• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokémon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince Umbreon

Starfish and Coffee
Everyone's suddenly talking about which places to go for high chances to get the Eon Ticket, and I just came across it randomly while walking around a small college campus. The event has been out for a while, so it's been spread pretty widely by now I would think. Just take your 3DS to any areas that get a lot of traffic or crowds and you'll come across the ticket eventually. Subway stations, school, work (if you commute to a decent sized city), heck a friend of mine in a few towns over got it while hanging out at a Starbucks one day.

Chances are you'll come across someone with it at the most unlikeliest of times, so keeping your system with you even when out grocery shopping could land you a ticket.

Rexitron

Treecko Ninja
I can't really understand what everyone's problem with the eon ticket is, but that's just because I got mine by dumb luck at my local McDonalds a week after the event started. I also just don't understand why it's so important to some people. I guess it's just me.

Side question. What are the legendary pokémon, if any, that can't be obtained via the mirage spots. (Don't say event legends because I already know that)

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
IIRC, the only non-mirage spot legends are: Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mew, Mewtwo, Celebi, Jirachi, Darkrai, Manaphy, Phione, Arceus, Shaymin, Genesect, Meloetta, Keldeo, Yveltal, Zygarde, Xerneas, Diancie, Latios, Latias, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Deoxys, Regirock, Regice, Registeel and Regigigas. So basically, the event legends, the legends from XY and the legends you can interact with. Volcanion and Hoopa, no-one knows about, but I get the feeling Hoopa's going to have some connection to mirage spots.

Rexitron

Treecko Ninja
I feel the same way about Hoopa since most of the artwork has him holding his rings in a way that makes them look like the portals the legendaries come through. I can't wait to see how they tie Hoopa in.

It does seem odd that the bird trio can't be obtained through the mirage spots considering nearly every other trio is in the game, but it is probably an attempted selling point for X/Y and the use of the PokéBank.

I never really expected the event legends to get in. Which is why Deoxys appearing in game really surprised me.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Wait, wait, on what "principle" "shouldn't they be doing it"?

Maybe I was over exaggerating, but just the fact that it's so selective and luck based. That was me speaking as a player though, when I look at it as fan of the game, I actually have a respect for it, as it makes it that much more special, and often that "special" factor is lost on Legendary Pokemon, as anyone can get them.

Autobot N

Well this is just fancy. Japan gets a distribution of Arceus for prebooking the movie. Stupid them and their exclusive events.

malcolm_n

Pokemon Collector
Hmm, wish I had thought to bring my 3ds with me on my trip to FL. I probably could have gotten the Eon Ticket then, but now I'll have to hope I can snag it another time. I'm going to look up the power saves method that I've seen floating around here in hopes that I can get it that way (that's a legal method, yes?)

Any chance the Coro-Coro shiny Rayquaza will be distributed to the US in any way?

Akashin

Are you calling me a woman? 0_0

...No. No he isn't.

Hmm, wish I had thought to bring my 3ds with me on my trip to FL. I probably could have gotten the Eon Ticket then, but now I'll have to hope I can snag it another time. I'm going to look up the power saves method that I've seen floating around here in hopes that I can get it that way (that's a legal method, yes?)

Any chance the Coro-Coro shiny Rayquaza will be distributed to the US in any way?

Any chance? Absolutely; there's no ironclad rule saying they won't. Whether or not they will is something that can't be said as of now.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Not enough people outside of Japan are willing enough to preorder a movie ticket just to get some event Pokemon, not saying those people aren't out there but it overall wouldn't be worth the effort on TPCI's part.

And Hydro Cannon and Blast Burn suck as a whole anyway lol.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
First Twister Rayquaza and now Hydro Cannon/Blast Burn Arceus? What happened to our events with cool stuff like V-create Rayquaza and Shift Gear Genesect? At least this will be a Gen 6 Arceus event though, that's worth something.

NotABeginningTrainer

Did Arceus have earth power before? If it did then why not just give it frenzy plant to complete the trio. I know those moves suck, but it would be nice just for appearances.

Akashin

Did Arceus have earth power before? If it did then why not just give it frenzy plant to complete the trio. I know those moves suck, but it would be nice just for appearances.

Arceus has always had Earth Power, yes.

The only possible reason I can think of that even vaguely explains it is Blast Burn and Hydro Cannon elementally tying in with Groudon and Kyogre, but there's no reason to think that means anything.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
So I beat the game and now I'm in the Delta Episode and I went back to the Cave of Origins to catch Kyogre since I defeated it at first. It's not there though. What else do I have to do to make it spawn again?

Prince Umbreon

Starfish and Coffee
Not enough people outside of Japan are willing enough to preorder a movie ticket just to get some event Pokemon, not saying those people aren't out there but it overall wouldn't be worth the effort on TPCI's part.

And Hydro Cannon and Blast Burn suck as a whole anyway lol.

Harharr, I might be one of the few to preorder just for the sake of the event. I've been wanting my own Arceus for a while, and although I got one through trading in Platinum, it's an obvious hack since it was a Hall of Origin encounter. I'm not sure if it would make it through PokeBank or not, but I never planned on doing it anyway. Transferring hacks just takes the fun out of it.

I really hope they don't keep up with all these exclusive events though. If they do something like this for the upcoming Hoopa event I'll be very sore. :/

Assuming that this Acreus event is distributed in NA at some point, then I can't wait. :)
Arceus is one of those event Pokemon I've always wanted to have for some time now, and it looks like I might get my wish.

Also, I have to ask, why is it that Hydro Cannon and Blast Burn are automatically classified as bad on this specific Arceus?
If it's because they're both elemental Hyper Beams than, okay, I can understand that. I'd never have two of the same of those kinds of moves on any of my Pokemon as well.
Or is this some competitive thing I'm missing?

Just curious, is all, because I have a feeling I might be missing something here...

Last edited:

BCVM22

So I beat the game and now I'm in the Delta Episode and I went back to the Cave of Origins to catch Kyogre since I defeated it at first. It's not there though. What else do I have to do to make it spawn again?

The tunnel from which you emerged after the first encounter has an ingress on the left side of one of the upper floors. Take it down to the core chamber.

Status
Not open for further replies.