• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendaries too much?

Sietse23

*Brainfarts*
I like how much legendaries r/s/e have: 3 "the same" legendaries (also in Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh and Unova)
2 Pokemon who "fits" with eachother.
3 100 stats legendary
4 extra legendary
5 3 strong legendaries (for the game.

I don't like the other extra shιt.

Most people who complain about legendaries are bad. When someone thinks articuno is overpowered you know they are scrubs that:
1.)Refuse to evolve a pokemon because it wouldn't be cute anymore
2.)Do not know about EVs,IVs,and the effect of natures.
3.)Don't use entry hazards,dual screens,wish support,etc.
4.) some combo of the three.

I use 2 legendaries on my team that aren't even uber and I have had plenty of bads complain about them and 99% of the time they have the characteristics I listed.

I like some of the legendaries to be honest, and it sounds weird but I'm warming up to Arceus as now recently. I usually prefer dainty, girly ones to offset the mainly looking god like ones. (which is why Palkia is a fav)

Missingno
Legendaries are ofter too powerful, but that's why we've got the banlist/uber. In game, if you want to use them, I don't care, I don't, haven't for a long while. If you battle me and you said you weren't going to use ubers or legendaries and you whip out your palkia, I'll get annoyed.

Mike Breezy

Legendaries..my..I love legendaries. Ever since Gen 3, I felt like Game Freak was actually getting somewhere. Hoenn had the creators of the sea, land, and a bad *** mother ****ing dragon to keep things in balance. Gen 4 had the creators of time, space, EVERYTHING, and a bad *** mother ****ing dragon that lives on the ****ing reverse side of our ****ing world. That is simply bad ***. Gen 4 had the colossal guy who was said to have carried the continents with ropes. Pretty legit if you ask me. We also had a pretty cool guy who goes around making people never waking up from their nightmares. Something almost scary..for a change. Gen 5, brought us yin and yang. Balance. That jank. The typings was all I liked. And the fact you fought the other mascot as the 2nd to last final battle. Now that was probably my favorite part about Black and White. But God..I really hate these Gen 5 legends. I wish they would have more of a story behind the legends..all of them. Too me..it seems every game tries to rush the concept..

cooldudeguy6

Mecha-mon Researcher
Well you see, in the "olden days" you caught a legendary, and bam, 20% of the game just felt complete to you (or more.) Seriously, the effort it took to get mewtwo? You felt LEGENDARY yourself! But now, its like they just hand you the legendaries. Take dialga for example, yes, you had to get rid of most of team galactic, make your way through that annoying mountain, and do those last battles. But after you actually got to fight dialga, it takes, what? Like 2-5 pokeballs to catch the things, in contrast to 200 pokeballs trying to catch mewtwo. Like pseudoman said before,
Honestly, the only problem that i have with some legendaries is that dragon typing is becoming the new norm.
I agree with this completely. Let me list all the dragon legendaries:
Rayquaza
Dialga
Palkia
Girantina
Reshiram
Zekrom
Kyurem (correct my spelling if necessary)
Arceus (if on dragon form, but doesnt really count)

I dont think I got all the dragon types, but i think I got most of them. Seriously, lets get some poison, ghost, grass, ect. legendaries out here!

cooldudeguy6

Mecha-mon Researcher
Its also really funny to think of it this way:

Your an 11 year old kid
You find a legendary pokemon that has the power to distort time
You catch it
And everyones okay with that?

Also, you have the pokemon who created the land and the sea
then the one that protects the world
you just shoved it into a ball...

Nice one, genius.

Some of the older ones are kind of lame, Mewtwo is awesome.
Zekrom and Reshiram look freaking sweet imo.

There should be legendary normal pokemon. I would love to see a bigger badder Charizard

Red100

I can see where people are talking about the legs only being dragon type recently, I personaly would like more dark steel fighting electrike and rock type legys. And ever scince generation 3 they focused more on how the pokemons plot to the story with the evil teams, and in generation 4 they started to make them more easy to encount as part of the story line, pokemon D&P's game play felt weird to me a little , but B&W is freaking awsome.
But all in all legys are awsome, they just need to make it a little more challenging to encounter and catch some of them, and stop with the dragon thing for a little bit, mabey make the legy dragon more of the secondary legy like shyamin, or something get what im sayin?

giritina'sshadow

Magicarp Breeder
I don't know if anyone has this feeling but when you catch a Legendary it's like you're finally Invincible and all, but after a while they don't seem so cool...

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I peronally love legendaries but I understand if some people think that they over bear a little too much

Hidden Power

I agree with many here that the number of legendaries in later generations is too high. Legendaries can popular among kids and their stats can make you feel invincible in-game, but it feels as if some were added as a obligatory gimmick rather than because the developers have a grand idea behind it. Trio, Trio, another Trio, yet another Trio (how about a different number, 4?) Gen IV had so many legendaries covering so many concepts, yet there isn't much impact (to me) since every pokemon is trying to steal the limelight. Time/Space/Anti-Matter + Knowledge/Emotion/Willpower + New/Full Moon + Sea guardian + Earth's Core. Seriously, the last few could have been a generation mascot on their own with the right pairing and ideas.

Sometimes, it's the quality and not the quantity that matters. It's not like Game Freak is going to end the franchise soon, so why rush with the ideas?

I wouldn't mind a few pokemon being introduced like how Magma, Electabuzz, Snorlax, Sudowoodo were in Gen I and II, though. They were part of the plot device or had some sort of storyline, and you only have a few chance to catch one, but now you can breed more.

Last edited:

jolteon27

Epic & Electric
meh, i think 1 or 2 epic legends per gen like mewtwo in gen1 would work

ebevan91

The only real gripe I have about legendary Pokemon is that they have all of these stupid event Pokemon, like Shaymin, Arceus, etc.

So in order to get them, I have to obtain them from someone who got them via action replay.

thatjeremykid

.Memento.Mori.
The only real gripe I have about legendary Pokemon is that they have all of these stupid event Pokemon, like Shaymin, Arceus, etc.

So in order to get them, I have to obtain them from someone who got them via action replay.

um, it is legitly possible to obtain ALL of them.

ebevan91

um, it is legitly possible to obtain ALL of them.

How so? I'm playing Platinum right now and I'd like to get those few legendaries like Darkrai, Arceus, Shaymin, etc.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
It seems like lots of people nowdays forget that Pokemon is intended for kids and we all know kids love legendary pkmn.
I agree, it's not Reshiram and Zekrom aren't overused by kids. Legendary's are just a bit more powerful status wise.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
How so? I'm playing Platinum right now and I'd like to get those few legendaries like Darkrai, Arceus, Shaymin, etc.

You can't get gen 4 events anymore unless you trade, to get any gen 5 event Pokemon just watch out for the event, and then, you know, participate in the event.

ebevan91

You can't get gen 4 events anymore unless you trade, to get any gen 5 event Pokemon just watch out for the event, and then, you know, participate in the event.

Yeah you can legitimately get one through trade, but the Pokemon was still an event Pokemon that not everyone can get.