• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikyearedpichu

Dawn of the XY Era
Smash! doesn't always reveal something, in fact they usually don't. CoroCoro is the one that usually releases the info.

Purrloin and Mewtwo new form says hi!!! xD (Well Purrloin was in the background of Smash! New scenery and Mewtwo new form was leak before revealing it was official...so never mind)

storm12

Weather Bearer
Considering the French/ European/ Norse feel to this gen, I would really love there to be some tarot based elements. Like the legendaries being based on tarots (Probably not all 22 of the Major Arcana though :O)

There is a lot of scope for this, as a start Yveltal and Xerneas could be the Devil and the Heirophant (A huge stretch I know :p)
The legendary trio could be the Sun (Psychic/Fire or Grass), Moon (Dark/Ice or Rock or Water) and Star(Fighting/Electric or loads of other things like pure Flying or Flying/Steel). Epic like, not just Solrock and Lunatone!

Maybe the World as a trio master: Ground/Grass or Normal/Ground.

The Fool could be the gen 6 Mew/ Celebi: a Normal/Dark type and #0 like Victini :O

Mutzaki

Master of All
We will likely be seeing around 13/14 legendaries this time around again, although I hope for more like 6-8, to be honest.

I'm a believer in that Xerneas will possibly be a newly speculated Light-type, and Yveltal a Sound-type. I think the jagged lines on Yveltal's underside are supposed to represent the vibrations of sound, and of course that Xerneas' colorful antlers represent visible light. I know that this has been discussed to death as it is, but I haven't noticed anyone else that has reflected over the pattern on Yveltal's bottom side.

storm12

Weather Bearer
We will likely be seeing around 13/14 legendaries this time around again, although I hope for more like 6-8, to be honest.

I'm a believer in that Xerneas will possibly be a newly speculated Light-type, and Yveltal a Sound-type. I think the jagged lines on Yveltal's underside are supposed to represent the vibrations of sound, and of course that Xerneas' colorful antlers represent visible light. I know that this has been discussed to death as it is, but I haven't noticed anyone else that has reflected over the pattern on Yveltal's bottom side.

I personally really like the Germ layer theory in relation to the DNA theory: with Xerneas representing neurons etc. and Yveltal representing muscle etc. It's pattern and colour could be vascular imagery. I think Yveltal has Dark/Flying all over him or maybe ghost. Xerneas as Light or Fairy to contrast it would be a good pair :)

Mutzaki

Master of All
I personally really like the Germ layer theory in relation to the DNA theory: with Xerneas representing neurons etc. and Yveltal representing muscle etc. It's pattern and colour could be vascular imagery. I think Yveltal has Dark/Flying all over him or maybe ghost. Xerneas as Light or Fairy to contrast it would be a good pair :)

I've never thought about that, but it does sound plausible. I also think Yveltal could just as well be Dark/Flying, and Xerneas could even be a typical Psychic-type. I'm not sure if I truly believe in the Light- and Sound-types, or if I just want them.
A Fairy-type would honestly disappoint me, though. It doesn't sound like something they could use very well for move typing, but depending on the translation of it, it could work well as a typing for Pokémon like Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Togepi and so forth.

storm12

Weather Bearer
I've never thought about that, but it does sound plausible. I also think Yveltal could just as well be Dark/Flying, and Xerneas could even be a typical Psychic-type. I'm not sure if I truly believe in the Light- and Sound-types, or if I just want them.
A Fairy-type would honestly disappoint me, though. It doesn't sound like something they could use very well for move typing, but depending on the translation of it, it could work well as a typing for Pokémon like Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Togepi and so forth.

Xerneas as Psychic/Electric- how EPIC would that type be!

I get what you mean- it is easier to imagine fairy type pokemon than moves. Though I really could see Xerneas as Fairy: honestly. I don't think Fairy type would have massive amount of moves to begin with- maybe certain moves could be retyped. I'm thinking: Wish, Refresh, Heal Pulse, Heart Swap, Natural Gift, Nature Power, Sing, Perish Song. Plus new stuff that is based around various aspects of spirits and fairies like maybe magical 'spirit' weapon attacks as physical moves and Holy based Special moves

RoySceptile

Bakaner
At least we know Yveltal's cry is awesome.
On topic, I've just stopped thinking about the types Xerneas and Yveltal could be; there are so many combinations that make sense.
Dark/Flying, Dragon/Dark etc

Can't wait to find out.

storm12

Weather Bearer
At least we know Yveltal's cry is awesome.
On topic, I've just stopped thinking about the types Xerneas and Yveltal could be; there are so many combinations that make sense.
Dark/Flying, Dragon/Dark etc

Can't wait to find out.

I'm really hoping we've gotten away from the Yugioh-esque obsession with big ol' dragons =P It certainly isn't impossible for Yveltal to be dragon type, but seeing it soaring the clouds in that trailer- the majesty and power of it: I think I've said before somewhere that it reminds me of that wyvern/dragon/bird out of Avatar that Jake Sulley tames, the 'last shadow' thing. It so warrants the 'Flying' type, it does it so well ;P

Xerneas is a right dark horse- well dark deer, well not so dark. It is pretty mysterious and cool :)

RoySceptile

Bakaner
Yeah; I'm actually debating which version to choose, since, for once, we're getting a legendary mascot which isn't like some sort of brute destroyer/draconic.
Probably going to go for Yveltal, though.

adamfitz

poké-lover
Yeah; I'm actually debating which version to choose, since, for once, we're getting a legendary mascot which isn't like some sort of brute destroyer/draconic.

Well
The minute I saw thew trailer I said xerneas and since then I know I will got for X
I also think that these are two if my favorite legendaries, very good designs!
Xerneas may well be my very favorite design
let's see what it can do now ;)

Mutzaki

Master of All
It would sort of kill the creativity if Yveltal ended up being Dark/Dragon. It's almost that I don't remember what it's like having an entire set of legendaries, where none of them is a Dragon-type.

Storm, you're making me question my previously certain choice of version with this talk about Yveltal. It's usually easy to pick version for me, but this time I don't know.

storm12

Weather Bearer

Init! I'm totally torn between them this time, but tbh, Xerneas has something awesome about it- Majesty, gravitas: What Reshiram was probably supposed to have, but I never really warmed to it (lol) I can't place it. Probably my suspicions of it's typing as Fairy. The antlers are way cool, the whole look tbh. But then there is Yveltal- who is cool too, but it's like they tried to hard there or something :p

RoySceptile

Bakaner
We'll just have to wait and see. I'll probably also base my choice on the version exclusives, if we get any info on that before release.
Still 5 months to go; plenty of time for everyone & anyone to change their minds a million times.

Elnava

The Successor!
I'm totally going for the majestic and awesome Xerneas :) I've already gotten X preordered

storm12

Weather Bearer
It would sort of kill the creativity if Yveltal ended up being Dark/Dragon. It's almost that I don't remember what it's like having an entire set of legendaries, where none of them is a Dragon-type.

Storm, you're making me question my previously certain choice of version with this talk about Yveltal. It's usually easy to pick version for me, but this time I don't know.

Totally agree- Dark/Dragon is so last generation :p and it does seem that every set seems to have at least two dragons since Gen 2 :L

though honestly, these designs gave me thrills man, absolutely EPIC. Best cover legendaries since Ho-OH and Lugia I say- maybe even better!

These two legendaries really highlight the creative drought that was generation 4- I mean look at the poor excuse for a trio- absolutely terrible- lack of creativity in their design; not necessarily their concept, but the execution is poor!! And Dialga and Palkia look like lumpy plasticine models compared to these guys: they have DYNAMISM; the illusion of movement- Yveltal flapping his wings like a boss; Xerneas leaping from ledge to ledge with all the grace and power of nature itself. I really have high hopes for the other legends this gen. I Really do

Yveltal MUST be Flying! Look at that beast! He's gotta have hurricane, tail wind, sky attack, air slash; the works! Let dragon type die already Gamefreak I'm sick of those scaly b*stards! Until Z that is: Dragon/Poison I reckon, though that is so cool too!

storm12

Weather Bearer
I'm totally going for the majestic and awesome Xerneas :) I've already gotten X preordered

Xerneas is sick! Who said Bambi can't kick ***?!

Mutzaki

Master of All
Totally agree- Dark/Dragon is so last generation :p and it does seem that every set seems to have at least two dragons since Gen 2 :L

though honestly, these designs gave me thrills man, absolutely EPIC. Best cover legendaries since Ho-OH and Lugia I say- maybe even better!

These two legendaries really highlight the creative drought that was generation 4- I mean look at the poor excuse for a trio- absolutely terrible- lack of creativity in their design; not necessarily their concept, but the execution is poor!! And Dialga and Palkia look like lumpy plasticine models compared to these guys: they have DYNAMISM; the illusion of movement- Yveltal flapping his wings like a boss; Xerneas leaping from ledge to ledge with all the grace and power of nature itself. I really have high hopes for the other legends this gen. I Really do

Yveltal MUST be Flying! Look at that beast! He's gotta have hurricane, tail wind, sky attack, air slash; the works! Let dragon type die already Gamefreak I'm sick of those scaly b*stards! Until Z that is: Dragon/Poison I reckon, though that is so cool too!

I agree, these are the best-looking cover legendaries since second generation.
And speaking of poison legendaries, it's the only type left that hasn't been a legendary (besides Arceus, of course), right? It'd be sick if they came up with a really good design for one this time around. I'm thinking something along the lines of a legendary that spreads disease.

storm12

Weather Bearer
I agree, these are the best-looking cover legendaries since second generation.
And speaking of poison legendaries, it's the only type left that hasn't been a legendary (besides Arceus, of course), right? It'd be sick if they came up with a really good design for one this time around. I'm thinking something along the lines of a legendary that spreads disease.

^ thanks for the agreement :) I think they are such a refreshing change from the constant bombardment of dragon/dinosaur/crayon drawing legendaries we've been getting. And they're SO different from each other too!

Certainly is- there is so much potential for a poison legendary: if this is DNA based generation or whatever, what if there is a mutant legendary with an ability sort of like Cofagrigus' called Plague Bearer or something, that passes toxic poison over and lowers defense of the opponent on contact!

The Norse theory gives a lot of credence to the third legendary being Poison or Poison/Dragon type and serpentine to form a Z ..... I will NOT be pleased with X2 and Y2 :p

storm12

Weather Bearer
I was just thinking about BST for Xerneas and Yveltal and I'm thinking 670

Xerneas-
HP: 100
ATK: 110
DEF: 110
SP.A: 120
SP.D: 140
SPE: 100

Yveltal-
HP: 110
ATK: 120
DEF: 100
SP.A: 110
SP.D: 100
SPE: 140

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
personally i was thinking that xerneas could be a rock/psychic type and yveltal a dark/flying type that way each pokemon can have somekind of an advantage over one another.

Status
Not open for further replies.