• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokémon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I'm gonna be so dissapointed with Z's legendaries since ORAS basically had them all already. Seriously, what's left? mewtwo and birds? XY. dogs and the other birds? done. pixies, creation trio, moon, vulcan, sleeping giant? done. dragon trio, recolored geenies, deers? done. They will sadly never release the event legends outside the events (stupid event legendaries) so that leaves us with zygarde with 1 or 2 new forms (which could point at a X2Y2 situation) and the other kalos legends, for a grand total of 3 legendaries. I know people were complaining because of too many legendaries but this is ridiculous. Why did they not create a trio for kalos, addicionally to the main one? There has been one in every other gen! So, in short, maybe them giving us all the legendaries in ORAS was not that good of an idea because there's nothing left for the obligatory 3rd version and the legendary hunting is always a cool part of the game, especially in the 3rd versions.

This is what Game Freak does, just put in a whole batch of stuff in a pair of games, leaving not much for the next game. I wouldn't even assume there be other games after these mediocre games, if they do something with Zygarde then it might be in gen 7. But I wouldn't get my hopes up for that. And just because games like Water Blue or Grey never happened, it doesn't mean all third versions are not allow to be made/remade, it just be unlikely.

Back on topic, Volcanion would probably be available for these games after Hoopa unless they release Jirachi after Hoopa.

Last edited:

Autobot N

This is what Game Freak does, just put in a whole batch of stuff in a pair of games, leaving not much for the next game. I wouldn't even assume there be other games after these mediocre games, if they do something with Zygarde then it might be in gen 7. But I wouldn't get my hopes up for that. And just because games like Water Blue or Grey never happened, it doesn't mean all third versions are not allow to be made/remade, it just be unlikely.

Back on topic, Volcanion would probably be available for these games after Hoopa unless they release Jirachi after Hoopa.

Why are you being so negative? You were the guy who thought GF would tease us with a Deoxys battle and not let us catch him. And anyway, don't you remember that the data mining of ORAS (or the ORAS demo) revealed that there will be two more games for Gen 6? And these games will most likely focus on Zygarde, because (so far) he matches the tradition of a third Legendary Pokemon that isn't at first revealed to have any connection to the main guys, but then is expanded upon in later games. Plus, whereas Xerneas and Yveltal have a BST of 680, Zygarde only has 600, so I believe that it is very likely.

BCVM22

This is what Game Freak does, just put in a whole batch of stuff in a pair of games, leaving not much for the next game. I wouldn't even assume there be other games after these mediocre games

No, again, that they didn't follow your wish list to the letter doesn't make the games bad or mediocre nor does it speak poorly of their content distribution.

if they do something with Zygarde then it might be in gen 7. But I wouldn't get my hopes up for that.

Except we've established repeatedly how this isn't the case and how data found in X/Y's code suggests tells the tale, just as it did for Giratina and just as it did for Kyurem. It's based at least partially in fact and has nothing to do with "getting [one's] hopes up."

Last edited:

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
i'm still not accepting the fact that volcarona is a legendary (which i think it's not entirely established). You can catch larvesta in the mirage spots so, much like rotom in XY, i don't consider those legendaries.

And speaking of mirage spots...cresselia pls, you were so easy to get (maybe not as easy when roaming but still) i would rather tweak to get it if i could (like i successfully did with darkrai and shaymin) then having to wait for basically a miracle and having no choice but to keep checking every day and just hope. Sure you can spot pass or street pass or whatever but what if you can't find anyone where you live that even has a 3ds (which is my case)? I'm basically stuck with sheer dumb luck so cresselia is now an half shiny.

Prince Umbreon

Starfish and Coffee
i'm still not accepting the fact that volcarona is a legendary (which i think it's not entirely established). You can catch larvesta in the mirage spots so, much like rotom in XY, i don't consider those legendaries.

Since when is Volcarona a legendary? I was always under the impression that it was maybe just a pseudo, like Dragonite or Tyranitar.

And speaking of mirage spots...cresselia pls, you were so easy to get (maybe not as easy when roaming but still) i would rather tweak to get it if i could (like i successfully did with darkrai and shaymin) then having to wait for basically a miracle and having no choice but to keep checking every day and just hope. Sure you can spot pass or street pass or whatever but what if you can't find anyone where you live that even has a 3ds (which is my case)? I'm basically stuck with sheer dumb luck so cresselia is now an half shiny.

You can easily get around ten extra mirage spots a day by connecting to the Internet. You don't have to rely on only Streetpass for getting updated spots. I think I got Crescent Isle three days in a row once without even aiming for it, thanks to all the Passerbys over Wifi.

XXD17

Draco rex

Volcarona isn't a legendary...heck, it's not even a pseudo...it's just a powerful bug that evolves really late and skipped its pupa stage...rotom was never legendary either...

Devout

Nincada Trainer
Well they need a Pure Bug Legend about now, as there are non yet. Damn you Game Freak make one now please. Genesect i woundn't really call it a legend.

Last edited:

Rio!

Composer
Except that it is. It isn't pure Bug, but it is most definitely a Legendary.

That depends on how you define 'legendary' really.

Autobot N

Is there a definition of Legendary that excludes Genesect? I can't think of one.

Yes there is. You could say "Legendary" as in "appearing in legends", like the main trios from Gen 3 to Gen 6. This meaning would exclude the man-made Pokemon like Mewtwo and Genesect.

Last edited:

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Is there a definition of Legendary that excludes Genesect? I can't think of one.

I think they mean in the sense that Genesect was engineered, rather than being a mythical creature like most Legendary Pokemon. So in the strictest sense it's not a Legendary in that it has no legends surrounding it, similar to Mewtwo. In a gameplay context, though, Genesect is definitely a legendary since you only get one, you can't breed more of it and it's pretty strong. But in terms of story, I can see why it might be a bit confusing.

Edit: Silly ninjas.

Akashin

Yes there is. You could say "Legendary" as in "appearing in legends, like the main trios from Gen 3 to Gen 6. This meaning would exclude the man-made Pokemon like Mewtwo and Genesect.

This is a fairly meaningless distinction to bother making (and one GF doesn't, for that matter), but fair enough, I suppose we could exclude them like that.

I'm guessing that's not what Devout meant, however.

Autobot N

This is a fairly meaningless distinction to bother making (and one GF doesn't, for that matter), but fair enough, I suppose we could exclude them like that.

I'm guessing that's not what Devout meant, however.

Although, Mewtwo is a clone of Mew, who is a Legendary Pokemon (supposedly appearing on murals in Guyana, South America), while Genesect loots like a purple Kabutops with shorter claws and a gun on it's back. I'm not saying that Genesect isn't a Legendary Pokemon, though.

Devout

Nincada Trainer
Genesect > Pokemon Transformer its original form is still a mystery imo, as it was engineered.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I don't like Hoopa's unbound form, it looks ridiculous. I rather prefer the normal form to be honest. I like Volcanion though, great type combination and nice signature move. Diancie seems to be a cheap rip-off of Carbink, both similar with type combination and move set.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Actually, Diancie is a mutated form of Carbink, kind of like an unobtainable evolution, if you will. So the extreme similarities make sense.

I don't mind Unbound Hoopa. It's creepy and demonic, sure, but that provides a massive contrast with its cutesy-but-mischevious Bound form. Considering it's a djinn (i.e. genie) that warps time and space for its own amusement, you could perhaps call it a dark counterpart to Jirachi.

MatthewL13

Adequate Trainer
Anyone who has a manaphy and phione, please put in the front of your party and transfer your secret base to my game. They are the last two event pokemon I need to see in the dex. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.