• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokémon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I already mentioned this in a different thread a few minutes ago, but It makes sense with the last couple posts.

I as well, highly (highly) doubt there will be a "gen 6.5" coming our way. Then again, I really don't understand the obsession with this theory in general, because I see absolutely no problem with only getting 72 new Pokemon for once.

Anyway, something on topic with the main thread.

I'm starting to like the idea of this green blobby thing being one of Zygarde's sentries when it's sleeping in it's cave.
This way, it can have something to do with Zyagrde while not having something "forme-like" to do with it. Not that I reject the theory of this little thing being a forme of Zygarde.

Last edited:

BCVM22

Then again, I really don't understand the obsession with this theory in general, because I see absolutely no problem with only getting 72 new Pokemon for once.

No one does. It's the platypus of theories - you have no idea how it got there or what it is, but there it is, still chugging along for some reason. The difference is that a platypus actually exists, of course.

Last edited:

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
I think it's Marriland's fault. He made a video a long time ago that talked about a "perpetual" Generation that would be fueled by DLC or something like that.

BCVM22

Rather than one single Internetter, I think it's more logical to trace fault back to countless individuals who suffered from endgame syndrome, wherein they finish a game and conclude - against most logic and reason - "well that can't be it, there HAS to be more!" and proceed to rationalize any number of baseless reasons or means by which there must be something else "hidden in the game" or otherwise in the pipeline. It's been endemic to video game players for generations but rarely if ever does any such content actually end up existing.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Yeah, it's definitely not just one person's fault at the root.
Beyond the phenomenon in general the idea of .5 Generations trace back as far as Gen II for when the idea became somewhat more largely picked up, it's just now in Gen VI the idea actually becomes vocal. (There probably was talk of similar concepts in Gen I, but with a lack of any form of secedent on what would happen I doubt any of it would be anything like the idea now)

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
kinda, except for the part where it's completely different

Depending on the theory, it doesn't necessarily have to be.
If the 6.5 theory they refer to is "patch pre-existing games", then yes, it is completely different.
If they refer to the "make new pokemon but make them untradeable like oras mega stones" then no, as it is almost exactly the same thing.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
6.5 not only sounds like a really stupid theory, but sounds as if people just don't want to get over the fact this gen didn't bring in 100+ new mons. Assuming we aren't counting mega evolution.

I understand the disappointment and all but a 6.5 isn't gonna help.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
If they refer to the "make new pokemon but make them untradeable like oras mega stones" then no, as it is almost exactly the same thing.

GSC is less of an enhanced third version and more of its own generation with backwards compatibility (the structure of the classic games differs from that of the more modern ones, but the conceptual shift is similar); implementing something like that with actual Pokemon in Gen VI, not just Mega Stones, isn't the same as what GSC did back on the GB

thatdude53

Even thought the idea of generation 6.5 seems implausible, it's not impossible no matter how many people agree/disagree. Like I always say, keep expectations low and you all may be genuinely surprised. That way if it's something more like the norm no one will be completely let down. But there will always be people who aren't happy.

At any rate the discussion should be about this new Zygarde form/mega evolution. I think it may be the biggest Pokémon yet.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
if we do get a "Gen 6.5" or whatever that redeems XY's lack of new 'mons, does that mean the defense force will stop trying to justify counting Mega Evolutions as new Pokemon?

thatdude53

if we do get a "Gen 6.5" or whatever that redeems XY's lack of new 'mons, does that mean the defense force will stop trying to justify counting Mega Evolutions as new Pokemon?

I don't know. For me it's a grey area because mega pokemon are not classified as new pokemon because they lack a pokedex entry;however, on the other hand they do have new abilities like new pokemon. Also IMO all of the new designs are considered additions to the species rather than an evolution.

I think Zygarde has a new form instead of a mega evolution
It would be cool if it gets both. It would explain the two new moves. Also it would fit their "never been done before" if we get two separate games one with a mega and the other with a form.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Even thought the idea of generation 6.5 seems implausible, it's not impossible no matter how many people agree/disagree. Like I always say, keep expectations low and you all may be genuinely surprised. That way if it's something more like the norm no one will be completely let down. But there will always be people who aren't happy.

At any rate the discussion should be about this new Zygarde form/mega evolution. I think it may be the biggest Pokémon yet.

Technically this thread is suppose to be about the ORAS legendary Pokemon. The legendaries I find acceptable to be in the games are the Regirock, Regice, Registeel Latias, Latios, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Deoxys, Regigigas, Lugia and Ho-oh. They should have been the only legendary pokemon for ORAS.

thatdude53

Technically this thread is suppose to be about the ORAS legendary Pokemon. The legendaries I find acceptable to be in the games are the Regirock, Regice, Registeel Latias, Latios, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Deoxys, Regigigas, Lugia and Ho-oh. They should have been the only legendary pokemon for ORAS.

I definitely see your point of view. If GF wanted all remaining legendary and the remaining pokemon missing from the pokedex to be available in ORAS, then why? Why would they make everything available if they already have another set of six generation games in the future. It could be because of generation 6.5 could be coming, the new games will have new megas only, or the seventh generation is coming next. I was very pleased with Deoxys being available for the first time, and the events that including said pokemon were just outstanding!

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
We know what you think, and we think it's dumb to limit the legendaries just because of some perceived "overabundance" or whatever you called it. They were added for accessibility reasons and were put in out-of-the-way areas so they didn't interfere with anything.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
The legends were all stuffed into XY/ORAS for easier dex completion, and VGC. Well the ones that are legal.. These legendaries don't even have a story relevance anymore so I don't see a problem lol.

thatdude53

The legends were all stuffed into XY/ORAS for easier dex completion, and VGC. Well the ones that are legal.. These legendaries don't even have a story relevance anymore so I don't see a problem lol.

That's the problem! It use to be almost every legendary especially mascots had an importance or a story but now they are just crammed into everywhere without any meaning whatsoever.

Akashin

That's the problem! It use to be almost every legendary especially mascots had an importance or a story but now they are just crammed into everywhere without any meaning whatsoever.

...What? Legendaries being put into the game for the sake of completion with little if any explanation as to why has been a thing for over a decade.

Unless you're arguing that Xerneas and Yveltal (and Zygarde soon enough), and more recently Primal Groudon/Kyogre and Mega Rayquaza, were just crammed in without any meaning, too, which is simply flat out wrong.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Personally, I much preferred how B2W2 and HGSS explained how the non-regional legendaries shown up then how they just pop out of nowhere in ORAS, as in the former they have special areas or lore to them that make them stand out. ORAS' very convenient no doubt if you want those Pokémon and I can understand it from a completionist angle (I'm personally happy with my shiny Zekrom), but I would've liked to have had something to catch my interest about them then just "hey look, it's Dialga... Why are you here again?".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.