• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokémon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Interestingly, speaking to the girl at the white rock tells of how it's there to 'wish their rockets to fly safely.' Then she says '..what do you use [to wish]?', 'I use a wish tag to make it happen.' Now granted this is exactly the same as in the originals, but it would be cool if GF actually used it for a Jirachi event rather than just leaving it as a red herring.

If Jirachi is obtainable in OR/AS, it'll likely be as an event in my opinion. I just doubt that Jirachi will be available during normal gameplay given its history of being event-exclusive.

Photonkrios95

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Question: is there a part of Southern Island that can only be access by boat with the Eon Ticket? Cause usually a ticket is for boats or trains. Any way I have no problem with version exclusive legendaries as I am getting both. By the way I saw a screenshot of Lugia in water, is that part of the floating islands or possibly navel rock?

Photonkrios95

Question: is there a part of Southern Island that can only be access by boat with the Eon Ticket?

I think the whole thing will be ticket exclusive. Unless it was different in the originals.

By the way I saw a screenshot of Lugia in water, is that part of the floating islands or possibly navel rock?

Could simply be a battle at see. We still dont know the full details of which Pokemon are found in which clouds/islands.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
By the way I saw a screenshot of Lugia in water, is that part of the floating islands or possibly navel rock?

Since OR/AS seems to be neglecting most Emerald features/locations for the most part, I doubt that Lugia will be found at Navel Rock.

DarkerShining

So, Latias/Latios may no longer be a roaming legendary in these games? Interesting. Certainly makes things a lot easier, huh? Looking forward to soaring through the skies of Hoenn with it.

Guessing recent reveals means there's a high change Regigigas might be in this game alongside the other Regis. Wonder if you'll have to catch the other three Regis first before being able to catch it? Of course, this is just speculation on my part, but if all "non-event" legendaries are catchable...

Although, the presence of Reshiram and Zekrom doesn't make too much sense, since if the events of these games still take place during the same time as FR/LG, several years before the events of the Unova games, then shouldn't they be in their Light Stone/Dark Stone forms at this point? Although, if those "Mirage spots" are actually distortions in time/space, then I guess there might be an explanation of sorts? I won't question it too much, though. After all, these games look like they'll be a lot of fun. :)

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I think the whole thing will be ticket exclusive. Unless it was different in the originals.

That will make it rather hard to get through the game then, since you are apparently made to visit the Southern Island during the main storyline.

Although, the presence of Reshiram and Zekrom doesn't make too much sense, since if the events of these games still take place during the same time as FR/LG, several years before the events of the Unova games, then shouldn't they be in their Light Stone/Dark Stone forms at this point?

This is just a case of Pokémon distribution taking precedence over story continuity. Try not to think too closely about it.

Photonkrios95

That will make it rather hard to get through the game then, since you are apparently made to visit the Southern Island during the main storyline.

Well, we still don't know exactly what the area we acquire them is. It could be Southern Island, but it could also be somewhere else. Its not like having your versions Dragon not found in SI is going from the original. (He says knowing that its quite a deviation from how it is anyway).

DanteKoriyu

Well, we still don't know exactly what the area we acquire them is. It could be Southern Island, but it could also be somewhere else. Its not like having your versions Dragon not found in SI is going from the original. (He says knowing that its quite a deviation from how it is anyway).

The official site's section on the Eon Ticket says we return to Southern Island to catch the Lati twin not native to our version, which means we've been there before during the main story.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

I think these images are pretty strong evidence that you go to Southern Island in the main game:

oct_eon_p01_08_en.jpg

oct_p07_06_en_kkf.jpg

sept_p15_04_en_azr.jpg

The environment matches up in all of these screenshots, in every one of them the area is walled in by cliffs with waterfalls flowing over them, so more than likely all of this happens in the same place.

If I had to guess how this all plays out, you probably go to Southern Island from Lilycove City and end up protecting Latios/Latias from Magma/Aqua, and after you beat Courtney/Matt you end up befriending Latios/Latias, possibly battling them, and then they come with their Mega Stone and you can use them to soar.

Last edited:

Photonkrios95

Seems to be. Oh well, you win some you loose some.

Any who, getting the Latwin 'that' early (before post game) is quite interesting. Suddenly my team changes for the upteenth time this pre-release.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
That's what confuses me too. Maybe you can't revisit it after the first visit for some reason?

I think so too.

We probably meet Steven sometime in the main game and he would want us to come with him.
Being the champion, son of the Devon Corp President and a traveler, he probably have gone there before.

It also makes sense that the Southern Island has already been visited as shown on the town map, while Sky Pillar and Frontier aren't.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I think so too.

We probably meet Steven sometime in the main game and he would want us to come with him.
Being the champion, son of the Devon Corp President and a traveler, he probably have gone there before.

It also makes sense that the Southern Island has already been visited as shown on the town map, while Sky Pillar and Frontier aren't.

Maybe during the story, Steven has his own Eon Ticket and lets us tag along with him the first time around, but then in order to go back for the opposite version's Dragon (and presumably to enable unlimited visits after that), we need our own Eon Ticket from the event download?

Pilpulp

美的
For the event one, you have to take the ticket to Norman who supposedly knows the ferry to get to Southern Island. Norman sends you off and you get on the boat alone, and when you get off the captain says "We made it alright... This be Southern Island" as shown above. Note: Steven was included no where in this.

Then some screenshots later, it shows the protagonist and Steven in front of Lati@s talking to Aqua/Magma.

So I assume you go on two separate visits, which doesn't really make sense if Norman has to explain to you how to get there, if you've already been there during the story...

That is what I could make out of it at least. It is confusing.

What I'm going off of (scroll to the bottom of the page)

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
This is what the official site says...
"On a certain island during your adventure, you and Steven will set out together to save Latios or Latias."

On a different page on the main site, it says "Partway through your adventure..."

They stress that our encounter with Lati@s is during the main game.

It's also turns out to be that the mysterious area, that most of us thought to be Route 119, where earlier screenshots of Steven talking about Mega Evolution takes place was Southern Island after all.

Also, the official site says this on the Eon Ticket page:
"You can meet the Legendary Pokémon Latios and Latias with a special code for the Eon Ticket! Players with the Eon Ticket will be able to go to Southern Island again to encounter and catch Latias in Pokémon Omega Ruby or Latios in Pokémon Alpha Sapphire."

AGAIN.

Case closed.

SmartD

Personally, I hope when you encounter the Legendaries on the Mythical Places, they use their battle themes from the previous games. I would like to hear Dialga/Palkia's theme and Reshiram/Zekrom's theme remastered on the 3DS. That would be really cool.

rocky505

So instead of the Red/Blue Pokemon mention on the TV we just go to Southern Island with Steven, correct? Then we just go back and get the opposite one with the Eon Ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.