• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokémon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

chibiowl

Someone on GameFAQs was nice enough to give out free cloned Diancies and I managed to get one yesterday. :) Had 4 maxed IVs, with a Hasty nature. Not gonna use it though because I'm kinda OCD about nicknames and I don't use stuff that can't be nicknamed.

Zoldakin

Someone on GameFAQs was nice enough to give out free cloned Diancies and I managed to get one yesterday. :) Had 4 maxed IVs, with a Hasty nature. Not gonna use it though because I'm kinda OCD about nicknames and I don't use stuff that can't be nicknamed.

actually, bit of a stickler, but what you characterized is OCPD (and a very slight case if that), not OCD. Also, I got mine on Friday. SR for a quiet and got lucky with ivs in both defenses and SpA. Live in New York so gonna abuse all the gamestops for another code or two XD. Can you do the same event in one game twice? If not I still have both copies so I can get at least two.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I am looking forward to the Rayquaza plot in the post story, it seems interesting but I still prefer the Emerald story where Rayquaza puts a stop to Kyogre and Groudon's fighting.

fitzy909

Just another guy
I am looking forward to the Rayquaza plot in the post story, it seems interesting but I still prefer the Emerald story where Rayquaza puts a stop to Kyogre and Groudon's fighting.
It makes more sense in Emerald, as Rayquaza has done this before, but any plot is a good plot.

DanteKoriyu

It makes more sense in Emerald, as Rayquaza has done this before, but any plot is a good plot.

Why does it make more sense in Emerald? We have the lore for ORAS on the official website. Rayquaza stopped them in the past for the remakes as well:

It was a primal age, early in the world's history... The natural world was overflowing with energy. That energy granted Groudon and Kyogre an overwhelming power. Seeking ever more of that energy for themselves, the two clashed again and again, and their battles cast the people and Pokémon of Hoenn into great danger. Brimming with the overwhelming power granted by the energy of nature, this transformation was named by later people "Primal Reversion." And the people called their tormentors Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre.

One Pokémon looked down upon this battle from the sky above. The Pokémon that dances in the heavens: Rayquaza. Rayquaza is venerated by the people of Hoenn as their protector and savior. When Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre had battled for 20 dawns and 20 nights, the world began to lose its natural balance and tilt toward destruction. The people, unable to endure any more, cried out to their mighty savior Rayquaza before a great stone that shone with rainbow brilliance. And a change came upon Rayquaza, weaving in the sky above Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre. Suffused in brilliant light, its body began to transform visibly. And then...

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Why does it make more sense in Emerald? We have the lore for ORAS on the official website. Rayquaza stopped them in the past for the remakes as well:

Some of us actually wanted to see the battle in the present, not the past. As far as I am aware, that lore doesn't mean anything to me as it is in the past. I heard of a character that might have something to do with the Rayquaza plot, sounds interesting.

Lugia 88

I'm still looking around on the internet to find out which main mascot legendaries will be for which version, some say Omega Ruby will have the ones I want others say Alpha Sapphire, wish Nintendo will spill the beans on it so much confusion going on with that and the eon ticket event. Maybe its for streetpass for Japan, but elsewhere its going to be Wi-Fi or etc. I really hope Lugia is in Omega Ruby but I can deal with having Alpha Sapphire if Lugia is in that. I guess on the release I'm going to buy a guide book and see.

Autobot N

I'm getting OR on the day of release, then I will be buying AS with Christmas money, so i get all of them.

Lugia 88

I'm getting OR on the day of release, then I will be buying AS with Christmas money, so i get all of them.

Yeah that what I might to too, get one of them and then beat it then get the other. I think the main website gives a hint on which version will have the mirage legendary pokemon, on the left(omega ruby) Ho-Oh, Dialga, Reshiram. On the right(alpha sapphire) Lugia, Palkia, Zekrom

oh information about the Eon Ticket for the US,http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/get-the-eon-ticket-via-streetpass/

Last edited:

DanteKoriyu

Some of us actually wanted to see the battle in the present, not the past. As far as I am aware, that lore doesn't mean anything to me as it is in the past. I heard of a character that might have something to do with the Rayquaza plot, sounds interesting.

Ah, I misinterpreted what you were saying. I thought you meant that Rayquaza appearing in the main ORAS story wouldn't have made sense because the originals didn't really reference him in the titan's battle in the past. So it only made sense for him to show up like that in Emerald, where the trio got their expanded lore.

Yeah, I've written more than a couple scenarios across the ORAS section of the forum detailing how they could have brought in Rayquaza into the main story to break up the fight, while still abiding by the split theme of the paired version. Would have been nice to see, but it doesn't seem likely at all. I can only hope the dragon's post game plot is pretty good.

My main worry is that Soaring might replace Fly completely...

We already know it doesn't. They told us you can use Fly from one of the map portions of the PokeNav Plus (if you have a Pokemon with the move in your party). So it's still there.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
My main worry is that Soaring might replace Fly completely...

Fly is still available and is still HM02. Along with Cut, Surf and Strength, it's a standard mechanic. So, I doubt it'll ever be removed or replaced.

Soaring is just an additional feature in order to add exploration into the game and reach places inaccessible by Fly (because Fly is limited to places with Pokemon Centers only).
I doubt this feature will become a staple in future titles. Besides, it's limited to Lati@s. And not everyone will keep a Lati in their party throughout the whole game.

Steven Hunyady

Aura Master
Well that's good to know. I'm still kinda mad about how the Eon Ticket event will work, because around here there's virtually a 0% chance of someone having it. I hope this won't be the only way, like how they gave multible ways to get the ORAS demo. If there won't be any alternatives, I would actually rather transfer or trade over the Lati from another game.

Last edited:

Dragrath

Dragon Onslaught
Rayquaza's catch rate has been increased to 45, which is the same as Zekrom/Reshiram, which means capturing it won't be much of a problem

Wonder why they increased Rayquaza's catch rate and not Groudon/Kyogre

Actually if you think about it, it makes sense for Rayquaza to be equally important, because it's the one that stops the clashing of Kyogre and Groudon, and even neutralizes their abilities with its own.

from these two things I'm beginning to suspect that Rayquaza is the legend we will have to catch in these games rather than Groudon Kyogre. As all legends with a catch rate of 45 have been required for progression.

(then this mysterious women could be involved in tutoring Rayquaza's signature move/mega evolving it.

This is further supported by the lore mentions were it was "the will of the people" that led Rayquaza to mega evolve and end the conflict between the primals

Perhaps our first encounter with Groudon and Kyogre will be a battle against Groudon/Kyogre under team magma/aqua control or just an encounter where we can't catch them... (aka the B2W2 treatment with Kyurem)

This probably means that if Rayquaza can't be caught pre E-4 then none of the weather trio will be obtainable Pre E-4...

XXD17

Draco rex
Honestly, since I'm more or less convinced that there will be no more megas for ORAS, I think this CoroCoro would probably reveal Hoopa...it has a form that is relevant to ORAS and it's been a while since the Diancie movie...plus, it may very well play a role in the groudon/ kyogre movie with its hoop shenanigans and whatnot that happen to bring the two primals together...I would like to be wrong though and get more megas...

Furthermore, based on its stats, would choice scarf trick hoopa be viable? It has pretty good special bulk and can get a leg up on sucker punch users this way...

On another note, I would be VERY disappointed if only the in game rayquaza can mega...I already have a perfect IV jolly rayquaza with V-create ready to go...I REALLY don't look forward to more soft-resetting...

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I don't think they usually reveal event Pokemon until around the time when they're revealed to star in the next movie. Hoopa's probably going to appear in the next movie, so it'll probably be a while before it's reveal, probably not for a few months.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'd much rather see a Volcanion reveal. I'm still waiting for him... :/

On another note, I would be VERY disappointed if only the in game rayquaza can mega...I already have a perfect IV jolly rayquaza with V-create ready to go...I REALLY don't look forward to more soft-resetting...

Same here. I really want to see shiny Mega Rayquaza and the ingame one is probably shiny locked.

R_N

I don't think they usually reveal event Pokemon until around the time when they're revealed to star in the next movie. Hoopa's probably going to appear in the next movie, so it'll probably be a while before it's reveal, probably not for a few months.

February is usually when they do so.

disboardvagrant

well over 9000
Furthermore, based on its stats, would choice scarf trick hoopa be viable? It has pretty good special bulk and can get a leg up on sucker punch users this way...

Hmm that's definitely a viable concept. Scarfed hoopa will most likely be a thing, since speed hinders his sweeping potentials. Trick may or may not be used, although using trick may actually allow Hoopa to make use of his magician ability. Though to be honest, Hoopa would probably not want to stay in on anything that abuses sucker punch anyways (bisharp, cacturne) and trick then becomes quite the gamble if you want to stay in and use it there.

Hoopa aside, my concern lies with mega rayquaza and his home the sky pillar.... mainly mach biking through the sky pillar in 3-D. IT WAS HARD ENOUGH ON 2-D. Biking through sky pillar caused me to rage way harder than catching the actual legendary.

Status
Not open for further replies.