• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokémon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
We finally have a proper look on the mysterious Pokemon. Though it's blurry.
Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0Y98B2SFMM

Whether it's actually Zygarde, related to Zygarde, or a completely unrelated Pokemon, we still don't know.

I said it in the other threads, so I guess I'll say it here too. At this point I'm leaning away the theory that this thing is related to Zygarde. Nothing about this thing's design seems to infer Zygarde except for being green, and any Pokemon could be green. It was to be related to Zygarde, I would think that they would link it more visually.

Mokepon22

We finally have a proper look on the mysterious Pokemon. Though it's blurry.
Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0Y98B2SFMM

Whether it's actually Zygarde, related to Zygarde, or a completely unrelated Pokemon, we still don't know.

...so after that green text transition that is the same as the battle screen when you first battle Zygarde as well as the glowing white hexagons on the giant's body do people still think that's some Kyurem forme?

Calling it from now, the Gen VII equivalent of Zorua that will hopefully be part of a 3 staged evolution, maybe the psuedo-legendary of Gen VII

I said it in the other threads, so I guess I'll say it here too. At this point I'm leaning away the theory that this thing is related to Zygarde. Nothing about this thing's design seems to infer Zygarde except for being green, and any Pokemon could be green. It was to be related to Zygarde, I would think that they would link it more visually.

That's what I'm thinking, if it had even one glowing hexagon then I'd say Zygarde, it even has a red belly and back and Zygarde currently doesn't have anything red

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
It may have to do with a 'zygote', which Zygarde is named after, but since the image is blurry, we may not know the full details.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
That's what I'm thinking, if it had even one glowing hexagon then I'd say Zygarde, it even has a red belly and back and Zygarde currently doesn't have anything red

It could still be related to Zygarde in my opinion even if it doesn't look exactly like it.

Missingno.Fan

I wish that it was a new Gen VII Pokemon but I doubt that. It doesn't look like anything that would be related to Zygarde unless it is like an unborn Zygarde fetus. Jk

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
I mentioned this on another forum, but I think it's basically the first early-bird cameo with no relevance to anything bar marketability.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
That blob pokemon doesn't seem to look connected with Zygarde in my opinion. Anyway, I only liked the 3rd gen legends in the game. Lugia/Ho-oh are okay and Regigigas makes sense. The rest of the legendarys were just jammed in so that we can complete our pokedex and I am still not happy about that.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
spot on sketch, it looks almost like these images. I'm almost certain it's related to zygarde. And with all the new ways GF goes to improve old pokemon, i think this is something new, not a mega evolution, not a primal reversion, but something completely different. Good job GF, way to bring the hype back even without any new main games announced.

NotABeginningTrainer

I actually think those things are two alternate forms to Zygarde. One will get Thousand Waves and one will get Thousand Arrows. Sounds tinfoil even to me, but it's what I'm going with for now.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I actually think those things are two alternate forms to Zygarde. One will get Thousand Waves and one will get Thousand Arrows. Sounds tinfoil even to me, but it's what I'm going with for now.

My problem with saying that the blob is straight up form of Zygarde, is that there's no way it could be taken seriously as a form of a Legendary Pokemon. As I've said before, I lean away from it being related to Zygarde at all, but if it is, and I can see why it might be, there's no way it, the way it is now, is a form.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
My problem with saying that the blob is straight up form of Zygarde, is that there's no way it could be taken seriously as a form of a Legendary Pokemon. As I've said before, I lean away from it being related to Zygarde at all, but if it is, and I can see why it might be, there's no way it, the way it is now, is a form.

Some people actually speculate that this might be Zygarde's "zygote" stage. As in, Zygarde's appearance when it was a baby or something, before it developed into the appearance it has today. So it's not technically a Gen 7 Pokemon or an alternate forme.

Although I still lean to the theory that this is a new Pokemon. Possibly Zygarde's underlings that act as its eyes/surveillance which monitor the land while he stays on his cave, which I explained few pages back.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Some people actually speculate that this might be Zygarde's "zygote" stage. As in, Zygarde's appearance when it was a baby or something, before it developed into the appearance it has today. So it's not technically a Gen 7 Pokemon or an alternate forme.

Although I still lean to the theory that this is a new Pokemon. Possibly Zygarde's underlings that act as its eyes/surveillance which monitor the land while he stays on his cave, which I explained few pages back.

Yeah, I've seen that theory plenty as well. I'm more willing to accept it, since it isn't it a straight-up form change. Despite that, I too lean towards it being a new Pokemon.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I'm wondering, could this be the first hints to something never been done before-Gen 6.5? There was a surprisingly low number of new Pokemon. One of the things the 3DS and the Gen 6 games can do is have official mods and patches, so it would make sense to take advantage of this and introduce more Pokemon in the same generation. They can launch patches to upgrade the programming to hold these Gen 6.5 Pokemon in XYORAS

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I'm wondering, could this be the first hints to something never been done before-Gen 6.5? There was a surprisingly low number of new Pokemon. One of the things the 3DS and the Gen 6 games can do is have official mods and patches, so it would make sense to take advantage of this and introduce more Pokemon in the same generation. They can launch patches to upgrade the programming to hold these Gen 6.5 Pokemon in XYORAS

I rather they don't do patches. As for this so called gen 6.5, it doesn't make any sense at all. I do not believe that blob has anything to do with Zygarde. It doesn't look like it is related to Zygarde and is likely a separate pokemon.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~

Doesn't look like Nintendo/GF would do something like this because they didn't program ORAS exclusive Megas and Mega Stones into X and Y through patching.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

I really do like the idea of a gen 6.5 and support the theory because of that, but I still admit that it seems unlikely. However, if there are new Pokemon, they almost certainly won't get patched into X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire for the same reason that new Mega Evolutions weren't patched into X and Y. It could still just put a trade block on them and be done with it though.

Flamer

Given the past precedent of new formes for the third legendary in the cover trio in the third game, and its similarities to Zygarde in terms of body shape and colour, I think its a reasonably good bet that the two are linked, rather than this straight up being a new Pokemon or part of a Gen 6.5

Although by the same logic, I think its also unlikely that its going to be a simple forme change. Giratina's Origin Forme was the first to change freely with a hold item, whilst Black/White Kyruem introduced the concept of fusion Pokemon, so if that pattern is to be followed it doesn't seem unreasonable to expect some new sort of forme concept to be introduced. With this in mind, the "zygote" and underling theories both make sense

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I really do like the idea of a gen 6.5 and support the theory because of that, but I still admit that it seems unlikely. However, if there are new Pokemon, they almost certainly won't get patched into X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire for the same reason that new Mega Evolutions weren't patched into X and Y. It could still just put a trade block on them and be done with it though.

It looks like that the Gen 6.5 theory is very similar to trading Pokémon between Gen 1 and Gen 2 games through the Time Capsule.

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
Patches probably aren't going to happen. They didn't patch XY to have any ORAS content and they've said before that DLC isn't going to be a thing in the near future.

I also highly doubt a Gen 6.5 will be coming due to this, and that this new mon is a fairly early cameo a la Kecleon for Gen III and Munchlax for Gen IV. The only new mons we'll likely to get are the new Zygarde forme(s) and whatever megas they've come up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.