• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokémon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
There is now a total of 50 legendary Pokemon. Removing the event only ones we are left with 35. They aren't going to have solid reasonings for all these creatures being shoehorned into one game, nor do they need to. It's better to just accept it at this point.

They were doing a fine job of it in Gen 4 and 5, so it's not a matter of "there's too much," it's a matter of "do they care enough to implement reasons for it." Evidently, they didn't this go-around, and that's all there is to it.

Rio!

Composer
They were doing a fine job of it in Gen 4 and 5, so it's not a matter of "there's too much," it's a matter of "do they care enough to implement reasons for it." Evidently, they didn't this go-around, and that's all there is to it.

I remember there being a mini-dialogue posted about the item Hoopa uses to become Unbound , but what about for the Pokemon event itself (like there kinda was for Diancie)?
Even then, I'm still surprised absolutely no one in Hoenn makes a remark about strange portals opening. Especially after they just went through two cataclysmic events, haha(Unless of course I just forgot lol).

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I kind of figured that the point of the Clash of Ages was to explain Hoopa's role in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

While I admit that it sucks that they just stuff legendaries into games now, I do see the necessity.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Even then, I'm still surprised absolutely no one in Hoenn makes a remark about strange portals opening. Especially after they just went through two cataclysmic events, haha(Unless of course I just forgot lol).

to be fair to the people of Hoenn, most of them spawned on islands out in the middle of nowhere that are only accessible by Mega Evolving a Legendary Pokemon and Soaring around on it

Rio!

Composer
to be fair to the people of Hoenn, most of them spawned on islands out in the middle of nowhere that are only accessible by Mega Evolving a Legendary Pokemon and Soaring around on it

I guess that's a good point. x)

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
I kind of figured that the point of the Clash of Ages was to explain Hoopa's role in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Why the heck would they link an event in the anime world to one event of the game world? It's two different canons, doesn't make sense. (Maybe it does considering Hoopa's powers, but still.)

thatdude53

I remember there being a mini-dialogue posted about the item Hoopa uses to become Unbound , but what about for the Pokemon event itself (like there kinda was for Diancie)?

Yes, I was surprised as well. And very interested in the why and how. Maybe we'll find out in the next game especially if it has anything like the Delta Emerald episode.

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Why the heck would they link an event in the anime world to one event of the game world? It's two different canons, doesn't make sense. (Maybe it does considering Hoopa's powers, but still.)

They may be two different canons, but they're still both the world of Pokemon. Regardless of whether it's the show or the games, Hoopa has the same powers. Watching Hoopa summon up all those Legendaries in Clash of Ages shows what it did in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Yes, I was surprised as well. And very interested in the why and how. Maybe we'll find out in the next game especially if it has anything like the Delta Emerald episode.

It's nothing.

A lot of NPCs outside of Sootopolis don't even acknowledge the heatwave/rain event.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member

Delta Episode implies OR/AS is on the same timeline/dimension as the anime, while Gen 1-5 are on alternate timeline/dimension.

Not sure which timeline/dimension X/Y sits on, as there are stuff that conflicts with OR/AS, and iirc with Gen 1-5 as well.

BCVM22

That's vastly overcomplicating what little the Delta Episode dialogue implies. In particular, none of the core titles share any sort of larger continuity with the anime.

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
Delta Episode implies OR/AS is on the same timeline/dimension as the anime, while Gen 1-5 are on alternate timeline/dimension.
I'm pretty sure that's not true. The only thing we got that I remember was a throw-away line referencing Alain if you had the Shiny Beldum on you, but that doesn't mean anything because it's probably just a cute Mythology Gag.

The anime also likes to BS game mechanics in such a way that it wouldn't make sense for it to be in continuity with the games, like with the Trick Room shenanigans in Valerie's Gym Battle. Also there's the issue of some characters have different relationships/roles (i.e. May is either the player character hunting badges or Birch's daughter, neither of which match up with anime canon).

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
A lot of NPCs outside of Sootopolis don't even acknowledge the heatwave/rain event.

I think it's because those who aren't Sootopolitans wouldn't care much about Kyogre/Groudon.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
It's nothing.

That isn't right. When the heatwave/rain event occured, people in Mossdeep and Lilycove were complaining about the weather change. I have been talking to them during the weather change event.

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
The new Corocoro leak says Zygarde will be in the next Mega Evolution Special.

That new mon that was silhouetted is definitely a Zygarde forme (probably a Mega).

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
So, the "Zygote" theory no longer holds considering that there are multiple of the serpent specie.
I am still leaning towards them being Zygarde's Minions though.

As for Zygarge, I think its forme is still on the same vein as something similar to "Primal" and not just an ordinary Mega since the change is very drastic based on the silhouette alone.

Can't wait for next month.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
WOOOHOO, the corocoro scan hype is back baby! mega evolution arc 4 is coming and it involves zygarde. Could it explain the blobs there? Could we get another next gen preview in the anime (even though it's not ash related)? Could the blob be the phione of zygarde? a pokemon that you can't capture? besides regigigas, the regi boss we've never seen cross gen legendaries links so could this be the next one? and how are they gonna fit volcanion in all this? AAAAH so much hype!!!

thatdude53

So, the "Zygote" theory no longer holds considering that there are multiple of the serpent specie.

As for Zygarge, I think its forme is still on the same vein as something similar to "Primal" and not just an ordinary Mega since the change is very drastic based on the silhouette alone.

It could still be true. I thought that you f Zygarde's minions were real that there would be more than one since Zygarde has to protect the ecosystem which is huge. Therefore I thought there could be many scattered throughout the Kalos region and/or the entire world to monitor the entire ecosystem.

XXD17

Draco rex

Instead of minions, I now think that they may be zygarde itself. Looking at zygarde, it's a huge colossus-like creature composed of hexagons...it just has a form as if it's a statue. I think that the zygarde we know is actually a composite creature made up of thousands of these little green worms that can arrange themselves into different structures very much like coral...

Status
Not open for further replies.