• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokémon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivyon

<333333
It started at 5th gen with reshikrom I don't really care about it to be honest, if they do it for one pokemon let them do it for all the intractable and roamers

Out of curiousity, where did you read/find out that the legendaries of ORAS are checked? I've not seen anything about it either way in the datamines and such as of yet. I mean, I do expect Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza/Deoxys are checked, but... the trade ban on trading shiny Reshiram and Zekrom WAS lifted so I'm wondering if maybe the mirage legendaries aren't checked after all.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Out of curiousity, where did you read/find out that the legendaries of ORAS are checked? I've not seen anything about it either way in the datamines and such as of yet. I mean, I do expect Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza/Deoxys are checked, but... the trade ban on trading shiny Reshiram and Zekrom WAS lifted so I'm wondering if maybe the mirage legendaries aren't checked after all.

I said likely, I mean even snorlax is shinny locked in the 5th gen, do you think GF will overlook a bunch of Legends when they have been using this feature to said extremes?

Drakeagle

legend hunter
does anyone know if legendaries like giratina and kyurem require their required pokemon from ORAS? (eg do i have to have a dialga and palkia caught in ORAS to get giratina or can i transfer my ones from previous games)

does anyone know if legendaries like giratina and kyurem require their required pokemon from ORAS? (eg do i have to have a dialga and palkia caught in ORAS to get giratina or can i transfer my ones from previous games)
Based on what I've read in the discovery thread, you can trade over from previous games to unlock the third legend in a trio.

Drakeagle

legend hunter
Based on what I've read in the discovery thread, you can trade over from previous games to unlock the third legend in a trio.

oh good. that could have been a real hassle when I finally get AS.

R_N

What on earth were they thinking with the regigigas method

why a nickname?
why only regice with the nicname AND the item?!

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie

why a nickname?

I have to say, that is hilarious.

Having all the Regis, obviously. And having it be in daytime isn't that bad.

Why the hell they decided that Regice must be holding a specific item and have a nickname of all things, I don't know. Ice item... might be a reference to Snowpoint, I guess, but a nickname? It's just so random that it cracks me up.

Marsalevsky

Shiny Collector

why a nickname?
That's a bit... different to say the least. Wonder who thought of that method. Guess that means I'm nicknaming my legendaries this time around.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The method of finding Regigigas is ridiculously complicated in my view. I'm almost tempted to simply transfer one over from my old games than bother making it appear in OR/AS.

Seviper009

ii kanji
Are Cresselia and Heatran version exclusive too, perhaps? If so, maybe something gets triggered when you have both of them in your team...

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
So the Hoopa form is supposed to be physical? Does this Hoopa even get a usable physical movepool or have a viable PA stat?

Gunk Shot, knock off, e-punches. And Hoopa is a mixed offensive pokemon not a pure physically purely special pokemon. He still sucks to be honest.

BurningWhiteKyurem

The method of finding Regigigas is ridiculously complicated in my view. I'm almost tempted to simply transfer one over from my old games than bother making it appear in OR/AS.

Unnecessarily complicated. Can't see why GameFreak couldn't do something like BW2, where if you had all three regis, you get access to Regigigas.

Bluemage21

Um, yeah, remember the way of getting the regi's? yeah, that was overly complicated as well, at least they give you hints for this one unlike for the Regi's in the original.

XXD17

Draco rex
Gunk Shot, knock off, e-punches. And Hoopa is a mixed offensive pokemon not a pure physically purely special pokemon. He still sucks to be honest.

What's with all these mixed mons lol...first Diancie, now Hoopa...personally, i'm not a fan of running mixmons (mixed greninja is the only thing that I managed to make work) because I have to end up using a defense lowering nature and end up allocating EV's so that my opponent can live with like a smidge of HP since I forgot I EV in SA or something rather than running full 252...all those failed mixed lucarios lol...also, why use knock off when you have hyperspace fury?

wenduo

Is Latios and Latias exclusive pokemon without a event or do it depend on if you are a girl or a boy character in the game?

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Is Latios and Latias exclusive pokemon without a event or do it depend on if you are a girl or a boy character in the game?

Yes, they're exclusive - Latias in Alpha Sapphire and Latios in Omega Ruby. Gender has nothing to do with it.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.

Game version dependant.

Status
Not open for further replies.