• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yveltal96

A little more human
We don't have to relied on corocoro anymore...smash could show us something...or even a direct nintendo video..and for the international players the main site cold be updated anytime! but I don't expect anymore legendaries mons being reveal until the released!!

I was just thinking about BST for Xerneas and Yveltal and I'm thinking 670

Xerneas-
HP: 100
ATK: 110
DEF: 110
SP.A: 120
SP.D: 140
SPE: 100

Yveltal-
HP: 110
ATK: 120
DEF: 100
SP.A: 110
SP.D: 100
SPE: 140

well considering the cover legends have had a BST of 680 for the past two gens (maybe longer i haven't checked) I think it's safe to say that will stay the same.
also I think Yveltal will be a defensive beast like lugia was

Phantom Wolf DX

Well I hope that the Final Event Pokemon will be the counter part of Arceus.

Where as Arceus is the Alpha, the beginning,
the Final Event Pokemon will be the Omega, the end.

Where as Arceus is a Normal type, with Fighting it's only weakness,
the Final Event Pokemon will be Poison/Dark, with Ground it's only weakness.

Where as Arceus has an Ability, that makes it change types,
the Final Event Pokemon has an Ability that can give it's opponents Status Ailments (imagine like Flame Body, Static, but than all Major Ailments and perhaps only a 10% change on inflicting it due to fysical contact).

The Final Event Pokemon will be the destroyer, huger than Wailord, probably blob like in Proportions.
Arceus might be able to battle it by changing into Ground, the blob offcourse has Water, Fighting and Absorbing moves (Giga Drain, Drain Punch)

And finally, the beast equals Arceus in strenght. It will also have 120 stats in every thing.

Where as Arceus is Zeus in Greek Mythology, the name of the beast will rever the end of days in Nors Mythology... Ragnorok (Ragnorega?)

Last edited:

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
But I don't if this is a theoretical guess. But would there be legendaries named after different scientific contributions done by French Scientists?

Think of Ampharos in Generation 2. That female scientist with the name Andre Marie Ampere comes to mind. Ampharos is an Electric type. Ampere's contribution belong in the field of electricity.

Could there be a legendary pokemon that might be inspired by Pierre and/or Marie Curie's scientific contribution? Or any other French scientists? If not legendary, a new pokemon?

rocky505

well considering the cover legends have had a BST of 680 for the past two gens (maybe longer i haven't checked) I think it's safe to say that will stay the same.

Lugia and Ho-Oh both had 680. The only legends that haven't are Suicune, Groudon, Kyogre and Kyurem(Who had higher than 680)

storm12

Weather Bearer

I was thinking along the lines of Kyogre and Groudon who have 670 and a third may have 680 like Rayquaza. As awesome as these legendaries look, they don't seem to be on the scale of (crayon creations) Dialga and Palkia, though it is a minimal difference of 10 stats.

Yveltal does look like it would be pretty bulky actually yeah- though the spread I gave them was probably a little too balanced- I reckon it would have higher HP and Defense and lower Sp.Def actually now, plus it would be really fast, something like this:

Yveltal-
HP: 110
ATK: 120
Def:130
SpA: 90
spD: 90
SPE: 140

then Xerneas could be:

HP: 90
ATK: 110
DEF: 90
SpA: 130
spD: 140
SPE: 120

WNDR

I highly doubt there is any relevance probably just a coincidence, but Chili's coat of arms features a Deer and a Condor. The truth is out there!

storm12

Weather Bearer
I highly doubt there is any relevance probably just a coincidence, but Chili's coat of arms features a Deer and a Condor. The truth is out there!

The truth is out there lol :)

Interesting though, I'm sure I've seen something on deviant that looks uncannily like a recreation of that coat of arms using Xerneas and Yveltal- but I'm not sure if that was the artist's intention or just a scary coincidence....

I just found it:

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/013/4/f/pokemon_logo_chileno_by_cariman-d5rcggj.jpg

It turns out it is a recreation of that!

T-Bolt

Electrifying.

Yeah, it's just a coincidence probably. Those two animals are the Andean Condor and the Huemul, a rare deer found in Chile.

WNDR

Yeah, it's just a coincidence probably. Those two animals are the Pampas deer and the Andean Condor, two animals found in Chile.

I didn't really see there being much in it, cool coincidence though!

Mutzaki

Master of All
Once again, who says there HAS to be a third legend? They could just pull a Ho-oh and Lugia

I would honestly love if they pulled back on the legendaries this time around. I haven't been out catching more than a few legendaries since generation III, because it's just too time-consuming and I feel nothing special about actually having caught a legendary anymore.
I wish they would stick to 6-8 and only keep the duo.

But that would never happen, because they make way too much money on the third cover legendary by giving it a whole new game.

LusterPurge

Victory Star
I would honestly love if they pulled back on the legendaries this time around. I haven't been out catching more than a few legendaries since generation III, because it's just too time-consuming and I feel nothing special about actually having caught a legendary anymore.

But that would never happen, because they make way too much money on the third cover legendary by giving it a whole new game.

I know. Thats the only reason they would keep doing these big trios. Smh

But fans have been comparing this early Generations like 1 and 2, so maybe GF keeps the trend even with the legendaries. Hopefully...

Yveltal96

A little more human
Once again, who says there HAS to be a third legend? They could just pull a Ho-oh and Lugia
no one says there has to be it's just speculation don't freak out here

you're right, they wouldn't pull the amount of legends for two reasons. 1) fan outrage. believe it or not, most people do not mind the amount of legendaries and actually really like them because they have backstories, and are well represented by mythology and interests many fans 2) more legendaries keeps the childrens' attention and keeps them interested in the game, bringing in new customers 3) MONEY MONEY MONEY
and it's really as simple as that. they're a business, they aren't going to cut back on their services unless they really need to (ie going bankrupt) which they aren't, so they wouldn't really. and even then, I think they would still be making money.

Mutzaki

Master of All
you're right, they wouldn't pull the amount of legends for two reasons. 1) fan outrage. believe it or not, most people do not mind the amount of legendaries and actually really like them because they have backstories, and are well represented by mythology and interests many fans 2) more legendaries keeps the childrens' attention and keeps them interested in the game, bringing in new customers 3) MONEY MONEY MONEY
and it's really as simple as that. they're a business, they aren't going to cut back on their services unless they really need to (ie going bankrupt) which they aren't, so they wouldn't really. and even then, I think they would still be making money.

Yeah, appealing to a new audience is what Pokémon does best. Especially with the anime, they basically just ignore the older audience. Although, by bringing Mewtwo back (DBZ form, but still), they do at least give something to the older fanbase. That's also why the remakes are so great, because they're blasts to the past for those that played the originals. 3rd gen remakes need to happen.

Yveltal96

A little more human
Yeah, appealing to a new audience is what Pokémon does best. Especially with the anime, they basically just ignore the older audience. Although, by bringing Mewtwo back (DBZ form, but still), they do at least give something to the older fanbase. That's also why the remakes are so great, because they're blasts to the past for those that played the originals. 3rd gen remakes need to happen.

I don't think they are ignoring the older fanbase, which is why they are starting to put some good backstories along with these newer legends, which is what appeals to the older fanbase.

BCVM22

But fans have been comparing this early Generations like 1 and 2, so maybe GF keeps the trend even with the legendaries. Hopefully...

That's a... tenuous comparison, at best, and an even flimsier reason to assume anything.

There was never anything markedly "special" about doing it at any point. If they include more than is to your taste, ignore the ones you don't like.

Once again, who says there HAS to be a third legend?

The three generations since?

I don't think they are ignoring the older fanbase

No, they pretty much are. The older fans aren't the driving force behind anything. They'll get a small bone thrown their way every now and again, but once you age out of the target demographic, you become far, far less of a concern.

Last edited:

Mutzaki

Master of All
There was never anything markedly "special" about doing it at any point. If they include more than is to your taste, ignore the ones you don't like.

I disagree. Back when there were a total of five legendaries, I was in awe whenever I faced them, and they were the coolest, most badass Pokémon in the game. With the second generation, it was the same thing. Then with the third generation, a lot more were added, but it was still cool. Now, though, the multitude of them make them seem less special. Sure, there are back stories to them, but they are so miniscule, it's more like they're meant to give you a heads up of their existence. I would like it if they at least broke the patterns already, so that we don't have the same sets of legendaries every game. We can already assume there's going to be two or three trios and a handful of event Pokémon.

I loved it in B/W when you fought N using either Reshiram or Zekrom. I would like more of that, when you get to fight with the legendary as a part of the story. The way it works now is just that you run around the region after the Elite Four, going through hours of fighting the legendaries over and over to catch them. More story implentation would give them more importance.

Regality

Digital King
That's a... tenuous comparison, at best, and an even flimsier reason to assume anything.

The three generations since?

No, they pretty much are. The older fans aren't the driving force behind anything. They'll get a small bone thrown their way every now and again, but once you age out of the target demographic, you become far, far less of a concern.

You're right, and they never break tradition!
Oh wait, they kinda do.
Just because previous generations have had it doesn't mean this one definitely will.
It makes it likely, sure, but not definite.

BCVM22

I disagree. Back when there were a total of five legendaries, I was in awe whenever I faced them, and they were the coolest, most badass Pokémon in the game. With the second generation, it was the same thing.

And that's great, but you know what all of that means, ultimately? That 10-15 years ago you were a young gamer, entranced by the fictional world and its conventions set before you. And that's fine - ostensibly, we all were to some degree, otherwise we wouldn't be posting here.

It does not, however, mean that there's objectively anything wrong with the increased numbers since. Couldn't someone make an argument on a similarly subjective basis as yours, to the tune of "well, Legendaries are awesome and I'm in awe whenever I face them and they were the coolest, most badass Pokémon in the game, so the more, the better!" and it would be just as valid?

You're right, and they never break tradition!
Oh wait, they kinda do.
Just because previous generations have had it doesn't mean this one definitely will.
It makes it likely, sure, but not definite.

"It COULD happen" is not an argument in and of itself. Otherwise why discuss anything? You can counter anything with "well the opposite COULD happen!" and it's not a strictly inaccurate statement as long it's not outright impossible. Doesn't equate to an actual counterargument.

Status
Not open for further replies.