• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JW1004

This gen will be interesting legendary wise, we have the two version mascots and the awakening Mewtwo , I wonder which other kind of legendaries will appear.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
People should stop fighting and be happy. Why? Wynaut?!

I hope the CoroCoro pages leaks today (though it will most likely leak tomorrow as usual). It's so annoying to not know if this New Type is real or not. D:

And I would like Xerneas much more if it was Fairy<3

Dreis

A new type would inject much needed freshness into a flailing franchise and perhaps reignite some form of success for Nintendo at a time they really need it.

BCVM22

The franchise isn't flailing, by any stretch, and their handheld efforts aren't what need the boost right now, and that's independent of whether anything is "in need of freshness", which one would imagine an entirely new pair of games will provide in a number of ways.

Label this as "pissy and negative" and/or "rain[ing] on someone" if you have to.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
I wouldn't say Pokémon need a New Type. I will be perfectly happy with the same ones we've always had. However, I personally, would find it very interesting, and fun, with a New Type or two (as long as they make sense). And I feel there are many things that may point to that Fairy Type lately. ^^ I will be very happy if it turns out to be true.

And as long as Xerneas isn't a Dragon...

@BCVM22
And I wouldn't say you're pissy or anything. A little stiff maybe (no offence), but I personally have no problem~

C.y.a.n

Ace Trainer
A new type would inject much needed freshness into a flailing franchise and perhaps reignite some form of success for Nintendo at a time they really need it.

Who ever said it was failing? It is the second best video game franchise behind mario, who releases like ten< games a year.

Does anyone think they might pull a victini and have another 000 entry legendary. I don't feel like it will happen but would like to see what others think.

Dreis

You are of course entitled to your own opinion. However i am not the one telling everyone else their opinions are wrong. I asked you a question you answered it that should have been the end of the conversation.

On Topic: New legendary pokemon will always be the main pulling point for a lot of players. Does it really matter how many there are? as long as they are appealing to the target audience.

Edit: I did not say it was failing, i said "flailing" maybe i should have used stagnating, it's all fine getting new games every two or three years but really other than new sprites nothing has really changed since they introduced Dark and Steel. A new type would refresh everything once again.

Last edited:

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
You are of course entitled to your own opinion. However i am not the one telling everyone else their opinions are wrong. I asked you a question you answered it that should have been the end of the conversation.

You are absolutely right. More people should read and understand that sentence.

Edit: I did not say it was failing, i said "flailing" maybe i should have used stagnating, it's all fine getting new games every two or three years but really other than new sprites nothing has really changed since they introduced Dark and Steel. A new type would refresh everything once again.

Hmm.. but, they have been introducing new mechanics every gen to change thing up. Though, one might argue that the new changes are still pretty predictable. So, yes a new type would be nice (but, only if it makes sense). Anyway, I get the feeling that gf are planning to shake things up this gen.

RoySceptile

Bakaner
Same; something about this game just feels... I lack the word to describe it.
Only thing I can say is that it feels completely different from any waiting I've done before for a Pokemon game.

Xerneas & Yveltal are the most interesting pair of mascots I've seen, too.

Cuddy

Cyndaquil Master
Looks like atleast Xerneas can change form, by the legs on the new scan. The legs looks like how a spider can walk.

Cuddy

Cyndaquil Master
It's just Xerneas bucking into the air, you can even see it's snout still.

It is the first time I ever see a deer buck like that into the air.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Serebii's new scan shows a closeup for a description of Xerneas. I wonder what it says. Would Yveltal have a description as well?

Edit: The first words say "Pokemon X". That's all I know. :/

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
物語 - Story
のカギをにぎる - Holds the key
重要なポケモン - Important Pokemon

Trust me. ;)

I know quite a bit of Nippongo.
I trust you. Yveltal probably says the same thing, but mirrored for Pokemon Y.

storm12

Weather Bearer
A speculative theory: Plan B if Fairy doesn't materialise

I've just had a little wobbly doubty thought about Xerneas' type based upon the (AMAZING) Box Art

- If Fairy (as of yet, still nowhere to be found- though the 19th brings hope) is just a myth ( =[ )
then I think it could be Grass/Electric. An as of yet unused dual type (Rotom shmotom) , I believe it draws in a lot of aspects of Xerneas' design and what we've been presented of it. It could be that Xerneas is a kind of energy/creation/ life and changing/growing things legendary and Yveltal as Ghost/Flying (though I feel more strongly for Dark/Flying, I don't know how to contrast it with Grass/Electric which throws my whole theory into question) could be a creature of (natural) destruction/end/death and unchanging things. It's power over Shadow and destructive Wind storms would oppose Xerneas' power of light(ning) and natural energies. Neither is 'good' or 'bad'- they are a neutral balancing act.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.