• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokémon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Yeah, that was a mistake. Damn... It coulda abused that too.

Yeah, someone trying to be a troll and find a way for Primal Kyogre to share in the destruction that Primal Groudon and Mega Rayquaza will cause in the tier. Guess Primal Kyogre doesn't get the share in that same limelight with the other two.

I'm very excited to use these Primals/Mega, I can already see all of the Primal Groudon and Mega Rayquaza spam.

Mokepon22

Considering every form change is optional, I can't see them not letting us use the regular version if we wanted to.

Yeah, more than likely there will be a on/off switch for it. I was just pointing out its difference from ME, with them being both activated different then you could possible have a mega & primal at the same time

dragon1

Ooh, AS gets Dialga, Reshiram and Ho-Oh, as well as Kyogre, which are all my preferred monsters in the duos ^^.

Lugia 88

Ooh, AS gets Dialga, Reshiram and Ho-Oh, as well as Kyogre, which are all my preferred monsters in the duos ^^.

Wait so Alpha Sapphire gets those? So that means Lugia, Palkia, Zekrom will be in Omega Ruby, I thought we where able to fly around and get them all. Anyway I'm still happy they have Lugia, Ho-oh, Reshiram, Zekrom, Dialga, and Palkia, wonder where's Kyurem at? Right now I'm wondering if they will have the Dream World abilities or do we have to soft reset for those and good ivs again.

Mokepon22

Wait so Alpha Sapphire gets those? So that means Lugia, Palkia, Zekrom will be in Omega Ruby, I thought we where able to fly around and get them all. Anyway I'm still happy they have Lugia, Ho-oh, Reshiram, Zekrom, Dialga, and Palkia, wonder where's Kyurem at? Right now I'm wondering if they will have the Dream World abilities or do we have to soft reset for those and good ivs again.

Kyurem is probably a "bring Reshiram and Zekrom together to unlock" kinda thing, which is probably gonna happen to Giratina too

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Kyurem is probably a "bring Reshiram and Zekrom together to unlock" kinda thing, which is probably gonna happen to Giratina too

I actually don't think they would do that with Kyurem because it can fuse with Reshiram/Zekrom. It would be disappointing if you had to get them both to unlock both Black/White Kyurem. I think they just might have you catch one of them and then make the fusions version exclusive as well.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I noticed a pattern. XXX-less location, the pattern of the names, would seem to be where the Muskedeer trio would be.

Trackless Forest- Virizion

Pathless Plain- Terrakion

Nameless Cavern- Cobalion

It would be my guess though.

BTW, I don't have proof. I'm just speculating unless someone has info on this.

XXD17

Draco rex
First off, I'm going to speculate what Pokemon won't be located by the Eon Flute
Regi trio-They're Hoenn legendaries
Eon duo-Well, this is obvious
Weather trio-They're the mascots
Regigigas-It just wouldn't fit if they weren't summoned by the Regi trio
Heatran-It would seem more appropriate that the lava Pokemon appeared in a volcanic region rather than in the sky
Beast trio-They could be similar to the bird trio in X/Y

Next Pokemon that could be version exclusives
Tower duo-Lugia for Alpha, Ho-oh for Omega
Creation duo-Dialga for Alpha, Palkia for Omega
Kami duo-Tornadus for Alpha, Thundurus for Omega
Tao duo-Zekrom for Alpha, Reshiram for Omega
Trios-Lake trio for Alpha, Musketeers for Omega

Some could be encountered differently
Giratina-Summoned by having both Dialga and Palkia
Landorus-Summoned by having both Tornadus and Thundurus
Kyurem-Summoned by having both Zekrom and Reshiram

Now how could event legendaries be added?
Mew may have an event, similar to Emerald but now available. Or it could be given
Jirachi may be set to being found on the white stone. Deoxys...I have an idea they'll canonize going in the space rocket.
Hoopa...who knows. Its a trickster, so it could wander across the region
Volcanion could be found in Mt Chimney

Not only that but they probably HAVE to be the SPECIFIC dialga/ palkia and resiram/ zekrom from the counterpart game rather than any old legendary dragon just like what they did back in Heartgold and Soulsivler with groudon, kyogre, and rayquaza...

Mokepon22

I actually don't think they would do that with Kyurem because it can fuse with Reshiram/Zekrom. It would be disappointing if you had to get them both to unlock both Black/White Kyurem. I think they just might have you catch one of them and then make the fusions version exclusive as well.

Well at one point in time those three were actually one so it wouldn't seem out of place if it required both dragons to unlock the 3rd, but I do like the idea of keeping the fusions version exlusive

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I agree that they should make version exclusives with national legendary pokemon since there is 9 Sinnoh, 9 Unova and 5 Johto. Add it together and you get 23 plus the 8 Hoenn legendaries which means in total there are 31 legendaries. Put the legendaries in X and Y into these games and you get 38, which is outstanding. I am not sure how they split the rest of them but we know soon enough.

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
So since Mewtwo is a non-event Legendary, as well as the Birds and Beasts, would this mean that they would make each set exclusive too? Such as the game with Ho-oh has Raikou, Suicune, and Entei, and the one with Lugia has Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres, and just have Mewtwo have its Megastones split between games? If we are supposedly allowed to get all non-event Legendary Pokemon, I'd assume location would be locked away somewhere in the code.
It could be interesting though if they decided to make it based off your starter that you encounter one of each of that trio roaming, such as Zapdos + Raikou if Mudkip, Moltres + Entei if Treecko, and Suicune + Articuno if Torchic. That last part is a stretch, but I wouldn't mind that if those trio's HAVE to be split in someway.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
So since Mewtwo is a non-event Legendary, as well as the Birds and Beasts, would this mean that they would make each set exclusive too? Such as the game with Ho-oh has Raikou, Suicune, and Entei, and the one with Lugia has Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres, and just have Mewtwo have its Megastones split between games? If we are supposedly allowed to get all non-event Legendary Pokemon, I'd assume location would be locked away somewhere in the code.
It could be interesting though if they decided to make it based off your starter that you encounter one of each of that trio roaming, such as Zapdos + Raikou if Mudkip, Moltres + Entei if Treecko, and Suicune + Articuno if Torchic. That last part is a stretch, but I wouldn't mind that if those trio's HAVE to be split in someway.
All we are concerned about are gen 2/4/5, since 1 and 6 are in X & Y, and we know where the 3rd gen Pokes are.

As I have said, the XXX-less locations are probably for the Muskadeers, seeing as how they match the elements. Speaking of elements, the Secret places are probably for the pixie trio since two are already ocean proximal, leading me to believe they are probably for the "secretive" pixies. Of course, this is assuming that the new locations will, in fact, before legendaries, but look at Black/White 2.

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
All we are concerned about are gen 2/4/5, since 1 and 6 are in X & Y, and we know where the 3rd gen Pokes are.

As I have said, the XXX-less locations are probably for the Muskadeers, seeing as how they match the elements. Speaking of elements, the Secret places are probably for the pixie trio since two are already ocean proximal, leading me to believe they are probably for the "secretive" pixies. Of course, this is assuming that the new locations will, in fact, before legendaries, but look at Black/White 2.

But then (unless this was mentioned and I missed it) this still leaves Suicune, Raikou, and Entei's locations unknown doesn't it? That was the main thing I was concerned about, going off of how they said every non-event legendary would be catchable, but there are only so many places you can stuff legendary Pokemon into, unless like the Mascot Pokemon, they are given there own area. But adding 3+ new areas (one for each mon), that's a lot of new map.

Mokepon22

But then (unless this was mentioned and I missed it) this still leaves Suicune, Raikou, and Entei's locations unknown doesn't it? That was the main thing I was concerned about, going off of how they said every non-event legendary would be catchable, but there are only so many places you can stuff legendary Pokemon into, unless like the Mascot Pokemon, they are given there own area. But adding 3+ new areas (one for each mon), that's a lot of new map.

Did they say every legendary would be catchable between XY and ORAS? Or did they say between GEN VI because then they don't need to fit all in Hoenn but save the minor legends for Z/X2/Y2

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I only care for Kyogre and Dialga out of those four tbh. Anyway, do we know if the Legendary Beasts will be found in OR/AS as well? I'd really like to catch them since I don't have an extra set to transfer over from Gen 5. :x

Lugia 88

I only care for Kyogre and Dialga out of those four tbh. Anyway, do we know if the Legendary Beasts will be found in OR/AS as well? I'd really like to catch them since I don't have an extra set to transfer over from Gen 5. :x

Well I guess we will find out in time since these games come out next month, but one problem before we get them we all have to hunt down the latios or latias depending on which version you have, and like the originals they roam and etc.

blasian amtrax

Maybe they'll go the way they were in FRLG and be starter bound roamers?

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
Did they say every legendary would be catchable between XY and ORAS? Or did they say between GEN VI because then they don't need to fit all in Hoenn but save the minor legends for Z/X2/Y2

I thought I had read that that would be the case (either on here or somewhere else) but I could have read it wrong. Even so, I don't see why they wouldn't put them in, as actual interaction with them in non-event forms hasn't been done since gen 4.

Edit:
Maybe they'll go the way they were in FRLG and be starter bound roamers?

That's what I was hoping for. I liked how I could just randomly be in the grass and then find one. For the first encounter (if they will be in, and as roamers) it would be cool if they did there cry when you walked onto their route (just like how you could hear random cries in the original RSE). Would make it more fun that way, and easier to find.

Edit 2:
Well I guess we will find out in time since these games come out next month, but one problem before we get them we all have to hunt down the latios or latias depending on which version you have, and like the originals they roam and etc.

I believe it was confirmed one will befriend you (so will be gifted) and the other one will appear on the island for the second visit, so the Lati twins won't roam.

Last edited:

Mokepon22

I thought I had read that that would be the case (either on here or somewhere else) but I could have read it wrong. Even so, I don't see why they wouldn't put them in, as actual interaction with them in non-event forms hasn't been done since gen 4.

Maybe because they don't want too many available? There's already 14 for ORAS which leaves another 17, so instead of finding places to put them they could easily save them for the next game

I can see them adding minor legends, and keeping them version exclusive, but not every single one

I believe it was confirmed one will befriend you (so will be gifted) and the other one will appear on the island for the second visit, so the Lati twins won't roam.

Which is gonna make SR for natures & IVs even more tedious

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
Maybe because they don't want too many available? There's already 14 for ORAS which leaves another 17, so instead of finding places to put them they could easily save them for the next game

I can see them adding minor legends, and keeping them version exclusive, but not every single one

True. I would be okay with it not being stuffed with legends, but the ones we haven't see for awhile now (Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf and the Beasts for me) I really want to see in, as Cobalion, Terrakion and Virizion were just in last gen, so I'm not concerned about them.

Which is gonna make SR for natures & IVs even more tedious
Actually, it would be harder to SR them if they were roamers. Essentially with this, just save at the earliest time you can before you are forced to interact with it. If roaming is the same as before, the RNG for the IV's/Nature are set at the first encounter iirc, so if they roamed, you would have to first see them once, capture them, then check the IV's/Nature and if not what you wanted, repeat process, which can be horribly tedious.

Status
Not open for further replies.