• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokémon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Legendary Pokémon Discussion

Discuss the legendary Pokémon found in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire here, ranging from Groudon and Kyogre to the plethora of legendaries found flying around the Hoenn region.

As with all other threads here, remember to keep all posts on-topic and to avoid making pointless one-liners such as "TOO MANY LEGENDS!!!" or "I agree." In other words, make sure your posts contribute to some sort of discussion. Failure to follow the section rules will result in infractions.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Might as well start things off with this:

While I love that we can fly around catch all of these legendaries, I have one major problem, what about the hypothetical Z (X2/Y2?) Version? This leaves no legendaries to be caught there. While I like having a lot of legendaries in this game, I'm upset the the next probably won't have a descent amount of them to catch.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I'm really liking the legendary selection in this game. I'm impressed that they managed to include all of the other mascot legends in this game (and their distribution method is interesting to say the least). I think I'll enjoy searching for them.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Do we know if we'll actually battle and catch Latios/Latias at Southern Island like we could before, or do they simply join our teams as gift Pokemon of sorts?

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Might as well start things off with this:

While I love that we can fly around catch all of these legendaries, I have one major problem, what about the hypothetical Z (X2/Y2?) Version? This leaves no legendaries to be caught there. While I like having a lot of legendaries in this game, I'm upset the the next probably won't have a descent amount of them to catch.

They've not been deterred by repetition before. Hence the two sets of Winged Mirages in Gen IV. We could see that again here. (Also, if it's Z, then presumably, we will be able to catch both Xerneas and Yveltal in one game, and if it's X2Y2, then we will instead likely be able to catch the opposite of the first games' mascots.)

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
They've not been deterred by repetition before. Hence the two sets of Winged Mirages in Gen IV. We could see that again here. (Also, if it's Z, then presumably, we will be able to catch both Xerneas and Yveltal in one game, and if it's X2Y2, then we will instead likely be able to catch the opposite of the first games' mascots.)

Had to google what Winged Mirage meant, I've never heard that one before.

They could do duplicates, but it leaves nothing new. At least Platinum and HG/SS had things that set each other apart as far a legendaries go. It would be the first time since Crystal Version that a game does not feature legendaries that were previously unobtainable in a generation.

DanteKoriyu

In addition to these options, if they really want to give us more Legends in the next Kalos game, they could always unbind the Winged Mirages from your starter and allow you to nab all three. That would bring us up to 6 or 7 depending on if they take the third version or sequel route. It's not a lot, but it helps to beef things up to a more standard level, without going overboard for some people's tastes.

(Though I personally wouldn't mind if they brought all the extra ORAS Legends into the next Kalos game too. Collecting them is one of my favorite parts of the series.)

diakyu

Do we know if we'll actually battle and catch Latios/Latias at Southern Island like we could before, or do they simply join our teams as gift Pokemon of sorts?
It seems that the eon you get during the main story doesn't fight you but the one accessed via the eon ticket most likely does.

And this talk about Z is lame now since Masuda made it seem like something like Z isn't happening. But it's a topic for another day.

Last edited:

Bakphoon™

Heated Fury
I am sure Hoopa will be there in the game. I am sure I saw a picture of it in a Coro Coro leak somewhere. But anyway, I see Hoopa strongly being related to the black hole in some island.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I am sure I saw a picture of it in a Coro Coro leak somewhere.

Hoopa is not in any of the Corocoro leaks. It has not even been officially revealed yet.

shadowF

so what do you guys think of latios/latias being given to us instead of roaming this time? based on the trailer. I think that perhaps this means we will get them in the main game? or perhaps it is aprt of the story post game since it says that you and steven team up to battle some "beasts".

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
so what do you guys think of latios/latias being given to us instead of roaming this time? based on the trailer. I think that perhaps this means we will get them in the main game? or perhaps it is aprt of the story post game since it says that you and steven team up to battle some "beasts".

My thought is that they still roam like normal, but the ones from the Southern Island event are given to you for free.

Creyk

Well since it befriends us, we don't have to search for it.
It will probably be a part of the storyline
Thank god, Roaming is so annoying sometimes

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Lugia and Zekrom are in Omega Ruby. <3

I'm fine with befriending Latios/as. It's better than roaming.

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES

Never really bothered me, but I kinda want to at least fight them before befriending them, but make it so I don't have to catch them for them to be mine.

shadowF

wait where was this confirmed? I cant find it anywhere.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

Which really burns me up tbh. My two favorite Legends are exclusive to OR while I'll be stuck with Ho-Oh and Reshiram. Alas, at least AS has Dialga instead of Palkia.

SurrealistSmeargle

My thought is that they still roam like normal, but the ones from the Southern Island event are given to you for free.

From the looks of the main site, it's the reverse. There's a postgame(?) event whereby you defend your game's 'natural' eon (Os for OR, As fo AS oh hey they kinda match) against attackers with Steven, and that one will join your team voluntarily, a la Mega Lucario in X/Y. The Eon Ticket on the other hand, involves only you as the player (with some guidance from Norman), and will probably be your typical 'Encounter & fight pokemon' event on Southern Island.

Status
Not open for further replies.