• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokémon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poog

Poogtastic
To my knowledge, datamining has proven that Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza/Deoxys are shiny locked while everything else is not (I mean, why would these 4 not be shiny locked given previous trends). I don't have a direct source of this unfortunately but this would be the safest assumption regardless.

Where did you hear of this with the datamining? I havent been able to find such a thing.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Where did you hear of this with the datamining? I havent been able to find such a thing.

Apparently one of the people who datamined said something about it, but I can't find anything that outright proves it to be the case. Everything points to them being shiny locked though.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
It's interesting to note that the game's AI doesn't accommodate for Desolate Land's water-evaporating effect. Opposing Water types will try to spam Water moves on Primal Groudon, no matter how many times it fails. I suspect this is probably an oversight in the AI and may be patched in the future.

Poog

Poogtastic
Apparently one of the people who datamined said something about it, but I can't find anything that outright proves it to be the case. Everything points to them being shiny locked though.

Seems to be the case, but it is still pretty early. I'd like to imagine we're all just having unlucky hunts, but... I really doubt thats the case.

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
if i trade away my lati can i still use soar?

Nabbit

*Trips on ice*
There needs to be an ORAS help thread. -.-" I have a feeling my post will be deleted in the general discussion so I'm going to post this here too:

So I have a problem...

I got the clear bell for Ho-oh after I gave Captain Stern the scanner, and so I went back to Sea Mauville. I got a message saying that the clear bell was glowing. I found Ho-oh's portal, and interacted with it. Like normal, Ho-oh appeared before me. I soft resetted a few times for a shiny Ho-oh, but was unsuccessful. I decided to take a break, leave the area, and come back tomorrow.

I come back the next day to Sea Mauville, but it was different. I got no message about a glowing bell, but the portal is still there. When I try interacting with it, I only get the message, "A mysterious ring is floating in the air..." and the game turns me away from the portal.

I thought there might have been a 24 hour reset time for the portal, but I came back this morning and it still turns me away. I feel like I totally screwed myself out of catching a Ho-oh by leaving... is there anything I can do to fix this?

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
There needs to be an ORAS help thread. -.-" I have a feeling my post will be deleted in the general discussion so I'm going to post this here too:

So I have a problem...

I got the clear bell for Ho-oh after I gave Captain Stern the scanner, and so I went back to Sea Mauville. I got a message saying that the clear bell was glowing. I found Ho-oh's portal, and interacted with it. Like normal, Ho-oh appeared before me. I soft resetted a few times for a shiny Ho-oh, but was unsuccessful. I decided to take a break, leave the area, and come back tomorrow.

I come back the next day to Sea Mauville, but it was different. I got no message about a glowing bell, but the portal is still there. When I try interacting with it, I only get the message, "A mysterious ring is floating in the air..." and the game turns me away from the portal.

I thought there might have been a 24 hour reset time for the portal, but I came back this morning and it still turns me away. I feel like I totally screwed myself out of catching a Ho-oh by leaving... is there anything I can do to fix this?

theres only a 32 page long thread called ORAS HELP Thread - http://www.serebiiforums.com/showth...ga-Ruby-amp-Alpha-Sapphire-Help-Thread/page32

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
Seems to be the case, but it is still pretty early. I'd like to imagine we're all just having unlucky hunts, but... I really doubt thats the case.

It'd be really interesting though that the Lati twins (who also have cutscenes/have an important supporting role in ORAS) are able to be shiny. I'd expect Deoxys could be shiny but maybe not the Weather Beasts. Anyways, if not, then Gf need to get their [stuff] together and be consistent.

Slushie

Requiescat en pace.
Idk if anyone has posted anything about this.

So I was soaring through the sky on my Latios traveling to the safari zone and on my way there I see a red sparkle above the water near Route 126 I believe, also near Sootopolis City. Keep in mind I'm flying from Ever Grande City as I have yet to beat the Pokemon League as well as "conquer" Victory Road. Anyways, I land at the red sparkle which ended up being named "Nameless Cavern". There I battled Mesprit and caught her right away.

Now Idk if I'm out of the loop but I didn't even think I could catch other legends without beating the game and having the National Pokedex? Plus the data for Mesprit after I caught her was all question marks, ????.

So yeah, I thought it was cool.

mewtwos

Smell ya later!
Idk if anyone has posted anything about this.

So I was soaring through the sky on my Latios traveling to the safari zone and on my way there I see a red sparkle above the water near Route 126 I believe, also near Sootopolis City. Keep in mind I'm flying from Ever Grande City as I have yet to beat the Pokemon League as well as "conquer" Victory Road. Anyways, I land at the red sparkle which ended up being named "Nameless Cavern". There I battled Mesprit and caught her right away.

Now Idk if I'm out of the loop but I didn't even think I could catch other legends without beating the game and having the National Pokedex? Plus the data for Mesprit after I caught her was all question marks, ????.

So yeah, I thought it was cool.

You are able to find the Mirage Spot legendaries after you fight primal groudon/kyogre. Also, if you go to Prof. Birch, you'll be able to get the National Pokedex!

Kelz

More saving. More doing.™
You are able to find the Mirage Spot legendaries after you fight primal groudon/kyogre. Also, if you go to Prof. Birch, you'll be able to get the National Pokedex!

So to clarify, you can get the National PokéDex before beating the E4?

fitzy909

Just another guy
It's interesting to note that the game's AI doesn't accommodate for Desolate Land's water-evaporating effect. Opposing Water types will try to spam Water moves on Primal Groudon, no matter how many times it fails. I suspect this is probably an oversight in the AI and may be patched in the future.

That is odd. Then again this is the same AI that doubled up helping hand and uses foresight no matter what.

Marsalevsky

Shiny Collector
So does the run away method actually work? Because I'm hunting Heatran now, and that sounds a lot faster than SRing

Sadly, Run Away doesn't work on the portal legendaries. I tried that with Reshiram but after you run I think you have to wait another day for it to respawn. :( It said there was just a ring floating in the air, nothing inside of it.

13_luckynumber

If you trade away your Lati and have no other Lati in your game, can you still soar?

What will happen if you faint or have no pokeball for Rayquaza?

Status
Not open for further replies.