• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
so apperently the mewthing was called the "Eclair forme" in the movie poster. http://serebii.net/xy/pokemon.shtml

whats eclair forme ? >.<

Serebii posted on here a few pages back how "eclair" is French for Lightning, and I'm guessing it has something to do with the Forme gaining something with Speed.

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

Don't look here.
Eclair form reminds me of Final Fantasy XIII haha. Well I really hope Eclair has something to do with the new pokemon's name and not just a form for Mewtwo. Eclair form sounds ridiculously fast though. Could we have a new king of speed?

Also I just want to point something out. What if this new Mew is just something that was never supposed to happen? Kind o like an experiment gone wrong?

EliJolesy

how do you outspeed an extremespeed genesect? whip out your new mewtwo eclair,

To me this already pretty much confirms its a new form plus what people was saying about who Genesect "awakens" this new form. Makes sense to me, as much as I'd like this to be a new clone dripping with backstory.

shadow wolf

The one and only!
how do you outspeed an extremespeed genesect? whip out your new mewtwo eclair,

In all seriousness, you can't out speed extreme speed since it takes priority. I think the only way to out speed extreme speed is have greater speed than your opponent and use extreme speed as well.

The Head Honchkrow

We're talking about a video game. Full of little collectible monsters. Who fight each other. If you want to start trying to determine what "has a point" and what doesn't, you might as well start trying to count grains of sand at the beach.

Good news! In likely being a new forme, it's not actually taking up an additional Pokédex spot. One less complaint for you to squawk about. Not that anyone would be able to actually prove that a new critter lost a spot to something else.

Get over it. For your sake and ours. Mostly ours.

BCVM22, tell me, out of your 19000+ posts, just how many are not totally tearing people a new one?[/trollface]

...Nah, I'm just kiddin' bro! You're awesome! :D

Anyway, back on topic...
Eclair Forme, huh?
Would be cool if it turned out that this forme was Psychic/Electric.
I dunno about the whole "increased speed" theory.
I mean, regular Mewtwo is already pretty fast at 130 Spd, so an increase on top of that would be pretty redundant.

~The Head Honchkrow~

LavaPLUME

In all seriousness, you can't out speed extreme speed since it takes priority. I think the only way to out speed extreme speed is have greater speed than your opponent and use extreme speed as well.

kay. thanks for that then

anyways, i'm thinking this will be a mew fusion with mewtwo. kyurem was only able to fusion witht the other two because they were originally one to begin with. mewtwo and mew were technically one to begin with. is this making any sense??

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Éclair form, I like it! Gives me the impression that this thing will be fast and strike hard so I'm expecting a defense decrease of some sort.

SilverQuil

FireMohawk of DOOM
I was never a huge fan of Mewtwo's original design, but I think he's one of the coolest characters in Pokemon. I prefer the original Mewtwo's design to this new form/creature, but aesthetics are only skin deep. If Game Freak can come up with a great storyline to explain this thing's existence, it's all good. I wouldn't use it on one of my teams or anything, but it has potential.
Personally, I think there's one possibility about this that could be interesting to consider - who's to say that this thing is going to be a pure Psychic-type like our old buddies Mew and Mewtwo were? Out of all Gen. VI Pokemon revealed so far, only the Starters have had their Types revealed. For all we know, NewMew could be Psychic/something else. (Psychic/Electric seems to have already been speculated.)
Also, judging by the DNA picture in the Japanese logo for X and Y and now the appearance of NewMew, I'm guessing that the plotlines of Pokemon X and Y are going to involve the villains (maybe a return of Rocket or Plasma, but I think a new baddie for the new gen is more likely, possibly scattered remnants of old villainous Teams uniting to form a brand-new evil force) attempting to do something evil by manipulating Pokemon genetics. This would explain the new Breeding quirks, and it could explain the existence of any new Types that may or may not be added in Gen VI. How that would work in with the version mascots, I don't know. Maybe they're genetically altered too.
As for all the mindless fanboy/fangirl rage, that tends to happen at the beginning of every new gen. It's no big deal.

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
Is Eclair Forme localized? Or is it just the Japanese name? If it's not the English name, I wonder what the Forme would be called.

rocky505

Is Eclair Forme localized? Or is it just the Japanese name? If it's not the English name, I wonder what the Forme would be called.

I believe that is the Japanese name for it. But whenever they officially reveal the name they'll reveal the English one too.

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

Don't look here.
For the trio of legends this generation I would love to see it based on Angels or Demons. Maybe Valkyries? That would be really cool. Anyone think that would be awesome? There is lots of speculation that this gen's myth is centered around norse mythology so I think it could work.

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
I believe that is the Japanese name for it. But whenever they officially reveal the name they'll reveal the English one too.

What would you want the Forme to be called then? I'm kinda wanting something unique, like "Therian", but I want to know why they picked the name too (still don't know why they're Called Therian Formes for the Kami Trio...)

LavaPLUME

For the trio of legends this generation I would love to see it based on Angels or Demons. Maybe Valkyries? That would be really cool. Anyone think that would be awesome? There is lots of speculation that this gen's myth is centered around norse mythology so I think it could work.

now im thinking that with this new mew, we can expect that humans are still messing with pokemon, altering DNA such and such. (MANMADE). and we are introduced to those norse gods pokemon. sooo then im thinking there can be a clash of man against god. or just artificial versus natural

GenesisHD

X and Y Dev
Éclair translated means lightning.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
What would you want the Forme to be called then? I'm kinda wanting something unique, like "Therian", but I want to know why they picked the name too (still don't know why they're Called Therian Formes for the Kami Trio...)

Therian is derived from Therianthropy, or humans turning into animals. Essentially it's referring to the Kami's ability to change from humanoids to bestial forms.

EliJolesy

now im thinking that with this new mew, we can expect that humans are still messing with pokemon, altering DNA such and such. (MANMADE). and we are introduced to those norse gods pokemon. sooo then im thinking there can be a clash of man against god. or just artificial versus natural

^^^^ Best idea yet when looking at what we've got so far.

We've got these norse mythology and nature lovin' deer and bird thing. And then we've got genetically altered Pokemon. This generation is going everywhere in terms of legendaries. Its going every awesome, that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.