• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

freezer1

Ice-type Fanatic
It's a Mega Evolution of an Uber; what did you expect?

It's still weaker than Life Orb Mewtwo.

Yes, but I don't remember a Life Orb increasing a Pokemon's Defense, Sp.Def and Speed in the process. I expected more thought to be given than increasing all the stats of an already extremely powerful uber Pokemon, and for the game not to have hyperinflated Attack and Sp.Att stats, that's what I expect.

ebevan91

So we have seen nothing regarding the move sets of Xerneas/Yveltal?

I do know Zygarde knew Crunch, Earthquake, Camouflage, and Dragon Pulse.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Yes, but I don't remember a Life Orb increasing a Pokemon's Defense, Sp.Def and Speed in the process. I expected more thought to be given than increasing all the stats of an already extremely powerful uber Pokemon, and for the game not to have hyperinflated Attack and Sp.Att stats, that's what I expect.

Considering that it's the only Mega Evolution you're allowed to have, trading off the extra oomph that Life Orb Mewtwo provides for a bit more special bulk and survivability, immunity to Dark Void, and some extra Speed (frankly superfluous, since you're only outrunning like five more 'mons) seems pretty fair. Yes, the actual offensive scores are hyper-inflated, but not being able to boost with a regular item hurts its power.

THE ACE

playing the cards...
do you really believe in zygarde??? why don't people make videos... :(

Shraeder

It's Lit
Have Zygarde's base stats been calculated yet?

IMACHARIZARDGUY

Pokemon Master
so i heard it cancels out the other legendaries abilities, pretty neat.

It looks good, and its tall and heavy but i can't really see its eyes and if it has arms or what, but its a good looking legendary. Kind of reminds me of giratina only faceless and legless lol.

I like there only being 3 legendaries, hopefully that will mean they have a HUGE story

Also have the three birds been confirmed to appear, if so thats a shame, i kind of wanted Mew

the birds can be caught in nearly all the games

freezer1

Ice-type Fanatic
Back to the good old days with hardly any legendaries. (sorry that sentence sounded really pro-genwunner, I didn't mean it to be). Gen 1 had 4 legendaries, and it seems Gen 6 only has 3. The sheer number of legendaries being introduced in 5 and 6 sort of degraded their legendary status, which wasn't good, so I'm glad they've really cut back on that now.

FireEmblemAddict

運命なんか死人の言い訳だ
Back to the good old days with hardly any legendaries. (sorry that sentence sounded really pro-genwunner, I didn't mean it to be). Gen 1 had 4 legendaries, and it seems Gen 6 only has 3. The sheer number of legendaries being introduced in 5 and 6 sort of degraded their legendary status, which wasn't good, so I'm glad they've really cut back on that now.

You can't forget event legends. In these days of Wifi events, there are bound to be event legendaries that comes after Zygarde in the dex.

BurningWhiteKyurem

Tbh, the small amount of legendaries is a breath of fresh air. We won't have to worry about them not being "legendary."

Then again, it's annoying to hear fans complaining about lack of legendaries when they complained about it being too much in the past 2 gens.

Status
Not open for further replies.