• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griever789

Zygarde ability seems a bit situation, though it might increase in usefulness in future games if aura ability is given to non legendaries like drought and drizzle. Maybe if they intruduce a couple more minor aura abilities later.

Shraeder

It's Lit
Zygarde ability seems a bit situation, though it might increase in usefulness in future games if aura ability is given to non legendaries like drought and drizzle. Maybe if they intruduce a couple more minor aura abilities later.

Hopefully, its ability is semi-useless at this point.

TheDarkUmbreon

Tbh, the small amount of legendaries is a breath of fresh air. We won't have to worry about them not being "legendary."

Then again, it's annoying to hear fans complaining about lack of legendaries when they complained about it being too much in the past 2 gens.
I think every legendary should be available because it's the first game on 3ds and also no one complains about not getting there legenday

yuoke

Treasure huntin'

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Tbh, the small amount of legendaries is a breath of fresh air. We won't have to worry about them not being "legendary."

Well it certainly saves me Ultra Balls/Dusk Balls, but I heard that the Legendary Birds roam around post-Elite Four which might be problematic for me (I dislike roaming Legendaries).

Blummers

I agree completely with everyone saying the three legendary introductions are a good idea. Esspecially in the 5th Gen, there were so many Legendaries that it kind of defeated the purpose of them being Legendary other than being difficult to catch.

Of course, in saying this, we don't know if there's a wave of event only or distribution only legendaries that are going to be coming our way in the new batch of Pokemon yet. Unless I've missed it, in which case, disregard that last part. But I do hold hope that we're not getting brand new event legendaries. Nintendo are probably going to flog the Event Mega evolutions instead.

BCVM22

there were so many Legendaries that it kind of defeated the purpose of them being Legendary

There was never any "purpose" that can be ruined by a higher number of Legendaries. This is one of those things people like to say that doesn't actually mean anything.

But I do hold hope that we're not getting brand new event legendaries.

This is almost certainly not the case.

Cinza

Ominous Inquirer
so have any of the leakers caught Yveltal or Xerneas yet or shown where they're going to be located?

Blummers

There was never any "purpose" that can be ruined by a higher number of Legendaries. This is one of those things people like to say that doesn't actually mean anything.

I disagree. A legendary is there to promote myth and enhance the story within the game. Until Gen 3 I felt they had a nice balance, then gens 4 & 5 introduced so many of them I felt it diluted the influence and importance of a legendary.

BCVM22

then gens 4 & 5 introduced so many of them I felt it diluted the influence and importance of a legendary.

And if that's what you feel, fine. But that's subjective on your part. There's no objective baseline for how many Legendaries there "should" be or how much "influence and importance" a Legendary should have, so how can there possibly be an objective way to define "too many" or "just right" or whatever?

Last edited:

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I disagree. A legendary is there to promote myth and enhance the story within the game. Until Gen 3 I felt they had a nice balance, then gens 4 & 5 introduced so many of them I felt it diluted the influence and importance of a legendary.

What "influence and importance" did Gen IV and V lose with Legendaries due to numbers?

That is, if they even had it to begin with; the Birds were not referenced or anything and were just, there, Mew wasn't even known until later, Mewtwo is essentially a clone, what influence does that have?

Lugia rested on a tower until it fled, Ho-Oh rested on a tower until it roamed the skies, the beasts were just revived Pokémon, and Celebi is nothing more really than the protector of Ilex Forest with time-travelling capabilities.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst

Legendary figures don't count on number, but rather influence, backstory and character, that's why real world mythologies can have loads of mythological figures and not feel oversaturated. The legendaries of the past three generations did just that despite their number and ironically, the one that had the most "unnecessary" legendaries was the one with the least (or rather, second least now) with the birds being entirely irrelevant and Mew not having much to it either.

Number doesn't matter, it's what you make of those legends and mythologies.

Then again, it's annoying to hear fans complaining about lack of legendaries when they complained about it being too much in the past 2 gens.

It's ironic really, they got exactly what they wanted and now they're regretting it. Same with the "there's too many new Pokémon!" crowd, perfect example of "be careful what you wish for."

Last edited:

Cerex

Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde
I can't believe the birds are available, again! GameFreak is doing way too much to cater to the "Gen I is the best" complainers. At this point haven't the three of them been available like 3 times, Gen III, Gen IV, and now if I'm correct? If you honestly haven't captured them by now why would you even bother beyond filling the Pokemon, which any legendary (like a new undiscovered one) would do.

Is Moltres, Articuno, and Zapdos even that popular to begin with?

Don't get me wrong, I like them all, but I don't see the need for them in particular to be so abundantly available.

BCVM22

GameFreak is doing way too much to cater to the "Gen I is the best" complainers.

This isn't why anyone does anything. Particularly not them and not here.

At this point haven't the three of them been available like 3 times, Gen III, Gen IV, and now if I'm correct?

Well yes, but Generation III actually involved the Kanto template. Is that really a problem - that the birds were available in their home region? Likewise for their appearances in HG/SS, though I realize they roamed the Sinnoh of Platinum as well.

If you honestly haven't captured them by now why would you even bother beyond filling the Pokemon, which any legendary (like a new undiscovered one) would do.

What does one have to do with the other? As X/Y are currently an island unto themselves, why does it matter if you've captured them before or not? And this is also a great time to point out that every generation is someone's first, making their past appearances irrelevant.

Equally irrelevant. It isn't a popularity contest.

but I don't see the need for them in particular to be so abundantly available.

The beasts were found in FR/LG's Kanto, HG/SS's Johto (obviously) and were given away as shinies in an event. Haven't they largely been made just as available? Likewise for the Regis.

TheDarkUmbreon

I can't believe the birds are available, again! GameFreak is doing way too much to cater to the "Gen I is the best" complainers. At this point haven't the three of them been available like 3 times, Gen III, Gen IV, and now if I'm correct? If you honestly haven't captured them by now why would you even bother beyond filling the Pokemon, which any legendary (like a new undiscovered one) would do.

Don't get me wrong, I like them all, but I don't see the need for them in particular to be so abundantly available.
And know people will complain there is too much gen 1 and that's what is annoying because GF can't please every fan and some people can't see that

Status
Not open for further replies.