• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
...So, does anyone else wonder what Mewtwo's original forme will be called?

BurningWhiteKyurem

Thank Goodness the New Forme vs. New Pokemon debate is over. Not surprised that this ended up being a forme after all.

In doing so, it confirms that it replaces Mewtwo on the movie poster and confirms that it is in fact a new form of Mewtwo, with the poster explanation stating that Mewtwo has awakened and become its new shape.

^To all the people who said the title "Mewtwo's Awakening" was not a good enough evidence to assume that Mewtwo is the forme user.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
I think it will be called Perfect Forme Mewtwo or something along those lines. Something describing that it has achieved its, well, perfect forme.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Awakened Form, simple.

I think it will be called Perfect Forme Mewtwo or something along those lines. Something describing that it has achieved its, well, perfect forme.

I was referring to Gen I Mewtwo.

R_N makes a good point; it may not get a forme name. After all, Kyurem didn't. Although in Kyurem's case, its formes didn't really have traditional forme names to begin with.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
I was referring to Gen I Mewtwo.

R_N makes a good point; it may not get a forme notation. After all, Kyurem didn't. Although in Kyurem's case, its formes didn't really have traditional forme names to begin with.

I wasn't replying to you, I was just stating what I think the new forme will be called. I agree that I don't think original Mewtwo will get a forme notation.

R_N

Well that assumes this is his "Perfect" forme. We don't really know anything about why he turns into this, how, what he gets out of it, etc
All we know is he "awakens" to it. That could just mean his new stats are stronger, faster (eg: awakening == focused) in some areas weaker in others like most other formes or what.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Meh...i'll just have to wait till next month..there will be info..right?

BW pre-release news overload really started around May or June after it was announced January.
So probably, now with the Rumble U and Genesect movie put aside, they can finally dedicate the upcoming months for XY.

R_N

BW pre-release news overload really started around May or June after it was announced January.
So probably, now with the Rumble U and Genesect movie put aside, they can finally dedicate the upcoming months for XY.

The movie premieres in July, so May & June can easily devote more pages to it. Especially since more information about the forme is coming out on the 18th.

Thank god..while i am okay with waiting i honestly feel it's time to bring on the information..because we don't know anything about this game..i am not expected tons of info right away..i just want information on how the game plays..also i really hope they end the Slyveon Type Discussion by revealing Slyveon's type..

The movie premieres in July, so May & June can easily devote more pages to it. Especially since more information about the forme is coming out on the 18th.

True..but i don't think they will..especially because after the Mewtwo information..that is not really a lot of info left for the movie

Last edited by a moderator:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

I know. But CoroCoro usually dedicate an Anime, Game, TCG, and Movie section for Pokemon.
Now that the Rumble U is set aside, I think the Game section would now be dedicated to XY. Not unless they're going to announce another spin-off Pokemon game...

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
True..but i don't think they will..especially because after the Mewtwo information..that is not really a lot of info left for the movie

They'd still want to promote the movie though, and I don't really think we know that much about the movie apart from the fact that there are many Genesect and a Mewtwo which reawakens into a new forme. While I doubt they'd go reveal heaps of plot details about the film in CoroCoro before its release, they'd still want to devote at least some pages so as to continue to promote the movie. But movie news can always relate to game news, such as if they show any new Pokemon that might be in the movie (if that is the case) or reveal details about how and why Mewtwo changes forme, which would relate both to XY and the movie.

Steelia

forever.
Very~ happy to hear it's a Mewtwo forme. That means base Mewtwo will likely show up in Pokemon X & Y in some way. Hopefully he'll have a bigger-than-average role.

Courpse_Mew

Very~ happy to hear it's a Mewtwo forme. That means base Mewtwo will likely show up in Pokemon X & Y in some way. Hopefully he'll have a bigger-than-average role.

I feel the same. I might even watch this movie, even though I've given up on most of the recent ones. My only worry is in what this forme changes. I hope it is nothing unsavory.

Violent Red

Pretty gutted that it's a new forme.

Honestly I don't think they are handling this release well at all, compared to other game releases of other games.

They should be generating as much hype as possible, playing our hype levels like a piano, just like, for example, ArenaNet did with GW2.

The lead up to that game's release was beautifully orchestrated.

This means releasing information at optimum times, giving the audience just enough time to discuss to their heart's content a piece of information, before a climatic revealing of the information accompanied by something new to chew on for the next few weeks.

Instead, we are all still afraid of a Fire/Fighting Evo for the starter and everybody is sick of talking about whether the bubbles on Froakie's back are bubbles or clouds or whether he's Benjamin Franklin.

Over 2 months of no information AT ALL.

The revealing of Sylveon was great, but they should have revealed its type at the climax at hype. Instead the type debate is dragging on and on and on and on. It's rubbish. At this stage, I don't even care.

And now this Newtwo, Mewthree fiasco. In this example they have given the information needed promptly - BUT IT'S THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF WHAT THE MAJORITY WANTED TO HEAR.

I don't exactly dislike the new forme, it looks okay. But JUST LOOK AT THAT SIDE BY SIDE. The design of Origin Mewtwo is vastly superior. It didn't need a new form, it's design was TIMELESS.

At least if it was a new Pokemon altogether, it would lead to some good storylines, like, Mewthree was created and reacted like Mewtwo did, with rage. Only Mewtwo can stop Mewthree. It would have been a beautiful journey of self discovery, with Mewtwo teaching the lessons he has learnt during his encounters with Ash.

Meh.

For God's sake Nintendo/GameFreak sort this out.

You should be leading us all along the Hype Train, leaving a tantalising candy trail for us to follow, leading us closer and closer to the release.

Instead you are leading us in circles.

KKS-Lapras

Pretty gutted that it's a new forme.

Honestly I don't think they are handling this release well at all, compared to other game releases of other games.

They should be generating as much hype as possible, playing our hype levels like a piano, just like, for example, ArenaNet did with GW2.

The lead up to that game's release was beautifully orchestrated.

This means releasing information at optimum times, giving the audience just enough time to discuss to their heart's content a piece of information, before a climatic revealing of the information accompanied by something new to chew on for the next few weeks.

Instead, we are all still afraid of a Fire/Fighting Evo for the starter and everybody is sick of talking about whether the bubbles on Froakie's back are bubbles or clouds or whether he's Benjamin Franklin.

Over 2 months of no information AT ALL.

The revealing of Sylveon was great, but they should have revealed its type at the climax at hype. Instead the type debate is dragging on and on and on and on. It's rubbish. At this stage, I don't even care.

And now this Newtwo, Mewthree fiasco. In this example they have given the information needed promptly - BUT IT'S THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF WHAT THE MAJORITY WANTED TO HEAR.

I don't exactly dislike the new forme, it looks okay. But JUST LOOK AT THAT SIDE BY SIDE. The design of Origin Mewtwo is vastly superior. It didn't need a new form, it's design was TIMELESS.

At least if it was a new Pokemon altogether, it would lead to some good storylines, like, Mewthree was created and reacted like Mewtwo did, with rage. Only Mewtwo can stop Mewthree. It would have been a beautiful journey of self discovery, with Mewtwo teaching the lessons he has learnt during his encounters with Ash.

Meh.

For God's sake Nintendo/GameFreak sort this out.

You should be leading us all along the Hype Train, leaving a tantalising candy trail for us to follow, leading us closer and closer to the release.

Instead you are leading us in circles.

I didn't care whether it was a new Mewtwo Form, or a new Pokemon, I liked it either way. As to Sylveon, I wish that they would time things better period. When you reveal an aspect of the game, just reveal it, all of it's details at once. The piece-meal presentation thing is just irritating. There's at least 100 new Pokemon likely in this generation. Up to the game's release, they could all get a little focus, a batch at a time. Instead, we get this build up of very few, in pieces, over the course of the entire period leading up to the release. It's just dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.