• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shraeder

It's Lit
I can't believe the birds are available, again! GameFreak is doing way too much to cater to the "Gen I is the best" complainers. At this point haven't the three of them been available like 3 times, Gen III, Gen IV, and now if I'm correct? If you honestly haven't captured them by now why would you even bother beyond filling the Pokemon, which any legendary (like a new undiscovered one) would do.

Is Moltres, Articuno, and Zapdos even that popular to begin with?

Don't get me wrong, I like them all, but I don't see the need for them in particular to be so abundantly available.

Completely agree. They've been in RBY, GSC, FRLG, Platinum, and HGSS. Instead they should've brought in the legendary dogs since they've only been in GSC and HGSS.

BCVM22

Instead they should've brought in the legendary dogs since they've only been in GSC and HGSS.

And FR/LG, and given out as a set of event shinies. Just about as many appearances.

And for some reason people are counting against the birds the appearances they made in their native region. Why? Why is any of this a problem, for that matter?

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
And know people will complain there is too much gen 1 and that's what is annoying because GF can't please every fan and some people can't see that

It seems like they are trying to please gen one fans or genwunners more than anyone this gen though. I guess after how it was pretty much the opposite gen 5, I could understand.

Shraeder

It's Lit
And FR/LG, and given out as a set of event shinies. Just about as many appearances.

And for some reason people are counting against the birds the appearances they made in their native region. Why? Why is any of this a problem, for that matter?

Because it's annoying to catch the same legendaries repeatedly rather than having something "new"(even though it'd be an older trio). They did appear in their native regions, but that still counts as an appearance. I wouldn't count the event dogs/beasts either since they were for HGSS... FRLG you could only catch 1 or 2 if you bought both games.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Completely agree. They've been in RBY, GSC, FRLG, Platinum, and HGSS. Instead they should've brought in the legendary dogs since they've only been in GSC and HGSS.

Well, the birds have been in 12/21 games (counting using the JP version of Gen I with RG, Blue, and Yellow), and the beasts have been in 7/17 games (not counting games released before their reveal) so they have approximately the same amount.

Additionally, and rather similarly, the Regi Trio has appeared in 6/14 games and the Lake Trio in 5/9 games.

Last edited:

Shraeder

It's Lit
Well, the birds have been in 12/21 games (counting using the JP version of Gen I with RG, Blue, and Yellow), and the beasts have been in 8/17 games (not counting games released before their reveal) so they have approximately the same amount.

It doesn't have to be the beasats, that was just a suggestion. I find it kind of ridiculous that the birds have been in over half the games.

BCVM22

Because it's annoying to catch the same legendaries repeatedly rather than having something "new"(even though it'd be an older trio).

So the problem isn't that it's a problem, it's that you personally would have preferred any trio but. Those are very different matters.

They should have had the muskateer trio as the roaming legendaries.

"Oh, but the Musketeers were just featured! Why give them the spotlight again so soon!"

It would have been the "wrong" decision regardless of which trio they included. People are unpleasable and unfortunately we're at the point in the cycle where people choose to blur personal preference and actual objectionable decision.

And also roaming deoxys.

No.

Monek_OP

bernie2016
Well, the birds have been in 12/21 games (counting using the JP version of Gen I with RG, Blue, and Yellow), and the beasts have been in 8/17 games (not counting games released before their reveal) so they have approximately the same amount.

Just because they didn't exist in generation I doesn't mean that they should be ignored in total availability. Using that logic, the Musketeers have appeared the most, with (including events) an appearance in 100% of their available games.

Last edited:

Chris-kun

i still believe
The Birds were one of the few legendaries not available in B2W2, imo, I'm happy to see them caught in this gen because that crosses off three more Pokemon I have to transfer up from Gen IV to complete the Pokedex

Shraeder

It's Lit
So the problem isn't that it's a problem, it's that you personally would have preferred any trio but. Those are very different matters.

It is a problem lol. I actually like the birds, I just don't think they should be available in this gen AGAIN. Like I said, it's ridiculous that they've been in over half the games.

BCVM22

Just because they didn't exist in generation I doesn't mean that they should be ignored in total availability.

Sure it does. How could they possibly have appeared in games in which they didn't exist, and why would you not take that into account in determing appearances vs. possibilities?

It is a problem lol. I actually like the birds, I just don't think they should be available in this gen AGAIN. Like I said, it's ridiculous that they've been in over half the games.

Game Freak chose one way and you would have chosen differently. In no way is that tantamount to a problematic decision. Again, people choose to blur the line between the two.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Just because they didn't exist in generation I doesn't mean that they should be ignored in total availability.

IMO, they should, due to the fact that if they are not yet existant, statistics would be off for the count of games they have been in due to it being natural for them to be in less games than their predecesors.

Shraeder

It's Lit
Also wanted to add that the birds have appeared in ~65% of the games while the beasts have been in less than 50%.

Monek_OP

bernie2016
IMO, they should, due to the fact that if they are not yet existant, statistics would be off for the count of games they have been in due to it being natural for them to be in less games than their predecesors.
Sure it does. How could they possibly have appeared in games in which they didn't exist, and why would you not take that into account in determing appearances vs. possibilities?

Using that logic, wouldn't the Musketeers be the most used, being in 100% of their available games?

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Using that logic, wouldn't the Musketeers be the most used, being in 100% of their available games?

Yes, hence why I discluded them, due to the statistics for them being more or less impossible to determine if only one Generation is given.

Also they now only have approx. 66.666% of appearance due to them not being confirmed of appearing in X or Y.

Finally, of the Swords of Justice, only 3/4 of the members would have appearance due to Keldeo not being able to be caught or In-Game without an external event or device.

Last edited:

BurningWhiteKyurem

It's ironic really, they got exactly what they wanted and now they're regretting it. Same with the "there's too many new Pokémon!" crowd, perfect example of "be careful what you wish for."

Agreed, people got what they wished for and now they realize it isn't as good as they thought it was.

freezer1

Ice-type Fanatic
What does one have to do with the other? As X/Y are currently an island unto themselves, why does it matter if you've captured them before or not? And this is also a great time to point out that every generation is someone's first, making their past appearances irrelevant.

Equally irrelevant. It isn't a popularity contest.

I think you'll find it is a popularity contest - look at MegaCharizard X and y for instance. And I think the legendary birds are extremely popular. Though you do make a good point which is that some people who have never played Pokemon will have the opportunity to catch the legendary birds from previous generations they have never played before.

Status
Not open for further replies.