• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
After seeing a lot of the game, like the gym leaders, E4, Champion, and around 30 new pokemon that have yet to be officially revealed, I've decided my time to go offline is now. I don't want to plan any of my team, apart from Froakie, Bulbasaur, and Torchic, and as much as I love seeing the leaks and hearing a lot about the game (and Skrelp..), I just don't want to ruin the game, like know where everything is. I only know about (location-wise): Vaniville Town, Aquacorde (or something along those lines), Santalune Forest, Santalune City, Lumiouse and Shalour. Once I have the game in-hand I have a 30 minute journey home by bus, so that will be my only time to view anything else, and check these forums as well. So next Saturday, or if I get bored of waiting I'll be back.

6 days to go. It's been great talking and discussing with you guys. Thanks for the journey, I'm sure I'll battle some of you!

Zygarde looks great, as do Skrelp's evo and Goodra. Planning to catch em all, I've always loved Dragon types, especially legendary ones! Z looks daunting though..

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
good that they have fewer legendary, as I do not use legendary pokemon and this will make people use non-legendary to fight.

You couldn't be more wrong, it will just force them into relying on the older generation of legends, and Xerneas for countering the Dragon-fillerd Ubers...

Just saw the leak regarding Zygarde. I think, by seeing this guy, he actually looks kind of neat. He has both the elements of a serpent and a shell-less slug, making it quite unique in terms of design.

For the rest, its noted he's a Dragon/Ground typing. Going to the myths of Norse Mythology about the World Serpent or even the dragon Nidhoggr that chews at the base of the World Tree Yggdrasil, this typing actually fits him. In other ways however, at the same time, the typing trolls Zygarde in that his types are completely useless to use against either Xerneas or Yveltal.

However, once more, it appears he trolls them back with his ability of Aura Break. The way the ability is described though, I think some people have mis-guessed its actual effect.

Aura Break:
(The effects of 'Aura' abilities are reversed)

Instead of reducing Fairy or Dark type moves, what if Zygarde's ability is about turning Xerneas and Yveltal's abilities against their own, weakening them, like decreasing the power of their respective Fairy and Dark-type moves? I mean, it says "reversed", and not anything like "negates moves" or such. He is the Order Pokémon after all. I could imagine this by having him weaken them greatly but without acutally doing that much damage. Perhaps its so great, that it reduces the powers of Xerneas and Yveltal to downright zero.

This might mean that any fairy or dark-type moves held by Xerneas and Yveltal become 0 BP, meaning that those moves won't do any damage against Zygarde, even if he was weak against Fairy. Of course, this is just a theory of mine. I could be completely wrong. IF this is true, then any Fairy type moves held by Xerneas or any Dark-type moves held by Yveltal become moves equal to the useless Splash move held by Magikarp, whenever its used against Zygarde.

As for moves, while its a Dragon/Ground typing, knowing about the new Dual-Type move system in the game, I wouldn't be too surprised if this guy had a Dual-Type signature move that does supereffective damage on both Fairy and Dark-Type Pokémon, like giving him a move that does both Poison/Electric damage, or Electric/Steel, etc, etc, etc. Since he's the Order Pokémon, this would make a lot of sense as he's keeping the balance. Also, in a way, the Ground typing is ironic: if his ability is truely what I say it is, this snake is effectively "grounding" them (pun intended), and the word "zero" could be a play on him representing the letter Z, if he's the letter Z (which I think he is).

Other than that, the only cons I can find so far, is that he could have been given a longer snake-like body, and that he has low stats, which seems to hint he will get a alternate form like Giratina or Kyurem did and thus be much stronger in the coming future.

Wow... Respectfully, do you know the meaning of 'reversing'? Dark and Fairy Aura add to the base power of all Dark and Fairy-type moves used on the field. Reversing that process is just a simple matter of deducting base power. It implies an action starting from the same point, in the opposite direction, with equal measure. +2 and -2. Not +2 and - infinity for example.

The dual-type move is interesting though. If it has a DTM consisting of Dragon/Ground, then it won't do any damage at all to both Xerneas and Yveltal, because both are immune to those types: Fairy to Dragon, and Flying to Ground. It would be gold in any other scenario - 4x effective on Dialga for example -, but ignored by its counterparts. Again reestablishing order, without overthrowing the bunch, like Rayquaza. If it does get a form, it will probably go all out and overthrow them though, I'd laugh if it went the Poison/Rock, or Poison/Ice-route.

Zygarde seems like a shell to me, I feel like something is hiding inside it, maybe a new form where something pops out from inside of it (true form) I don't know, it just looks like a costume to me, a nice one though.

I think there might be..

B. Thunder Tiger

You couldn't be more wrong, it will just force them into relying on the older generation of legends, and Xerneas for countering the Dragon-fillerd Ubers...

Wow... Respectfully, do you know the meaning of 'reversing'? Dark and Fairy Aura add to the base power of all Dark and Fairy-type moves used on the field. Reversing that process is just a simple matter of deducting base power. It implies an action starting from the same point, in the opposite direction, with equal measure. +2 and -2. Not +2 and - infinity for example.

The dual-type move is interesting though. If it has a DTM consisting of Dragon/Ground, then it won't do any damage at all to both Xerneas and Yveltal, because both are immune to those types: Fairy to Dragon, and Flying to Ground. It would be gold in any other scenario - 4x effective on Dialga for example -, but ignored by its counterparts. Again reestablishing order, without overthrowing the bunch, like Rayquaza. If it does get a form, it will probably go all out and overthrow them though, I'd laugh if it went the Poison/Rock, or Poison/Ice-route.

I think there might be..

I see, and yes, I agree with it. In my post a page back, I already admitted that Aura Break is most likely just reducing Dark and Fairy type moves powered by Fairy and Dark Aura respectively by a certain percentage, instead of what I just wrote, because that what you just quoted is very likely if not, completely off. Hence a theory. It most likely, again a big IF, when it gets a newer, stronger form, his ability might change or perhaps even become very OP in regards to Xerneas and Yveltal.

Mega Mewtwo Y's Base stats!
HP: 106
ATK: 150
DEF: 70
SpATK: 194
SpDEF: 120
Speed: 140

Base Stat Total of 780! OMG!

If I had to guess, Mega Mewtwo X will have the same stats except the Attack and Special Attack switched. And also the Defense and Special Defense.

Wow, is this true? It's gonne be overpowered as shiz lol.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
So I missed Zyrgarde's release, could someone please provide a link to the image? Or is it on the OP?

fitzy909

Just another guy

If I had to guess, Mega Mewtwo X will have the same stats except the Attack and Special Attack switched. And also the Defense and Special Defense.

That is ridiculous. That speed stat is huge and that sp. Atk could one shot a blissey! mewtwo was already good, but that is...insane.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
The Z legendary has the c-gear hexagon patterns on it, this could only mean one thing.

The c-gear was exposed to radiation.

shadowF

Does anyone know all the legendaries that are going to appear in pokemon x and y? was the articuno,zapdos,moltres rumor true?

Aleh

«Last Hope»

Oh my God, if that happens to mewtwo then imagine what could happen to Arceus with a mega evolution... shivers. Something like a "Creation form" with his 1000 arms and stuff like that and 800 base stat total.

BCVM22

Does anyone know all the legendaries that are going to appear in pokemon x and y?

Right now, the list is Xerneas (exclusive), Yveltal (exclusive), Zygarde, Mewtwo, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres (in what context and what exclusivity we don't know, aside from the fact that they're roaming).

Almost certainly there are event Legendaries awaiting us in the Pokédex after Zygarde, but we won't be privy to that information for some time.

shadowF

Right now, the list is Xerneas (exclusive), Yveltal (exclusive), Zygarde, Mewtwo, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres (in what context and what exclusivity we don't know, aside from the fact that they're roaming).

Almost certainly there are event Legendaries awaiting us in the Pokédex after Zygarde, but we won't be privy to that information for some time.

I feel latios will be in pokemon x and latias in pokemon y. The reason is beacause their names were trademarked to get a megaevolution so I feel that the chances are good.

landshaymin

Follow my lead.
The Z legendary has the c-gear hexagon patterns on it, this could only mean one thing.

The c-gear was exposed to radiation.
You're absolutely wrong.
It wasn't only one c gear, no, many c gears that were glued together and exposed I radiation. XD

I actually like its design. I would even call cute if that wouldn't sound strange.
But I'm not really sure if I would use it.

It was said almost all Pokémon would be available.
I wonder what that means for legendaries. I doubt all legendaries will be available but there could be some more hidden and we have to find them. Or there is nothing at all and GF laughs at us while we are searching

Last edited:

The_Nanobots

One of many

I did my own calculations of the base stats and this is what I got after I assumed that it had 0 EV's due to never being in battle, and ~15 IV's in each stat.

HP: 105
Attack: 150
Defense: 80
Sp.Attack: 200
Sp.Defense: 120
Speed: 145

lavanda

Really feeling it
It was said almost all Pokémon would be available.
I wonder what that means for legendaries. I doubt all legendaries will be available but there could be some more hidden and we have to find them. Or there is nothing at all and GF laughs at us while we are searching
This will probably be done via that Friend Safari thing.

dbApplejack

Whitney's Protege
Has anyone posted Xerneas' stats yet? I'm trying to avoid spoilers like the plague but would like to at least know Xerneas' stats.

freezer1

Ice-type Fanatic

Wow. They've really overcooked that one. So nothing other than a Pokemon that has high defenses and a MegaEvolution isn't going to stand a chance. Precisely what I had feared. Even a NVE isn't even that bad with a Sp.Att like that.

So here's my take on Zygarde, potential sequels, and 1 crazy hypothetical that might make sense

Zygarde is this gen's Giratina/Kyurem

Back when Diamond and Pearl came out we we're introduced to Dialga and Palkia. Later on we found Giratina and learned it was part of the Creation Trio. A year or 2 later we got Platinum version which gave Giratina a brand new form and more of a backstory.

Now in Gen 5 when Black and White came out, once again we got 2 more legendaries in Reshiram and Zekrom. And later on we found the third dragon Kyurem who was part of the trio but didn’t have much of a backstory. Fast forward to 2012 and we received Black 2 and White 2 which gave Kyurem more of a backstory and the ability to fuse with 1 of the 2 dragons to transform into either Black Kyurem or White-Kyruem.

Now here we are in Gen 6 with another similar situation. Xerneas the legendary of X and Yveltal the legendary of Y, with the third member Zygarde being obtainable in both. Now if we follow the same path as Gen 4 & 5, one of two things will happen either:

A) Zygarde will gain a new form similar to Giratina

OR (And here’s where my crazy idea comes in to play)

B) In the potential ZX/ ZY versions…(notice the Z is first to emphasize the fact that Zygarde will be the main focal point) Zygarde becomes the first Kalos Region pokemon to Mega-Evolve. And with ZX/ZY being potential sequels to X and Y respectively, Zygarde gains either Zygardnite X/ Zygardnite Y which allow it to mega evolve to a form that gives it a similar appearance to Xerneas and Yveltal. For example Zygardnite X would give Zygarde a color scheme similar to Xerneas, horns similar to Xerneas, and a potential Dragon/Fairy typing. Wheras Zygardnite Y would give Zygarde a color scheme siliar to Yveltal, wings (enabling it to fly) and a Dragon/Dark typing.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Wow. They've really overcooked that one. So nothing other than a Pokemon that has high defenses and a MegaEvolution isn't going to stand a chance. Precisely what I had feared. Even a NVE isn't even that bad with a Sp.Att like that.

It's a Mega Evolution of an Uber; what did you expect?

It's still weaker than Life Orb Mewtwo.

Status
Not open for further replies.