• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries that aren't unique

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Well, about Shaymin. Isn't there like an island or something filled with Shaymin? I hadn't really gotten around to watch the movie yet, but from what I have gathered, there is a place where they live. It's what the Seabreak Path alludes to in the game, supposedly.

I feel at times they use the term "legendary" to refer to its rarity in the game. There are quite a few Pokemon that are considered "legendary" in the show but you can find them everywhere in the game

redcharzard

Semi-competitive
The lake trio their types and abilities (all levitate) leave my feeling like their all the same when in reality they have very different uses.

Melsurigan

Iron Fist of Despair
I find it odd that there would be more than one Zekrom or Reshiram. But since we've seen no less than three different canonical instances of them in different legends so far (games, movie, anime episode), with all them in different states in different locations, it's not farfetch'd to say that there's multiples of them. Either that or Arceus is bored and switches reality back and forth for shites and giggles.

Zelda_1224

Red the Master
The only REAL Pokemon is Arcanine because it says that in one of it's Dex entries( Not sure wich one, I think Fire Red?)

redcharzard

Semi-competitive
Same goes with the original regis

The regis had different types (although they did all get the same weakness to fighting) and while their movesets were close to identical (which trio doens't have most of the same moves in each set), they also played entirely different roles and got different advantages from different situations.

Regirock is a physical tank/attacker with good s.def and gets a 1.5x s.def boost in sandstorm. Sand storm also provides passive damage to all non-sand storm resistant types and while in sun it's water weakness is reduced.

Regice is a special attacker/tank that gets passive damage from hail to support it, as well as 100% accurate blizzards, while in rain its fire weakness is reduced.

Registell is a tank that works in trick room with a curse/gyro ball combo and specializes in stalling. It also gets passive damage in sand storm and loses it fire weakness in rain.

Phione is just a knock off of Manaphy who is way better.

Last edited:

xDWarrior

I've always considered Lucario legendary, or at least quasi-legendary. Why? It just always seemed that way before the 4th generation was released. I saw it on Serebii's main page, and the description implied legend to me. Now that's just my opinion, so nobody get on me for that please xD

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
There are some Pokemon that are extremely rare as a species (SHaymin, Celebi, Regis) but then there are only one Pokemon (Mew, Arceus, Zekrom)

Scaldaver

Limitless
There are several celebis, but what other pokemon can travel through time?

There is only one Celebi, but I think its time travelling abilities means it can exist as many times in the same time period as it wants. Same with Dialga (Just ignore the multiple time paradox implications. The Anime does not do justifiable time travels).

I like to think that Legendaries are one of a kind, though they are all called 'a - --' which implies more than one, and in the Jirachi Movie there appears to be a Groudon walking in Lava when it should be asleep, and in the Manaphy movie Kyogre appeared, when it too should have been snoozing in some trench.

The Phiones are stupid. They do nothing except act as a pokedex filler. I ignore it as a legendary, though I suppose no-one said it was.

Scaldaver

Limitless
Hang on, just realised that if all legendaries were unique, then there would be no Shiny legendaries... Makes you think, huh?

Qmaz246

Disney Trainer
Well, Shaymin looks like it could have evolved from any grass type. But the sky-form is more unique.

Honeyichigo

The manliest
Hang on, just realised that if all legendaries were unique, then there would be no Shiny legendaries... Makes you think, huh?

For some recent legendaries (Victini, Arceus, Reshiram, Zekrom, and I think a couple others) it's impossible to get a shiny legally, but the point still stands for the earlier ones. It's more likely this was an oversight, which is why even non-event legendaries are being restricted to non-shiny (Zekrom and Reshiram).

Scaldaver

Limitless
In Mystery Dungeon Time, there are loads of phione, in movie a whole field of Shaymin. How did legends like them form?
"ALL PAY TRIBUTE TO THE BRINGER OF FLOWERS AND THE FISH OF INFERTILITY! HUZAAAAH!!!!!!

TheEliteEmpoleon

In platinum, after you have captured Heatran, Regigas, and Cresselia, you can go to the battle tower and battle Palmer, and on your second battle with him he uses those three pokemon.

PsiOmega

An old soul
Y'know, Entei isn't very legendary. Several dex entries say that every time a volcano erupts, an Entei is born. Other dex entries say that every time Entei roars, a volcano erupts. So that means every time Entei roars, it unintentionally reproduces. So why isn't the world overrun by lava and Enteis?