1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Legendary Pokémon confirmed in Pokémon GO

Discussion in 'Pokemon GO Discussion' started by bobandbill, Jul 20, 2017.

1. bobandbill

bobandbill Winning Smile Staff Member Super Mod

Legendary Pokémon confirmed in Pokémon GO

[video=youtube;bvSe6pMvUjM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvSe6pMvUjM[/video]

Official website: http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/legendarypokemon
    Couple extra notes from video: https://daily.pokecommunity.com/2017/07/20/legendary-pokemon-confirmed-in-pokemon-go/
    Hype!

2. roule

roule nkpop expert

had a feeling legends would be tied into raid battles.

this looks really neat, though!

3. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

That trailer was as great as the original one from a year and a half ago. That was exciting just to watch.

So now it's just a matter of how hard/easy it will be to get these Legendaries. It is of course a balancing act, as they are Legendary Pokémon, so they shouldn't be easy to obtain, but in a game like Go, if you make it too hard, you're suddenly locking out countless players from getting their Legendary Pokémon. I'm more afraid of it being too hard than too easy.

There's also the question of if these will be anything like the high level raids we already have, and require large amounts of players to defeat. In my small town, the most I've ever had in one raid was four players for a level four raid, and we still failed. I strongly hope that players like me don't get locked out of Legendaries for not having enough players in the area.

4. Vipsoccermaster

Vipsoccermaster Well-Known Member

Looks like I won't ever get a Legendary, because every raid I've either completed or attempted have been only myself and rarely one other player or two, max so far. It sucks not knowing how many people are in the raid until you use the raid pass to get in. And even then, with their high CP, taking it solo is impossible and my Pokémon are not fit to take them all. I don't evolve or power up my Pokémon at all.

5. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

There is some good news for people like us. Judging by the trailer, Legendary raids will have a two day countdown, so if people play in your area, they'll almost certainly be there when the countdown hits zero. Of course, that's assuming there are other active players in your area.

Okay, I only power up my favorite Pokémon, so I can understand not powering up, but why don't you evolve? Don't you want to collect as many species as possible? And in all honesty, if this is the reason you think you won't be able to handle Legendary raids, it is an easily remedied problem.

6. Vipsoccermaster

Yes, I do want to try to collect as many species as possible, but you can still find and catch evolved Pokémon out in the wild, so it makes evolving redundant and a better way to conserve candy.

7. Cometstarlight

Cometstarlight What do I do now?

I had a very similar thought when I saw the trailer. Every raid I've ever faced has either been alone, or with my mom. 1 and 2 star gyms are easy enough to solo, 3 star gyms are doable, especially if there's another player, but 4 star are completely out of our reach. In light of this information, I joined a group on facebook for GO players in my area. That and the 48 hour notification is pretty nice too. I would LOVE a Lugia (one of my favorites since childhood), but I'd be happy to have any of them.

8. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

True, but it's next to impossible to find most of them. I've completed my regional Kanto dex and nearly completed the Johto one, but there's no way I'd be anywhere close if I didn't evolve things. And what does conserving candy matter if you don't evolve or power up? Those are the only two things you can do with candy.

9. Vipsoccermaster

Yeah... I really have no chance whatsoever to get any of the Legendaries, even the Kanto birds.

Articuno: Saturday, July 22, 2017 - Monday, July 31, 2017
    Moltres: Monday, July 31, 2017 - Monday, August 7, 2017
    Zapdos: Monday, August 7, 2017 - Monday, August 14, 2017

Absolutely no chance of me getting Moltres as I'm on vacation during that time except for the last two days. Then again, I won't be getting any of them because I don't see anyone playing the game anymore around where I live, and as I said earlier, I don't have good powerhouses against them, nor do I spend candy nor stardust.

10. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

I'm currently working under the assumption that they'll begin rotating the birds on a weekly schedule, and this is just the first rotation. There's no indication that Lugia is going anywhere, and we still have plenty of Legendary Pokémon left, so Legendary Raids won't be going anywhere any time soon. Maybe they'll do a six week rotation and throw the Legendary Beasts in too, but the Legendary Birds will certainly be back in a reasonable amount of time.

11. i2i

i2i Big Bad Wolf

I'm very fortunate that where I live we have enough Go players for battling and defeating Legendary Pokemon raids but we also been using discord to alert and organize the raid battles. And thanks to all that I've been able to get all the legendary Pokemon release so far.