• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokémon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
The third legendary for the sets will be available. That is all we know; how we will unlock them is unknown.

Probably the usual...

Trade over the exclusive Legendary from the other version. Bring them together to access the third.

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
Probably so that we would not rely to much on backwards compatibility. And for the sake of accessibility, especially for those who are new to the series.
I actually like what they're doing. All Pokemon should be obtainable in just a single gen alone.

But it is interesting that they didn't save much for the the next main Gen 6 title. That's one less post-game stuff to do though... which is a bit worrisome.

What do you mean exactly by "the next main Gen 6 title"? You mean a Gen 6 game after ORAS?

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
What do you mean exactly by "the next main Gen 6 title"? You mean a Gen 6 game after ORAS?

Most likely the next kalos region game that would focus on Zygarde considering how its bst is 600 while the other two are at 680. Anyway I wonder if we can save and restart when battling legends in the sky or do we save on the ground?

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Most likely the next kalos region game that would focus on Zygarde considering how its bst is 600 while the other two are at 680. Anyway I wonder if we can save and restart when battling legends in the sky or do we save on the ground?

Oh god...Welcome to the hell of soft reseting...

rocky505

Just make sure you have a Pokemon with Synchronize at the front of the party with the nature you want that Legendary to have. That would cut back the SRing a tad if that stuff happens.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I love what they're doing with the legendaries.

Makes me curious if we'll get events for the event exclusives of the past. As some(Like Jirachi, the only one I need) haven't been available in the US for YEARS.

Autobot N

I believe that AS will have Dialga, Zekrom, and Lugia, and OR will have Palkia, Resheraim, and Ho-oh. While I was looking through the code for the demo (modified AS), some of the battle themes were Vs. Dialga, Vs. Zekrom, and Vs. Ho-oh.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I believe that AS will have Dialga, Zekrom, and Lugia, and OR will have Palkia, Resheraim, and Ho-oh. While I was looking through the code for the demo (modified AS), some of the battle themes were Vs. Dialga, Vs. Zekrom, and Vs. Ho-oh.

I thought AS was going to have Dialga, Reshiram and Ho-Oh, unless that changed?

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
I thought AS was going to have Dialga, Reshiram and Ho-Oh, unless that changed?

If I'm getting the source right, Get TV implied that it was actually Zekrom, Palkia and Lugia for AS, but it hasn't been confirmed either way as the main site doesn't say.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Oh god...Welcome to the hell of soft reseting...

We already have the hell of soft resetting three times already, so it's more like another hell of soft resetting :p

B2/W2 starter, X/Y starter, the currently ongoing Diancie event, all are hell to SR. Hopefully the legends in OR/AS aren't that annoying to SR.

I love what they're doing with the legendaries.

Makes me curious if we'll get events for the event exclusives of the past. As some(Like Jirachi, the only one I need) haven't been available in the US for YEARS.

Meanwhile, Japan gets TWO Shiny Jirachi events so close to each other xD

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
Was looking at the relatively new info of the dumps again and noticed this:
CONFIRMED: PRIMAL REVERSION does not prevent MEGA EVOLUTION or vice versa. Can have both. (2 primals too!)
CONFIRMED: RED/BLUE ORB HELD ITEMS trigger PRIMAL REVERSION when the Pokemon is switched in.

Does this mean Knock Off can strip them of their items? That would be really useful to know.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
it'll probably just work like it does for Griseous/Drives/Plates/Mega Stones on their respective Pokemon

taking a guess and saying you can't reverse the Reversion with Knock Off

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
it'll probably just work like it does for Griseous/Drives/Plates/Mega Stones on their respective Pokemon

taking a guess and saying you can't reverse the Reversion with Knock Off

I'd assume so, since it is changing form.
P-Kyogre + M-Swampert = Destroy all.

Rio!

Composer
We already have the hell of soft resetting three times already, so it's more like another hell of soft resetting :p

B2/W2 starter, X/Y starter, the currently ongoing Diancie event, all are hell to SR. Hopefully the legends in OR/AS aren't that annoying to SR.

Let's not forget Xerneas/Yveltal, I found those to be a pain as well. XD

I do wonder if we'll ever see a Jirachi event of some sort too.

Was looking at the relatively new info of the dumps again and noticed this:

Does this mean Knock Off can strip them of their items? That would be really useful to know.

I wonder if they'll be set up like Giratina's Griseous Orb and Arceus' plates; they can't be knocked off/removed/stolen. I'm curious now too.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
What? Some of those are exclusive? I didn't plan on starting AS until I had most of OR done, guess I have to start sooner.
I'm not sending older Pokemon of mine to the main game unless they are an event exclusive. I must catch/trade the others.

I know. xD
I just want ONE regular Jirachi event in the USA. I don't want a shiny.

HRRlion

2795 4358 7025
I'm sure we'll see a Deoxys and Jirachi event, as well as the second unreleased legend from XY.

OkazakiTheOtaku

Annoying Nerd
I've been a long time lurker on the forums, but I just wanted to put in my two cents.
I feel like the legends in ΩRuby and ɑSapphire (including the Mirage ones) will not be shiny locked. In my opinion, the reason why Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygarde were in XY was because they were new Pokémon. Unexperienced, if you will.

But it's different now. We've had these Pokémon before. So to me, it doesn't make sense to shiny-lock them. Just my opinion.

Illusio

No words, only rage
I've been a long time lurker on the forums, but I just wanted to put in my two cents.
I feel like the legends in ΩRuby and ɑSapphire (including the Mirage ones) will not be shiny locked. In my opinion, the reason why Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygarde were in XY was because they were new Pokémon. Unexperienced, if you will.

But it's different now. We've had these Pokémon before. So to me, it doesn't make sense to shiny-lock them. Just my opinion.

They shiny locked Mewtwo despite us being able to get it before, so I wouldn't be surprised if they did the same here.

DanteKoriyu

Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres and even the Snorlax were shiny locked.
Wouldn't be surprised if all the ORAS legends were shiny locked, along with overworld encounter Pokemon like Kecleon.

Status
Not open for further replies.