it be known that Deoxys911 was the first to predict the new Pikachu Forme. As for Mewtwo Awakened Forme, I suppose it will help me deal with its existence when this exposure leads to the Mewtwo Formes' two-in-one playable character-status in the next Super Smash Bros. games!

Note: By "two-in-one" I mean in the tradition of Zelda/Sheik and Samus.
Note 2: Let it also be known that Deoxys911 was the first to predict the downfall of the franchise in the aftermath of the Pikachu alternate Forme's revelation.
Note 3: And if they drag Deoxys into this whole "let's add new versions of old Pokémon" craze and make something that I don't absolutely love, let it be known that I will single-handedly be responsible for the aforementioned downfall. LOLE

Bueno~

Brazilian Trainer
So, what do people expect and want from this guy? A Mewtwo new form or new Pokemon (aka Mewthree)?
I personally want it to be Mewthree.

Btw, who knew that Mewtwo would actually be revelant/important in this game? As he's the Genetic pokemon, many people speculated that, but it sounded too unlikely.

LusterPurge

Victory Star
Maybe it's a little ironic, but I am not a fan of Formes anymore. With Deoxys it was awesome and novel, with Giratina I was like, "Oh, I guess that's pretty cool." With Shaymin I thought, "Eh, OK." With most Legendaries from Generation V getting Formes, however, I am completely over (and against) the idea of any more Formes. As much as I would like to think that this is "Mewthree," however, it looks grim. I can only assume that GAME FREAK and Creatures have decided to do the unthinkable: actually touch one of their most popular designs. What's next, a new Pikachu Forme? Of course this is unlikely, but if this thread has taught me anything, it's that "anything can happen," am I right? So I'm calling it; let it be known that Deoxys911 was the first to predict the new Pikachu Forme. As for Mewtwo Awakened Forme, I suppose it will help me deal with its existence when this exposure leads to the Mewtwo Formes' two-in-one playable character-status in the next Super Smash Bros. games!

Note: By "two-in-one" I mean in the tradition of Zelda/Sheik and Samus.
Note 2: Let it also be known that Deoxys911 was the first to predict the downfall of the franchise in the aftermath of the Pikachu alternate Forme's revelation.
Note 3: And if they drag Deoxys into this whole "let's add new versions of old Pokémon" craze and make something that I don't absolutely love, let it be known that I will single-handedly be responsible for the aforementioned downfall. LOLE

It is kind of strange that they would touch Mewtwo after so long. And yes Mewtwo in SSB4. I thought with Gen 6 his return was less likely but since his new form was from Gen 6 it is more possible. A new form would certainly add to his character and differentiate him from Lucario.

spikyearedpichu

Dawn of the XY Era
but the only one that change type, when it change form was Shaymin for obvious reason...

So i think Mewtwo will change type when it / if changes form!!

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
Well there are more than one genesect. Why not have Mew be wild?

Those were simply Genesect forms, not seperate pokemon.

Like said before, it's just practically uncanny to take a sacred, untouched fairy legendary (or Legendary in general) and throw it into the wild as if there is simply no use to it. Hell, I don't even think that GF would make Mew simply a roaming pokemon. But the point is, once a Legendary has been given it's place in that gen., then don't expect it to be messed around with unless it's getting a new form (which has been a problem lately; we've got too many forms altogether).

I do hope we get an event mew in Gen V or VI.

Hm , now this I can see, seeing as how this new Mewtwo-esque pokemon, Mewtwo, and Genesect have been part of the spotlight lately. So why not have Mew be in there, too?

JD

Should stay a Psychic type.. just give it a small stat boost, and maybe some new move.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
but the only one that change type, when it change form was Shaymin for obvious reason...

So i think Mewtwo will change type when it / if changes form!!

The Rotom formes all change type.
Rotom (W) Water
Rotom (F) is Flying
Rotom (H) Fire
Rotom (R) Ice

dman_dustin

take a sacred, untouched fairy legendary (or Legendary in general) and throw it into the wild as if there is simply no use to it.

Sorry I believe that changed when Nintendo (or whoever decides Wi-Fi events) decided to mass hand out Mew for Heart Gold and Soul Silver through wifi.

GenesisHD

X and Y Dev
So this is the summary image
image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.