• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokémon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

XXD17

Draco rex
So, I have a new theory in regards to zygarde. The last one I proposed was about how zygarde is some sort of composite organism made up of multiple smaller beings. I was more or less right (as was many other people). Anyways, here's what I think is also very possible. Keep in mind that NONE of this is true, BUT it has basis is what we know already. Anyways, here's what I think.

Here's what we know:

-There are zygarde cores and zygarde cells, the cores are sentient while the cells are not. Both are scattered throughout Kalos. When all the cores and cells gather together, they can create zygarde's complete forme
-depending on how many cells a core has integrated, zygarde can take on any of three known formes. If 10% of all the cores and cells are gathered, we get the dog, if 50% is gathered, we get the serpent and so on
-Zygarde complete has five hexagons in its "mouth" in the colors of red, blue, aqua, white and orange
-There are two zygarde 50%'s (demonstrated in the anime and by general math)
-One zygarde core can manifest into a zygarde 10% without need of another core (in the anime)
-Zygarde core can come in red and blue (in the anime)

Here's what I THINK:

Anyways with that out of the way, here's my theory. I think there are 10 zygarde cores into total. there will be two of each color. We have met one red core in the anime and it can be speculated that Team Flare possesses the second red core. I also think there will also be cores of the other five colors: two blue cores, two aqua cores, two white cores and two orange cores since we know that the blue core exists. So 10 cores total with two of each color. It can also be speculated that team flare already has one set (or at least knows the location of one set as indicated by the first episode of XYZ). I also believe that each core is able to manifest a 10% forme as well meaning, there will be 10 individual 10% formes possible as well as different colored ones (blue, aqua, white, orange) in addition to the red one that we already know. Five 10% formes (one color set) will get together to form one 50% zygarde while the other color set forms the other 50% forme. The two 50% then join to form complete. The math works perfectly here: (10 x 5) + (10 x 5) = 100. This is also hinted in the opening of XYZ where you can see the gang facing off against team Flare with a 50% zygarde on their side.

So how would this work out with our potential "Z" game? Well, I can see it going one particular way that is similar to B2W2. My scenario goes something like his: Team flare has captured xerneas and yveltal to incur the rage of zygarde. When Zygarde 50% awakens, Team flare captures it. Now, they seek the obtain the remaining 50% of zygarde to get the complete forme. It's your job to stop them. Either you capture the other 50% and do battle with team Flare's 50% or you stop team Flare without capturing the other 50%. After you beat Team flare, the zygarde cores and cells will be spread out through kalos. As part of the after-story, you have to go collect the 5 different colored zygarde cores that scattered to merge with your own zygarde 50% to get complete. Either you have to capture this other zygarde 50% as part of the story (as I mentioned before), capture it after the story and before/ after gathering the cores or you have to transfer a zygarde 50% from XY (Terminus cave) or ORAS (the recent event) first to activate the event.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Some very interesting ideas here. Hopefully we know more when next issue of corocoro is released. I hope to know more about Zygarde and the two cores.

Leafy Sea Dragon

I went to two close-by McDonalds to download Hoopa and I was unsuccessful... I either forgot or didn't know to use "internet" instead of "wireless", the people that worked there didn't even know anything about it either... I'll probably just go to one in Seattle when I travel up there, or try messing with my wifi's name if I can.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I'm planning to visit McDonald's tomorrow to download Hoopa and I'm taking both OR and AS with me. I'm just kind of embarrassed to be seen with my 3DS. ^^

Akashin

Is being that guy standing outside of McDonalds, DS in hand really any better than just going in? Like BCVM22 said, nobody would care to begin with.

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
I went with friends, which makes it easier.

I heard there was an exploit where you could change your SSID to match the name of the McDonald's Wifi and could do it all at home.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I don't see the problem of going to get a pokemon. I have done with JB-Hifi and EB games stores when they had events such as shiny sinnoh trio or Zoroark for BW. I wasn't embarrassed in anyway but at least you guys are getting the Hoopa event. There is nothing here in NZ at the moment so consider yourselves lucky.

BCVM22

Is being that guy standing outside of McDonalds, DS in hand really any better than just going in?

Seriously, being this person would be far more odd than being the person who sits at a table and uses their 3DS for two minutes before putting it away and enjoying their Sausage McMuffin with Egg at 4 PM because all-day breakfast is wonderful.

Serene Havoc

I don't see the problem of going to get a pokemon. I have done with JB-Hifi and EB games stores when they had events such as shiny sinnoh trio or Zoroark for BW. I wasn't embarrassed in anyway but at least you guys are getting the Hoopa event. There is nothing here in NZ at the moment so consider yourselves lucky.
Oh wow are you in NZ? Im in NZ too and yeah it sucks that there is a reeeeaaal lack of any event here.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Volcanion is now officially revealed. Still no word of Hoopa event in NZ or Australia yet. I like Volcanion because it has a unique type combination Fire/Water. It has a decent amount of strengths and weaknesses. The only questions remains is would it receive a mega evolution or new form? Will it unlock something in the next Kalos game?

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The Hoopa event is going to be in New Zealand. I don't know why it wasn't released with the movie, like it was last time with Diancie

I've heard a theory that Zygarde is going to be based on Cell from Dragonball Z. Asides from that, I'm interested to figure out how they're going to implement one Pokemon being multiples of itself. From what I understand, there are two cores that function as Zygarde's brains; a red one and a blue one. The red one become 10% Zygarde, and the blue one becomes 50% Zygarde. Presumably, 60% of Zygarde's being is sentient, the other 40% is its mindless horde

Its possible that Zygarde, as a complete being, has two brains and two minds of its own. Kind of like Zwelious, except they're harmonious. In the games, some sort of fusion mechanic may be implemented, which involves having the two Zygarde aspects and the Zygarde Cells all join together to created Complete Zygarde. Or it could be like DBZ Cell, in that it needs to assimilate stronger Pokemon, probably Xerneas and Yveltal, to reach full potential. And since its the third in what looks like a trio, that's probably going to happen

Akashin

Its possible that Zygarde, as a complete being, has two brains and two minds of its own. Kind of like Zwelious, except they're harmonious. In the games, some sort of fusion mechanic may be implemented, which involves having the two Zygarde aspects and the Zygarde Cells all join together to created Complete Zygarde. Or it could be like DBZ Cell, in that it needs to assimilate stronger Pokemon, probably Xerneas and Yveltal, to reach full potential. And since its the third in what looks like a trio, that's probably going to happen

Huh? We already know that it achieves its Complete Form by combining all of its Cells together, simple as that. Where are you getting the idea of it needing to assimilate Xerneas and Yveltal from?

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Huh? We already know that it achieves its Complete Form by combining all of its Cells together, simple as that. Where are you getting the idea of it needing to assimilate Xerneas and Yveltal from?

Maybe it needs their power to be capable of combining them. Like Cell, Zygarde is associated with cells, and has stronger forms.

Akashin

Maybe it needs their power to be capable of combining them. Like Cell, Zygarde is associated with cells, and has stronger forms.

Call me wacky, but I'm not sure I see the logic in Zygarde requiring the power of Xerneas and Yveltal to allow it to reach the form where it is best capable of, well, stopping Xerneas and Yveltal.

The Cores already afford Zygarde the ability to bring its Cells together.

amoebo

amoeboVGC
thats like needing to kill ganondorf to get the master sword, which you need to kill ganon.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Does anyone know if the Hoopa event in NZ in every EB games and JB-Hifi store or only in specific areas? Is there a list of areas that have Hoopa given out?

Last edited:

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
really don't know if this is the place to talk about this but i've seen pdwinall video about the 20th aniversary mystical pokemon monthly distributions and, contrary of what i thought, mew, darkrai, arceus and genesect are still locked behind a serial code, instead of all of them being wi-fi distributions. That's a bummer. I was looking for arceus and mew the most but i guess there's gonna be way more legit legendaries now. It's a shame i can't get to the stores that usually have the codes. well, i will still get 2 shaymin, jirachi and keldeo so overall it's an awesome move by the pokemon company. Sure pokemon Z might be announced but the VC releases for the 3 OG pokemon games made me excited enough for this year. Let's see if mew can be obtained with the same method too (which i think it's likely).

Status
Not open for further replies.