• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Forces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terra Force

<-- Current Hunt
Also an easy place to get our clan battles done. So we will know where to go.

Ilane

So smogon sets are made for PO based programs.

There is no way I'm able to get a soilboil + double Edge Clefable...meaning I'm going to need to be creative.

Question: Are normal type moves even worth anything?! I mean...they are not super effective against anything and a few types resist them.

Last edited:

Ilane

Ninetails @ choice specs
Drought

Overheat (Hit and Run)
Flamethrower (If running is impossible...still gets powered up by STAB, Sun, Choice Specs, plus the 100 accuracy is a huge bonus)
Energy Ball
HP Dragon

What do you think of the HP Dragon? HP Fighting would lower speed IV...and I want her to at least spd tie with other base 100s.

Ilane

Actually HP Ice is fine...
Basically looking to take out other weather pokemon with that set.
Hail - Fire
Water - Grass
Sand - Grass
HP Ice would provide nice coverage.

Wigglytuff into an HO pokemon...completely outclassed by Clefable.

Last edited:

Ilane

So wiggly ended up as a cleric for my HO sweepers. Though question...cute charm or frisk (dw)?

I'm leaning towards frisk. Wiggly will be female...if that matters at all.

...what are the BL and BL2 tier. I'm looking at a quiver dance baton pass venomoth set, but he's listed as a BL2 tier.

Last edited:

Terra Force

<-- Current Hunt
Well they're not actual tiers. They are between tiers, meaning they aren't really good enough to perform well in the above tier, but are too good for the below tier. So basically for BL, which is between OU and UU, you can't use it in UU or below, meaning it's basically OU. I think BL2 is between UU and RU.

Oh and btw, Venemoth is the best sweeper ever. Screw BP, go Sleep powder, Tinted Lens, QD, Bug Buzz, and HP Ground/something else.

Ilane

Well they're not actual tiers. They are between tiers, meaning they aren't really good enough to perform well in the above tier, but are too good for the below tier. So basically for BL, which is between OU and UU, you can't use it in UU or below, meaning it's basically OU. I think BL2 is between UU and RU.

Oh and btw, Venemoth is the best sweeper ever. Screw BP, go Sleep powder, Tinted Lens, QD, Bug Buzz, and HP Ground/something else.

So venomoth is basically UU...good to know.

I have a butterfree set up similar with tinted lens, sleep powder, quiver dance, bug buzz, substitute.

Also yenmega is supposedly like venomoth in that respect...as a sweeper with tinted lens. So BP makes venomoth unique.

Honestly, I prefer HO style...but QD that can be BP would be a major advantage for another sweeper too.

Might give the sweeper venomoth HP Ice...for some reason I'm really partial to ice type moves.

Last edited:

Terra Force

<-- Current Hunt
Well I always found baton pass as very gimmicky. Also yanmega doesn't have access to QD and is better used with speed boost in my opinion. Plus venemoth doesn't have a *4 weakness to Stealth Rock

Ilane

Ohhh...this is true.

Venomoth @ Life Orb
Sleep Powder
Quiver Dance
Bug Buzz
HP ???

What as good snergy with bug type moves? Psychic maybe?

Ground was an option, but it leaves Venomoth completely helpless against Flying Types.

Last edited:

Sheps™

Tick,Tick,Tick....
I usually use Psychic or HP fire depending on the team.

Also, about how you were discussing Pidgeot a little bit ago, somebody used a CB U-turner against me in a TMP battle today, even in NU it seemed to lack power.

Last edited:

Ilane

Looks like psychic has neutral coverage given tinted lens and bug buzz will cover any dark types. So maybe psychic would be better.

Pidgeot only has an 80 base Atk stat. I decided to go with a work up set that contains
work up
brave bird
HP grass
roost

I'm willing to change roost...but give work up might be best to have a decently reliable recovery move.

Let me know if anyone is getting sick of my posts containing random sets...I'm basically running down the list of pokemon and trying to find decent HO or HO supporting sets. HO preferable...

Last edited:

Sheps™

Tick,Tick,Tick....
A Hyper offense set? Ive got something for ya, especially for the lower tiers.

Spiritomb@Choice Band
Pressure I think?

-Shadow Sneak
-Trick
-Sucker Punch
-Foul Play

+Atk and SPe

This thing could be a great priority user for an HO team. 2 different Priority stabs and no weaknesses. Tested and works wonders

Edit: HP*

Last edited:

Ilane

Ohhh...interesting. And with his sucky speed...the priority will massively help him.

I'll add that right now, THANKS!...though LOL I'm still in generation I :D.

REVENGE KILLER
Dugtrio @ life orb
Arena Trap

Earthquake
Stone Edge
Pursuit (Anything that doesn't get trapped by arena trap and tries to switch out!)
Sucker Punch (Priority)

Last edited:

Sheps™

Tick,Tick,Tick....
Ohhh...interesting. And with his sucky speed...the priority will massively help him.

I'll add that right now, THANKS!...though LOL I'm still in generation I :D.

REVENGE KILLER
Dugtrio @ life orb

Earthquake
Stone Edge
Pursuit (Anything that doesn't get trapped by arena trap and tries to switch out!)
Sucker Punch (Priority)

If it can escape, odds are it would rather stay in, since flying and levitators won't be effected by Dug's stab. You probably want reversal
Arena Trap

Status
Not open for further replies.