• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokémon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragrath

Dragon Onslaught
I'm pleasntly suprised (read shocked) that Game freak has demoted a mythic pokemon to catchable. This is a good thing for the series I feel as with gen 6 there are too many mythic pokemon in the game especially with the current trend for events having shied away from legendaries. Its good that GF have recognized that they have too many events to handle anymore and thats some would be better as post game content.

Already among "mythic pokemon some seem less so, Some such as Arceus Mew Jirachi Celebi and Manaphy will probably never be standard But I can see Darkrai one day getting demoted.

But the real question what is the odds this isn't a troll move? (where you fight it but can't catch it or where this episode actually requires some event trigger...)

BeneathTheWaves

Team FroakieMander!
I wonder WHY there are so many legendaries in ORAS. I feel like something is about to happen and they want us to have the opportunity to "Catch em all" before they do something.... alsooo alsooo I wonder if any of them will be shiny locked.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I'm pleasntly suprised (read shocked) that Game freak has demoted a mythic pokemon to catchable. This is a good thing for the series I feel as with gen 6 there are too many mythic pokemon in the game especially with the current trend for events having shied away from legendaries. Its good that GF have recognized that they have too many events to handle anymore and thats some would be better as post game content.

Already among "mythic pokemon some seem less so, Some such as Arceus Mew Jirachi Celebi and Manaphy will probably never be standard But I can see Darkrai one day getting demoted.

But the real question what is the odds this isn't a troll move? (where you fight it but can't catch it or where this episode actually requires some event trigger...)

I have to disagree with you. Anyone can catch just about any Pokemon in the game, so having event-exclusive legendaries make having one that much more special. I do think it's lame when we can't catch them, like in 5th and 6th Generations so far, but it still makes them different. (This is coming from a guy who lives in a small town and has to drive 45-60 minutes to get to a Gamestop or other store for an event)

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Why would Deoxys even be in the game, given post-game storyline involvement, when you can't catch/obtain it to begin with?
Seriously people...

jse

Pokémon Imaginer
Looks like GF is focusing on ensuring we can get as many Legendaries from different Gens as possible. Can't wait for the games to release! My ORAS!

>All these legendaries being made available

It's like I died and went to Legendary heaven! :)

This "Episode Delta" thing sound really interesting.
If we do actually end up going to space, that will be so cool!

Last edited:

blue8arman

Castform Fanatic
It seems GameFreak is making way for players to obtain Legendaries from other generations. I got a feeling that the Legendary Beast Trio will be like the Legendary Bird Trio in XY. The Kami Trio, Thundurus and Tornadus will be version exclusives, and Landorus will be summoned when the two are in the same game. The Musketeer Trio, the Sinnoh Pixies, Cresselia, and Heatran would probably be on islands accessible by Soar. Anyone notice that the Legendaries we can catch are the same as BWB2W2 Legendary distribution except for the Creation Trio, Tower Duo, and Legendary Beast Trio?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Anyone notice that the Legendaries we can catch are the same as BWB2W2 Legendary distribution except for the Creation Trio, Tower Duo, and Legendary Beast Trio?

Yeah... Gen VI takes a lot of ques from Gen IV and copypastes a lot of from Gen V. That's been the case for a while.

Now, on to the topic, I'm surprised that we now have an event-exclusive Pokémon available as in-game Pokémon, without any event activation. GF is slowly and surely accepting that we really have too many species at this point. Assuming of course, this is not another thing in the vein of the original Deoxys event in Emerald.

This also confirms that Hoopa's reveal won't be delayed, since there any other event between the current ones and any new ones like Manaphy can easily take place prior to Hoopa's reveal in February, or its alternate forme reveal in Summer 2015.

You mean Manaphy? Phione's not that hard to obtain.

Yes, if you trade for it. Phione was never made available in-game outside of My Pokémon Ranch event even though it is basically the same as Carbink.

Last edited:

Rio!

Composer
I wonder WHY there are so many legendaries in ORAS. I feel like something is about to happen and they want us to have the opportunity to "Catch em all" before they do something.... alsooo alsooo I wonder if any of them will be shiny locked.

Orrr it could be that GF is finally listening to the issues people have with obtaining earlier pokemon without owning the game/attending events.
I kind of think of it as a massive 'reset' of sorts so people can actually use more recent pokemon without relying on Bank.
Could also be a way to gradually phase out the use of earlier 'mons to start with and use more recent ones.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Orrr it could be that GF is finally listening to the issues people have with obtaining earlier pokemon without owning the game/attending events.
I kind of think of it as a massive 'reset' of sorts so people can actually use more recent pokemon without relying on Bank.
Could also be a way to gradually phase out the use of earlier 'mons to start with and use more recent ones.

I would consider it more as a means of phasing out the DS era, to be honest. We have already seen several Gen IV moves make their way into OR/AS movepools, and X/Y and OR/AS are basically 3D versions of Black 2/White 2, even if Telekinesis and Pluck are still relatively rare.

But really, all Pokémon appearing in a single generation has been the case since Gen V, it was only in Gen V we actually missed some of the distributions, at least worldwide(Japan got everything besides Unown).

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Tbh, I'd like an easy way to obtain Manaphy in OR/AS, although given what happened to Victini, Keldeo and Shaymin, we may only get Manaphy through another event. Sigh. Speaking of which, has Giratina been confirmed to be catchable in OR/AS?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Tbh, I'd like an easy way to obtain Manaphy in OR/AS, although given what happened to Victini, Keldeo and Shaymin, we may only get Manaphy through another event. Sigh. Speaking of which, has Giratina been confirmed to be catchable in OR/AS?

IIRC, its theme was in the demo dump.

Aetius

I too am happy that we will be able to catch so many legendaries in just two games. :)
I just hope that they will give us the chance of either catching or downloading as events Jirachi and Deoxys. :D

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
I am very pleased to get so many legendary pokemons in ORA. I just wish Sword of Justice is in Alpha sapphire and they have their iriginal battle music with them. They are my favorite trio.

ryanthehuman

Just a quick thought I had - given that the Bird Trio appear at Sea Spirit's Den after roaming in XY, could it be feasible that the Dog Trio appear in Scorched Slab after roaming? Sea Spirit's Den seems to be a reference to Lugia, the Bird Trio's master. Scorched Slab would be a fitting place to reference Ho-oh, the Dog Trio's master, in retrospect.

It's really cool that Deoxys might be catchable in-game as well. There are so many event Pokemon now that it's going to be difficult for GF to distribute all of them within each generation, so little by little introducing them as in-game catches will reduce the load, especially considering that each generation is likely to introduce around 3 mythical Pokemon every time. Perhaps in Gen VII we can expect to see Darkrai and Shaymin catchable, too. Then Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect in Gen VIII, etc. I expect that the likes of Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy, Arsues and Victini will remain event Pokemon until the end of time, but I'd assume that the others would be fair game as the series ages.

As for locations, here's my predictions:
  • One of Raikou/Suicune/Entei depending on the starter you pick. Initially roaming, after a certain amount of encounters they can be battled and captured at Scorched Slab.
  • Lugia/Ho-oh (version exclusives) found in the sky when the Silver/Rainbow Wing is in the players bag
  • Regi trio catchable in the same way and places as the originals
  • Lati@s joins you at some point in the game, the other one is catchable with Eon Ticket on Southern Island.
  • Kyoge/Groudon (VE) - catchable in the main storyline
  • Rayquaza - episode delta
  • Deoxys - episode delta/post-episode delta in an area accessible by soaring in the sky (or - the moon!)
  • Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf - Encounter all three in a cave accessed by soaring. Once found, the three scatter about the region. Mesprit would be found at Mt. Pyre, Uxie would be found at Mossdeep City (just outside the Space Museum thing) and Azelf would be found at Sootopolis City (just outside Cave of Origin)
  • Dialga/Palkia (VE) found in the sky when the Adamant/Lustrous Orb is in the players bag
  • Heatran found by soaring to a part of Mt Chimney otherwise inaccessible
  • Regiggas found at the Sealed Chamber (possibly in a new room) - can only be battled when all three members of the Regi trio are in the players party
  • Giratina found in the sky when the Griseous Orb is in the players bag (to get the Griseous Orb the player must have both Dialga and Palkia and show them to the relevant NPC who gives it to you maybe)
  • Cresselia catchable on an island available via soaring / roaming the sky
  • Muskedeers catchable on individual islands accessible by soaring
  • Tornadus/Thunderus (VE) found roaming the sky
  • Reshiram/Zekrom found in the sky when the player has the White/Black Stone in their bag
  • Landurus found on an island accessible by soaring. The player must have Tornadus and Thunderus in their party
  • Kyurem (Is there a Grey Orb? I don't think there is. If there is/if one is made then the same method as Giratina but with the respective Pokemon and items, otherwise...) found on an island accessible by soaring when both Reshiram and Zekrom are in the player's party.

If it was set out like that, then someone who didn't have access to Bank, the Eon Ticket or trading and played one playthrough of the game would have access to 21 Legendary Pokemon out of a possible 31.

Status
Not open for further replies.