• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokémon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Lets just hope the shiny Rayquaza becomes an event, the mega evolution form would be even prettier <3 <3 <3

Another Shiny Rayquaza distribution? To be honest, I'd rather just see Hoopa distributed next year for the new film. I personally can't wait to get one and unlock its new OR/AS forme.

Grei

not the color
I actually hope that Volcanion is the focus of its own "Episode" like Rayquaza was. Considering it's a Fire/Water type it seems fitting to be in Hoenn.

More likely it'll just be distributed in Z, but I'm still hopeful that ORAS at least will get free DLC Episodes like Delta.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I actually hope that Volcanion is the focus of its own "Episode" like Rayquaza was. Considering it's a Fire/Water type it seems fitting to be in Hoenn.

Since Hoopa appears to be next in line for the spotlight I don't really expect Volcanion to get any attention in ORAS when they have Hoopa to showcase (and even potentially a shiny Rayquaza event on the side). I guess if they take a break and don't release a main series game in 2015 there's some room but even then I feel like they would just wait until X² and Y² or whatever for Volcanion.

Autobot N

Nope. All the Jirachi's on GTS are hacked so far as I know :) Just search for them on GTS... It will explain itself (sadly enough) :)

Huh. Sad. Absolutely sad. As for potential shiny mega rayquaza event, that would be awesome because even though I already own one, I promised to give it to a friend.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
My guess, is that Japan will get both Hoopa and Shiny Rayquaza as event, with the Rayquaza being a ticket pre-order event.

Meanwhile, as usual, the rest of the world will only get Hoopa.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
My guess, is that Japan will get both Hoopa and Shiny Rayquaza as event, with the Rayquaza being a ticket pre-order event.

Meanwhile, as usual, the rest of the world will only get Hoopa.

I can already see the "why does Japan get everything :((((((" complaints, though I wouldn't be surprised to see this happen. But unless they want to give Rayquaza something like Precipice Blades and Origin Pulse (hey there's precedence for this) I wouldn't particularly mind not getting that event.

jse

Pokémon Imaginer
Hoopa will be the special Pokemon event to be distributed for the upcoming movie. I am sure of it, but this is just my speculation. Lets see then! Volcanion may be in the year after 2015!

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Hoopa will be the special Pokemon event to be distributed for the upcoming movie.

I think that's pretty certain. For once in a long time, I'm looking forward to a Legendary Pokemon distribution. I disliked Diancie, but Hoopa is so cute in its usual forme at least.

jse

Pokémon Imaginer
I think that's pretty certain. For once in a long time, I'm looking forward to a Legendary Pokemon distribution. I disliked Diancie, but Hoopa is so cute in its usual forme at least.

Yeah, Diancie looks feminine eventhough it's genderless. I prefer Hoopa and its another forme. Can't wait to look forward to it. :)

Rio!

Composer

Glad I'm not the only one that proffered Hoopa over Diancie. I can actually deal with its Improsoned form or w/e better than Diancie's mega-evolution. xD

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer
Just saw trailer and all I have to say....Shiny Distribution confirmed. XD jk, but hopefully they distribute the three shiny along with Hoopa so I can SR for perfection. Too bad we won't be able to name em though, wish we could. If only the time battery on my Emerald still worked.

Glad I'm not the only one that proffered Hoopa over Diancie. I can actually deal with its Improsoned form or w/e better than Diancie's mega-evolution. xD

I prefer Hoopa over Diancie as well, but I don't dislike Diancie.
Hoopa has a ton of lore and both forms work great together and even alone. However I feel that it might be getting a bit too cetralizing as nearly everything can be explained by "Hoopa did it".
Diancie on the other hand has very little going for it besides being pretty and a transformed Carbink(although it's not the first legendary with next to no myths surrounding it). I also find regular Diancie quite boring design-wise and I suspect that it was made that way intentionally so that the Mega would stand more out. (Which is not how I think Mega Evolutions should be used.) I would probably have liked it better if the Mega was the regular form and that's it

Last edited:

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!

I prefer Hoopa to Diancie as well. It's my favourite of all the Kalos legendary Pokemon. I'm not really a fan of Diancie because I'm not really a fan of cutesy Pokemon in general. I can't wait for Hoopa to be released so I can have my own to level. It's alternate form looks pretty cool as well although I prefer its regular look. I just hope it doesn't take as long to be released in the UK the way Diancie did.

ebevan91

They should've given Groudon Flare Blitz. Imagine the damage output with Primal Groudon's STAB and sun-boost.

The recoil would be ridiculous though.

Mye

Someone has to win..
They should've given Groudon Flare Blitz. Imagine the damage output with Primal Groudon's STAB and sun-boost.

The recoil would be ridiculous though.

I would've much preferred to see groudon-p and kyogre-p get their own fire/water type moves that had mold-breaker built into them, rather than what they got instead. Something with 85BP and 10PP, with the ability to hit through abilities, would make both of them way scarier.

Xzurae

After defeating Groudon and the Elite 4, I heard that Groudon will be at the cave of origin. If I save before fighting him, will his nature be different if I reset the game and re fight him?

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
After defeating Groudon and the Elite 4, I heard that Groudon will be at the cave of origin. If I save before fighting him, will his nature be different if I reset the game and re fight him?

Yes, Groudon's nature can still be reset just like any other legendary. Fighting him once before beating the Elite 4 won't have any effect on this.

Rio!

Composer
I would've much preferred to see groudon-p and kyogre-p get their own fire/water type moves that had mold-breaker built into them, rather than what they got instead. Something with 85BP and 10PP, with the ability to hit through abilities, would make both of them way scarier.

Eeeh...that would basically debunk what they're meant to do in the first place; something that they lost gen 5/6 when other pokemon got the ability as well, plus with the time of the weather going up go from being eternal, cut down to 5 turns. I'm glad they got the abilities they did to actually set them apart again. ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.