• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoySceptile

Bakaner
Just saying, the mascots' types don't have to contrast; look at Lugia-Ho-oh, Dialga-Palkia.

storm12

Weather Bearer
Just saying, the mascots' types don't have to contrast; look at Lugia-Ho-oh, Dialga-Palkia.

Meh :p Lugia's an honorary water type though ;] and Palkia's type is really gimmicky, considering it only really a play on pearls as being from the sea- I can't think of any other reason why a Space deity would control water . If anything it really looks Dragon/Psychic- and the Palkia and Dialga work more by both being dragon rather than having opposing types- oh and opposing concepts.

What do you think of my plan B though man? Grass/Electric and Ghost/Flying

Mystic Flygon

Meh :p Lugia's an honorary water type though ;] and Palkia's type is really gimmicky, considering it only really a play on pearls as being from the sea- I can't think of any other reason why a Space deity would control water . If anything it really looks Dragon/Psychic- and the Palkia and Dialga work more by both being dragon rather than having opposing types- oh and opposing concepts.

It's not just pearls and the ocean, it's a lot more in depth.

Water is life, all life on earth holds aquatic origins, life on earth (technically) came from space as single cell organisms. The ocean is vast and spacious... outer space is vast and spacious.

I agree that Palkia looks more like a psychic-type and that Lugia should have always been part water. But I'm fine with Palkia's water typing and I think it makes enough sense and has some educational value to it.

RoySceptile

Bakaner
On the topic of dragons, do you think we'll see the original dragon (Zekrom, Reshiram & Kyurem) this generation? When do you think?

If they do make a third legendary, and stuff is based of the Yggdrasil etc, I think the Nidhoggr-being has a high chance of being the original dragon.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
On the topic of dragons, do you think we'll see the original dragon (Zekrom, Reshiram & Kyurem) this generation? When do you think?

If they do make a third legendary, and stuff is based of the Yggdrasil etc, I think the Nidhoggr-being has a high chance of being the original dragon.

I would say no; the Unova dragons' story is probably finished.

Last edited:

BurningWhiteKyurem

How does it make sense to link a Taoist legend with (presumably) Nordic legend? Plus, the role the Original Dragon served is way too specific to even mesh well with what GameFreak is building for Karos' mythology.

Poetry

Dancing Mad

Most people think that the reasoning behind Palkia's type is because Dialga, Palkia and Giratina correspond to the three states of matter: solid, liquid and gas, amongst other reasons. You know, 'cos Creation Trio and states of matter making up the entire universe and science and crap.

RageMode

There hasn't been a ??? type pkmn so far...maybe Xerneas and Yveltal could be ??? type? (Which will bring about need for an ??? plate).

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
There hasn't been a ??? type pkmn so far...maybe Xerneas and Yveltal could be ??? type? (Which will bring about need for an ??? plate).

Seeming the ???-type was removed in Gen V... never gonna happen. It was never going to happen in the first place to be honest...

RzK

Meow
That is me! Lol!

Anyway I think we may see the true ReshiZekyurem as a picture or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.