• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokémon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, a large number of them have very specific requirements you need to fulfill for them to appear, many of which are not mentioned in the game at all. Thus unless you specifically look up how to do it, you wouldn't know.
I was more referring to them having some significance within the games. Sure having to visit the islands at special intervals can make it harder to get them if you don't know about it, but it didn't really make them feel legendary in-universe wise. It doesn't need to be much either, Ho-Oh/Lugia were fine with me even though the only backstory we got was about the kimono girls' relative once working there and that he brought the bell with him.

Hoopa did it, because Hoopa could do it. Hoopa seems to be a genie trickster after all.
Yeah it's heavily implied that Hoopa did it. But there is no mention of why or where they come from. Everything is just assumations. Don't get me wrong though, I like to have some room for speculation but the only thing we have to go on here is literally the yellow rings they come out of. Just having the portals there and not even explaining it in Hoopa's unlockable dialogue just seems a bit weak to me. Especially since from what we know Hoopa is more concerned about stealing treasures than transporting legendaries.

Last edited:

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
I was more referring to them having some significance within the games. Sure having to visit the islands at special intervals can make it harder to get them if you don't know about it, but it didn't really make them feel legendary in-universe wise. It doesn't need to be much either, Ho-Oh/Lugia were fine with me even though the only backstory we got was about the kimono girls' relative once working there and that he brought the bell with him.

Yeah it's heavily implied that Hoopa did it. But there is no mention of why or where they come from. Everything is just assumations. Don't get me wrong though, I like to have some room for speculation but the only thing we have to go on here is literally the yellow rings they come out of. Just having the portals there and not even explaining it in Hoopa's unlockable dialogue just seems a bit weak to me. Especially since from what we know Hoopa is more concerned about stealing treasures than transporting legendaries.

I honestly believe it (at least partially) has to do with the revelation in the Delta Episode that the inconsistencies between the various generations has to do with it being a case of multiple universes rather than a single one. The legendaries appearing from portals is because they are from alternate poke realities. Hoopa, being a genie, is a multi-dimensional entity, it makes sense that its imminent appearance would start to break down the walls between universes, causing disruptions of space and time (I.e. the portals) through which powerful entities may emerge (I.e. the legendaries).

Wow.... He sounds a lot like something straight out of Lovecraft's writings. >.<

R_N

Hoopa Unbound's special attack has him popping out of a portal and laughing as you're beaten up

I suspect the explanation, if there ever was one, would just be nothing more than "Hoopa is a jerk"

BCVM22

The legendaries appearing from portals is because they are from alternate poke realities. Hoopa, being a genie, is a multi-dimensional entity, it makes sense that its imminent appearance would start to break down the walls between universes, causing disruptions of space and time (I.e. the portals) through which powerful entities may emerge (I.e. the legendaries).

This is overthinking things and inferring quite a bit. Nothing says that Hoopa is a "multidimensional entity" or that he/she/it is pulling anything from "alternate universes". What little we know of the schtick simply implies that the bugger pulls things from one place to another using the black holes.

Autobot N

This is overthinking things and inferring quite a bit. Nothing says that Hoopa is a "multidimensional entity" or that he/she/it is pulling anything from "alternate universes". What little we know of the schtick simply implies that the bugger pulls things from one place to another using the black holes.

It can probably do both. If anime physics apply, then Hoopa can indeed transfer things from different dimensions (Groudon, Kyogre, and Shiny Ray-Ray).

Devout

Nincada Trainer
There are billions of Celebi's if you want cross dimensions.

Autobot N

Yes, this is fiction. "It" can probably do anything the writers want it to do. That doesn't mean any of the "omg alternate timelines!" overreaction factors in.

Anime physics never apply outside the anime. Even there they don't apply sometimes.

I know anime physics don't apply to games. Aren't we talking about Pokemon in general?

Anyway, I support the anti-multidimensional side. Hoopa transporting Legends from different universes seems a bit too crazy.

Krishnath

Dragon Lord

Alternate Universes in the pokemon games are Canon, accept it. It was made official in the Delta Episode but has been in play since the fourth generation. Now, that doesn't necessarily mean that Hoopa is a multidimensional entity, but it is a valid theory for why the portal rings are similar to Hoopa's rings.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
All of this alternate universe and multi-dimensions stuff is only gonna complicate things for players. I prefer it to be simple and just have third version games like Emerald and Platinum to have the true events. I am not going to take the word of a girl that almost ended Hoenn and the world with her shenanigans. I am disappointed that we can have only one part of cave mural in Granite Cave as it would have better to both sides. The legends about Hoopa would probably just be legends until proven else wise.

Devout

Nincada Trainer
Couldn't Celebi stop Hoopa cause Celebi does have time travel/Dimensional ability like in the movies?

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
All of this alternate universe and multi-dimensions stuff is only gonna complicate things for players. I prefer it to be simple and just have third version games like Emerald and Platinum to have the true events.

Not really. The only thing Zinnia's words implies is "every game is part of canon" and nothing more, which is honestly much better than tossing aside older games as if they never happened and saying
"this new game is the only canon game." Anything that seems complicated is on the person's interpretation, not what Zinnia said about it.

Hoopa and the rings in ORAS is a separate thing that may or may not have any explanation, though honestly I don't think it really needs one. R_N already said it but I'm not expecting anything more than "Hoopa is a jerk" and that's it. If even that.

BCVM22

Alternate Universes in the pokemon games are Canon, accept it.

"Accept it". Thanks. I could also not, i.e. I could elect to not overreact to a line of dialogue that people are taking to mean any number of things that it does not necessarily mean.

Now, that doesn't necessarily mean that Hoopa is a multidimensional entity, but it is a valid theory for why the portal rings are similar to Hoopa's rings.

What's better than a "valid theory"? Not leaping to unsupported conclusions and not needing a theory in the first place.

Starforce2

Over the past few days I've managed to get most of the legendaries. I don't have a elvel 100 pokemon or a wailord so those are out for now but the legendary dogs are really giving me issues. There has got to be a trick to this but I keep shutting the game down (as I've saved before hitting the ring) and they are taking an enormous number of balls, sometimes using my entire supply to no avail, 50-60 turns into a battle of suicune and I throw a timer ball only to have it fail immediately and a pokeball or primier ball go 3 wiggles and pop. I had 250k coin but now to like 120k now, if this keeps up I'll go broke buying ultraballs before getting all the legendaries and I hear the 2 in the delta ep are higher than level 50.

Any ideas? I mean suicune himself aint much of a problem. usualy 2 hits with thunder fang and switching in for mega metagross using hold back gets him down to 1 hp, but he wont stay in a ball..any ball...no matter how many I throw. Enti was an expensive catch and I've still got rikou left..This is crazy

Riakou is going the same way...someone must know a trick to this..

Last edited:

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
Over the past few days I've managed to get most of the legendaries. I don't have a elvel 100 pokemon or a wailord so those are out for now but the legendary dogs are really giving me issues. There has got to be a trick to this but I keep shutting the game down (as I've saved before hitting the ring) and they are taking an enormous number of balls, sometimes using my entire supply to no avail, 50-60 turns into a battle of suicune and I throw a timer ball only to have it fail immediately and a pokeball or primier ball go 3 wiggles and pop. I had 250k coin but now to like 120k now, if this keeps up I'll go broke buying ultraballs before getting all the legendaries and I hear the 2 in the delta ep are higher than level 50.

Any ideas? I mean suicune himself aint much of a problem. usualy 2 hits with thunder fang and switching in for mega metagross using hold back gets him down to 1 hp, but he wont stay in a ball..any ball...no matter how many I throw. Enti was an expensive catch and I've still got rikou left..This is crazy

Riakou is going the same way...someone must know a trick to this..

1) Quick Ball each of them on the first turn. You might get lucky.
2) Battle them at Night and bring Dusk Balls, Timer Balls, a High level Pokemon that can tank hits with Spore (for Raikou/ Electric and Ground types) and T-Wave for all others.
3) Weaken them with A High level False Swipe/Hold Back user.
4) Paralyze or Spore when needed and chuck Dusk balls until turn 30, then alternate between Dusk and Timer Balls.
5) ???
6) Profit.

The main thing is that you are just getting unlucky, which just happens :(. Quick and Dusk balls can be bought in Fallarbor Town, while Timer Balls can be bought in Rustboro City.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Any ideas? I mean suicune himself aint much of a problem. usualy 2 hits with thunder fang and switching in for mega metagross using hold back gets him down to 1 hp, but he wont stay in a ball..any ball...no matter how many I throw.
Have you tried using Net Ball on Suicune?I think it's the most useful to get it...

Starforce2

Have you tried using Net Ball on Suicune?I think it's the most useful to get it...

I almost did get him with a net ball and a poke/primier balls, shut the game off because all I had was the master left. I need to give myself an education on the secret bases, as it's a part of the game I never explored, even in the originals, but I guess you can get extra masterballs which might help before I go after the delta episode and space/time duo and ofcourse do the trading between my other version (but thats a long way off, only got my starter for that one)

I almost did get him with a net ball and a poke/primier balls, shut the game off because all I had was the master left. I need to give myself an education on the secret bases, as it's a part of the game I never explored, even in the originals, but I guess you can get extra masterballs which might help before I go after the delta episode and space/time duo and ofcourse do the trading between my other version (but thats a long way off, only got my starter for that one)

I recommend just buying a bunch of ultra balls, keep a pokemon with thunder wave in the lead, paralyze suicune, then just keep throwing ultra balls. I don't recommend lowering it's health because legends having full health or even 1 health has never really made a noticeable difference for me, since I was able to catch every catchable legend in Omega Ruby using this method.

Starforce2

How does one use the Eon ticket? I thought I read I had to show it to someone, I thought it was the final gym leader but I can't find where I saw the information now. I am going to keep a venomoth with me till it gets higher in level and maybe when I do omega ruby I'll have a pokemon with sleep or something, I don't have anything that can go against legendaries with sleep or thunderwave right now, unless the recent serperior can learn grass whistle somehow..I've not checked on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.