• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

eevee186

eevee girl
The rumoured Fairy type is strong against Dragon, right?
Dark/Dragon for Yveltal and Fairy/Grass for Xerneas perhaps? Yveltal will likely be learning a ton of Flying moves judging by it's appearance, so it would balance it out a bit. Now I know what you're thinking: "But the tao trio wasn't balanced either!" - Yes, I know. But it could still work, considering purely type-wise, Fairy/Grass and Dark/Dragon ISN'T balanced.
I've been hearing rumors that the fairy type was to counter the dark type...

XGallade

And by this, will Fennekin evolve into another Fire/Fighting starter?
Someone buy me a few torches, pitchforks and flight tickets to Game Freak's offices if that happens.

I just really can't see it happening with how feminine and very much quadrupedal Fennekin looks. But then again....-stares at Tepig going bipedal-

@above
Er, I can't remember hearing that. Wasn't it weak against poison, resistant to dragon and good against ice?

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Someone buy me a few torches, pitchforks and flight tickets to Game Freak's offices if that happens.

I just really can't see it happening with how feminine and very much quadrupedal Fennekin looks. But then again....-stares at Tepig going bipedal-

@above
Er, I can't remember hearing that. Wasn't it weak against poison, resistant to dragon and good against ice?

Awww but Fire/Fighting is a standard now.

As for Fairy, I don't think it was shown that it's strong against Ice and was only a misunderstanding by the fans since it could have been neutral damage though I might he wrong here.

eevee186

eevee girl
Awww but Fire/Fighting is a standard now.

As for Fairy, I don't think it was shown that it's strong against Ice and was only a misunderstanding by the fans since it could have been neutral damage though I might he wrong here.

screw fire/fighting!! how about we finally get a dragon, dark , or psychic for a second typing of a starter.

@xgallade :and i might be wrong about the rumor about the fairy type being strong against dark but its probably gonna be strong against dragon OR dark types

XGallade

Speaking of steel, we need a better Steel/Fire legendary. Heatran is a bit....disappointing, design-wise, imo.

NotChip

®™
I don't really mind what types the legendaries are, as long a we don't get more Psychic or Dragon ones. Unfortunately, I "somehow" don't see that to be the case. :(

Yveltal96

A little more human
Speaking of steel, we need a better Steel/Fire legendary. Heatran is a bit....disappointing, design-wise, imo.

I think his design is quite badass to be honest. I mean a lava monster that can climb on ceilings and ambush you? that's friggin awesome.
Also, he is among the best of top metagame Pokemon.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
screw fire/fighting!! how about we finally get a dragon, dark , or psychic for a second typing of a starter.

Dragon typing is hard to balance for starters so I don't see it happening, the other two I'd definitely like to see.

Design or not, it's an amazing Pokemon.

Eh, I just wish Heatran had more story and presence to it.

eevee186

eevee girl
Dragon typing is hard to balance for starters so I don't see it happening, the other two I'd definitely like to see.

I know dragon is unlikely but i like to dream big

Kall El

..Silence..
Heatran is amazing :3
Though I'd love to see another Fire/Steel mon utilising a completely different design/concept.
I'd rather it not be a legendary as it would seem a rip-off of Heatran.

XGallade

I mentioned Heatran for purely aesthetic purposes. I know he's amazing competitively, I just don't really like his design.

Wonder what our cute legendary will be this time?
We had Mew (no second type), Celebi (Grass), Jirachi (Steel), Manaphy (Water) and Victini (Fire).
Maybe a cute little Psychic/Electric type? It could even double as this gen's pikachu in a way, opening up a free spot in the dex for other pokemon :O

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I mentioned Heatran for purely aesthetic purposes. I know he's amazing competitively, I just don't really like his design.

Wonder what our cute legendary will be this time?
We had Mew (no second type), Celebi (Grass), Jirachi (Steel), Manaphy (Water) and Victini (Fire).
Maybe a cute little Psychic/Electric type? It could even double as this gen's pikachu in a way, opening up a free spot in the dex for other pokemon :O

Just wanna point out that Shaymin is the cute legendary of Gen 4.

Xernoblade

Live long & prosper
I think the closest we'll ever get to a Dragon-type starter is Charizard...
I hear Fennekin is going to be Fire/Psychic after evolving completely. It's interesting but I don't want that for two reasons- a)Victini would no longer have a unique type combo and b) Ninetales is as good as any Fire/Psychic fox.

XGallade

Just wanna point out that Shaymin is the cute legendary of Gen 4.

Both are valid candidates for the spot though. It's odd how manaphy wasn't Psychic/Water though. Gen IV is the odd one out with cute legends not being a psychic type.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I think the closest we'll ever get to a Dragon-type starter is Charizard...
I hear Fennekin is going to be Fire/Psychic after evolving completely. It's interesting but I don't want that for two reasons- a)Victini would no longer have a unique type combo and b) Ninetales is as good as any Fire/Psychic fox.

Zen Mode Darmanitan?

And would you rather, let's say go the Fire/Fighting route? Not to mention I think this post may have been for the starters thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.