• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokémon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, Rayquaza Mega Evolves. The meteorite you get at Mt. Chimney is what enables it. Once it consumes it, it has enough meteorite power internalized that it, together with knowing the move Dragon Ascent, can mega evolve without an outside power source. They even spell it out for you in the Delta Episode. The Mega Stones are all meteorites.

Oh I didn't know that, I must have been reading false information on the internet.....

Any Rayquaza can Mega Evolve if you have it learn Dragon Ascent via tutor.

Thank you for this information, this is what i needed!

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
Can someone with first hand experience clarify if the native in-game Lati can be shiny? I know the Eon Ticket one can be but I've been seeing people not have much luck with the one found natively in game (i.e. Latios in OR and Latias in AS) lately. Could it also suffer from the same "legendary remains the same color scheme as in the cutscene" rule as the Weather trio & Deoxys?

Frytrix

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Thus far in AS, I've had an easy time catching all the Legendaries except Zekrom, which has been a pain. I'm also still hoping that I'll StreetPass someone who has the Eon Ticket, but my optimism is slipping.

Frytrix

Thus far in AS, I've had an easy time catching all the Legendaries except Zekrom, which has been a pain. I'm also still hoping that I'll StreetPass someone who has the Eon Ticket, but my optimism is slipping.

The EoN ticket isnt even in my country (Ireland) Maybe some day Il aquire it :(

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
I found Regigigas to be remarkably weird in this game. There I was expecting to unlock a whole new chamber or something [upon gathering the trio] since this is where their story originated. And instead the big guy takes over the Island Chamber for some reason, and demands that Regice be nicknamed with an icy offering.

I guess its some kinda loose reference to Snowpoint, but its still made me scratch my head.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I found Regigigas to be remarkably weird in this game. There I was expecting to unlock a whole new chamber or something [upon gathering the trio] since this is where their story originated. And instead the big guy takes over the Island Chamber for some reason, and demands that Regice be nicknamed with an icy offering.

I guess its some kinda loose reference to Snowpoint, but its still made me scratch my head.

I have to agree. The requirements and its location is... unexpected.

Most of us thinks that a new room within the Sealed Chamber would've opened, and that simply having all three Regis are enough to trigger its appearance.
I can understand the need for a frozen item (I agree with the Snowpoint thing), but a nickname requirement?

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
I have to agree. The requirements and its location is... unexpected.

Most of us thinks that a new room within the Sealed Chamber would've opened, and that simply having all three Regis are enough to trigger its appearance.
I can understand the need for a frozen item (I agree with the Snowpoint thing), but a nickname requirement?

Well, they obviously didn't want to make it to easy. :)

Still, it is kinda weird.

Frytrix

Are the Regis easy to catch?

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
Are the Regis easy to catch?

I didn't have any real problem with them. Basically, I hit them with a Thunder Wave from Cos. Pikachu, whittled them down with Hold Back from the Shiny Event Beldum, and once down in the red, started chucking Dusk Balls/Ultra Balls. Took between four and ten balls for each.

Frytrix

I didn't have any real problem with them. Basically, I hit them with a Thunder Wave from Cos. Pikachu, whittled them down with Hold Back from the Shiny Event Beldum, and once down in the red, started chucking Dusk Balls/Ultra Balls. Took between four and ten balls for each.

Hmmmm The regis are the only legendaries i need... seem easy enough thanks!

Frytrix

Honestly, I had more trouble with the Musketeer Trio, Virizion in particular. Sword Dance + Sacred Sword is nasty.

*Shivers*
I always heard Deoxys is a pain to catch but he was honestly so easy to catch
one d. pulse from mega rayquaza one ultra ball and hes caught

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
*Shivers*
I always heard Deoxys is a pain to catch but he was honestly so easy to catch
one d. pulse from mega rayquaza one ultra ball and hes caught

The Deoxys rematch was easy, same strategy as I used against the Regis and Rayquaza. Thunder Wave, Hold Back until in the red, then chuck ultra balls. I caught it with one ball due to a "critical capture", I guess I was lucky.
On the other hand, I accidentally fainted it in Space, so there's that. >.<

Frytrix

The Deoxys rematch was easy, same strategy as I used against the Regis and Rayquaza. Thunder Wave, Hold Back until in the red, then chuck ultra balls. I caught it with one ball due to a "critical capture", I guess I was lucky.
On the other hand, I accidentally fainted it in Space, so there's that. >.<

your startegy seems solid so im going to 'borrow' it C;

Frytrix

It's pretty much the strategy I use for anything I want to catch, unless it is immune to Thunder Wave. >.<

Guess its back to the drawing board after that Haha xD

Frytrix

There are other ways to paralyze than to use Thunder Wave. Stun Spore comes to mind. And barring that, Sleep works just as well as Paralysis when it comes to make pokemon easier to catch.

sleep NEVER works for me :c

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
sleep NEVER works for me :c

Sleep Powder tends to work on everything but Grass Types or Pokemon with Insomnia. But all sleep moves have pretty high inaccuracy, which is why I prefer paralysis. Yawn is the most effective sleep move to use on non-running pokemon though.

Status
Not open for further replies.