• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kall El

..Silence..
Generation 5 wasn't "quickly paced". It lasted the same amount of time that Generations I and II did.

The number of Pokémon isn't a problem. There's no risk of them "getting stale" nor is the increasingly high number an issue. You are never truly required to name or catch all of them or do anything that would involve all soon-to-be-750-800-plus critters.

The short version is that most of your concerns are alarmist and unfounded. Relax. The franchise is in no danger for any reason.

Uhhh, what? Of course the 5th generation was quickly paced, in some degree.
It certainly was in comparison to 3rd/4th. I believe it was Masuda or someone along them lines who stated that Gen 5
was intended to be quicker. Added to the fact that Anime was also MUCH quicker then DP.
And yes the Anime does have bearings with the game since it's a marketing tool for the games.
If the Anime of said generation is shorter then one would assume the length of the generation is too.
Your reference to Generation 1 isn't that significant to me because they were the "first" generations.
That was along time ago and a lot has changed since.

The number of Pokemon isn't a problem? And who are you to say it isn't?
On what basis is it not a problem? Did I ever say it was a problem?
No. I merely said or tried to imply that it may be if they aren't cautious with their strategy.
Am I a nostalgic fan boy of some sorts? Of course not. I love the majority of 5th Gen mon's.
Do I think Gamefreak are losing creativity? That's utter trash. There are millions and billions of species and concepts for Gamefreak to explore.

My "concerns" as you put them are not alarmist or unfounded at all.
They're very much real. I'd love for Gamefreak to release 500 new mons in Gen 6th.
As crazy as that sounds I'm all for new mons and as much as possible.
However there is a limit and Gamefreak can't just release 150+. They need to be smart and realistic. Which they are.
I have no fears or concerns. It is merely my prediction for what I think Gamefreak will do based on the current affairs of Pokemon.

It's as simple as that. Though nice try buddy.

Edit: The "Gotta Catch Em All" Motto was dropped back in RSE so I was never referring to the catching them all. Perhaps I was being a little too aggressive with my point and maybe I have been overreacting. I just feel that GF need to plan smartly as to what, when and how they release future games/Pokemon.

Last edited:

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Let's not forget that the 5th generation was released on a dying system and Gamefreak wanted to release the 6th generation on the 3DS but was still in development. This generation wasn't even quick paced at all, the time span in Gen V was just a matter of wanting to advance to newer technology, doesn't mean the generation was so quick and by the time October hits, Gen V will be over 3 years long. Plus I think Gamefreak would have loved Unova on the 3DS but at that time they couldn't just stop in the middle of the Gen V development.

Last edited:

Kall El

..Silence..
Let's not forget that the 5th generation was released on a dying system and Gamefreak wanted to release the 6th generation on the 3DS but was still in development. This generation wasn't even quick paced at all, the time span in Gen V was just a matter of wanting to advance to newer technology, doesn't mean the generation was so quick and by the time October hits, Gen V will be over 3 years long. Plus I think Gamefreak would have loved Unova on the 3DS but at that time they couldn't just stop in the middle of the Gen V development.

Huh? It was still far quicker then 4th Gen.
I can't remember who it was but someone from GF stated that it was supposed to be quicker.
I guess you have a point in the sense that it wasn't that quick.
However the marketing/release of special legendaries was all so quick too.
Like many believe, the pace of Gen 5 was influenced by their target to get on to the 3DS as soon as.

Regality

Digital King
I always thought they had multiple teams working on multiple games..

mg13531

I think that X and Y are referring to the dimensions on a plane. Xerneas is a land animal and walks on the ground, representing a movement on the X axis. Yveltal is a flying animal and goes up and down by flapping its wings, representing a movement on the Y axis.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I think that X and Y are referring to the dimensions on a plane. Xerneas is a land animal and walks on the ground, representing a movement on the X axis. Yveltal is a flying animal and goes up and down by flapping its wings, representing a movement on the Y axis.
We kinda knew that just by looking at the first trailer long ago. Would be nice to see X and Y axis have a role in the games.

Yveltal96

A little more human
Generation V wasn't quickly paced someone's on crack or something >.>
Seriously, it was the same pace as any of the previous games. Maybe in your age your just getting better at getting through it. It's still the same length if not longer than most of their games. Also, this isn't exactly the thread to be discussing it.

NotChip

®™
As for the Black and White "fast pace" and "reboot", there should be a video explaining everything on the Nintendo Eshop. (Assuming it's still up - I can't seem to be able to get onto the Eshop at this moment to search for it).

*edit*

No one was referring to the length of the games themselves.

Yeah - that. Listen to everyone's favorite Metagross.

We kinda knew that just by looking at the first trailer long ago.

Not even that was needed. It's the first 3D Pokemon game and 2 games released so far are named X and Y. Going by GF's past actions, a third installment seems inevitable, that will be called Z to complete the 3 dimensions which is what both the game and console focus on. Actually, now that I think about it - there were no mentioning of the games at all prior to the first trailer, so it was indeed all down to that first trailer. In that case, the above quoted point still stands. :D

Last edited:

Regality

Digital King
As for the Black and White "fast pace" and "reboot", there should be a video explaining everything on the Nintendo Eshop. (Assuming it's still up - I can't seem to be able to get onto the Eshop at this moment to search for it).

Not even that was needed. It's the first 3D Pokemon game and 2 games released so far are named X and Y. Going by GF's past actions, a third installment seems inevitable, which will be called Z to complete the 3 dimensions.

Or XY and XX for male and female!
Or X2 and Y2 (Oh dear god)

XGallade

Not even that was needed. It's the first 3D Pokemon game and 2 games released so far are named X and Y. Going by GF's past actions, a third installment seems inevitable, which will be called Z to complete the 3 dimensions.

Or W and Z (like BW2) for the second pair of chromosomes. But hey, that's what speculation threads are for, right?

eevee186

eevee girl
i hope their is a 3rd installment and not a sequel like Black&White 2.
i completely agree, the only actual "sequel" i liked was gen II, Jhoto, and it wasn't even called a sequel.

XGallade

We'll probably end up with a Z-Legendary regardless of what the 3rd or second paired installments will be. The Yggdrasil mythos Xerneas and Yveltal are based on do feature a Serpent-like god living on top of the tree, iirc.

So it's going to be Z (and perhaps a second paired title, like BW2). But only time will tell.

Wish we could have a Bug/Dragon legendary. Or just a pokemon even. Flygon (it's a dragonfly. A big, fire breathing, sandstorm spawning one, but still a dragonfly!) and Haxorus (looking fairly mantis-like in the early blurry screenshots), but no actual Bug/Dragons yet. It would be an interesting combo to say the least. And I'm not saying this from a competitive point of view since, Bug/Dragon would probably gain more weakness than it would cover.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I rather choose sequels over third installments, in which are just literally the same thing with a few things tweaked and added while BW2 introduced an expanded storyline, new changes to the Gym leader rosters and didn't feel like a rehash of BW1, plus new characters and routes were introduced alongside too. As for this Z legendary, it's not like it's needed. Xerneas and Yveltal could just be a duo.

XGallade

As for this Z legendary, it's not like it's needed. Xerneas and Yveltal could just be a duo.

That's true enough. Maybe it's just striking me as odd we'd not have a Dragon-type main Legendary then, after DP and BW did it (and Emerald, to some extent), as Yveltal is very likely Dark/Flying (It COULD be Dark/Dragon but, eh.....)

....I just realized something.

The rumoured Fairy type is strong against Dragon, right?
Dark/Dragon for Yveltal and Fairy/Grass for Xerneas perhaps? Yveltal will likely be learning a ton of Flying moves judging by it's appearance, so it would balance it out a bit. Now I know what you're thinking: "But the tao trio wasn't balanced either!" - Yes, I know. But it could still work, considering purely type-wise, Fairy/Grass and Dark/Dragon ISN'T balanced.

adl222

I rather choose sequels over third installments, in which are just literally the same thing with a few things tweaked and added while BW2 introduced an expanded storyline, new changes to the Gym leader rosters and didn't feel like a rehash of BW1, plus new characters and routes were introduced alongside too. As for this Z legendary, it's not like it's needed. Xerneas and Yveltal could just be a duo.
the third installment always has those things, it is never a copy and paste of the previous two. i just felt like black&white2 were not really necessary two be two separate games. Specially since it intrudeced Kyurem fusions it would have been great if you could capture both Reshiram and Zekrom. idk that is just my opinion.

if its a duo thats fine too depends on the story.

Last edited:

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
They "could" be, sure. But Rayquaza, Giratina and Kyurem say they probably won't be.

Fair enough, considering this has been an ongoing pattern for three generation. I wouldn't mind another Mascot Trio legendary master at all.

And by this, will Fennekin evolve into another Fire/Fighting starter?

Status
Not open for further replies.