• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokémon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Photonkrios95

shadowF

It should be noted that usually, when a legendary gets a cutscene, it's locked. I'd assume Deoxys and the eon duo are locked too, but feel free to prove that my assumption is wrong.

This means we might be able to get shiny Reshiram/Zekrom finally, though.

the eon duo aren't shiny locked there have been reports of several serebii members getting them, dunno about deoxys.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza are shiny locked, they can't be shiny in this game.

Really? I could've sworn that someone posted an image of them encountering a Shiny Groudon a few days ago.

Anyway, I'm still irked about the Eon Ticket thing. I'll try carrying my bulky 2DS with me anyway, but I doubt I'll ever get the ticket via StreetPass.

thebushmaster

PokeMaster JoeyII
Hello, I was not sure where to post this question so I am posting it here.

Does anyone know if you can get the eon ticked from wonder trading someone that does? I know that if you do a normal trade with some one who has the ticked, you get it.

Adamx13

I've played through that part and the answer assuming you mean in game not involving the eon ticket is that if you have alpha sapphire you will be taken to the southern island by latios then latias will join your team.
i don't know about the eon ticket but i assume you'll be forced to battle.

Ithanul

Wow, is Rayquaza and Deoxys suppose to be this easy to catch? They where like a walk in the park to catch compared to Groudon (He was almost as bad as trying to catch Giratina back in Platinum).

BCVM22

I've played through that part and the answer assuming you mean in game not involving the eon ticket is that if you have alpha sapphire you will be taken to the southern island by latios then latias will join your team.
i don't know about the eon ticket but i assume you'll be forced to battle.

Not what they were asking.

Hello, I was not sure where to post this question so I am posting it here.

Does anyone know if you can get the eon ticked from wonder trading someone that does? I know that if you do a normal trade with some one who has the ticked, you get it.

We don't have enough data to know yet, on either count. All we know so far is that you have to StreetPass with someone who has the Ticket - as far as we know, trading won't do it. Stay tuned as the American distributions start and the fact-finding efforts become more centralized and visible.

I was wondering which legends weren't shiny locked in OrAs please let me know in a pm

No, no one is going to PM you. They'll answer you right here, the ostensible purpose of such a thread.

So far, the Mirage Spot Pokémon are not shiny locked. I don't know if we have conclusive data on Hoenn's titular trio yet, but from what I understand, they are shiny-locked.

Poog

Poogtastic
So, still nothing on Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, and Deoxys being locked or not? I'm holding off on the Delta Episode just cause of it...

shadowF

So, still nothing on Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, and Deoxys being locked or not? I'm holding off on the Delta Episode just cause of it...

deoxys is not shiny locked! I found it in the gts with its kalos sign 3 times! didn't get any since everyone wanted events but i got pictures but cant put them since for some weird reason it wont let me :( once I figure it out I will put them :)

Blastonite

Dream Crusher
It should be noted that usually, when a legendary gets a cutscene, it's locked. I'd assume Deoxys and the eon duo are locked too, but feel free to prove that my assumption is wrong.

This means we might be able to get shiny Reshiram/Zekrom finally, though.

You have false info there yo. EON duo can be shiny though they have cut scenes. But for now I'll leave Rayquaza alone and move onto the Cobalion on Plainless Path for me.

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL

thing is you face deoxys right after rayquaza without being able to save so you'll have to get lucky to find both shiny

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
You can faint Deoxys and it will return to the Sky Pillar.

D:
gosh darn it I wish I'd known that earlier. oh well, the one I caught is 3iv, def sp.attk and sp.def. idk how its other stats are but its nature(forgot what it is right now) makes it more suited for the defense form.

Poog

Poogtastic
Blegh, well hopefully we'll find out soon. I mean, we've had pretty much everything confirmed except those 4 confirmed for now... Hopefully we'll find out soon. I'll just continue hunting Reshiram so I dont waste too much time. Is there perhaps a better thread where I can keep tabs on the shiny lock, or is this pretty much my best bet?

Firewhale123

Shiny Groudon
Over 1000 RAs for Groudon. This is a very difficult shiny hunt. I wouldn't be surprised if they are locked, but I have seen sources claim they aren't. Still, nothing conclusive yet. I guess we have to wait for those guys datamining the games :p

Ajduk

Do I need to catch all legendary pokemon before unlocking Battle Resort(yaaay, battle resort -.-'')?
I want to SR for shiny legends. Also, are all shiny legends immediately available via SR because I've
heard that shiny Zekrom has only recently become available, which means what...if you caught it
before that, though luck?

Pacman

But, in SS Lugia had a cutscene and it can still be shiny. (I assume that Ho-oh, has a cutscene to.)

I saw youtube videos of people SR in the cave you get Lugia in SS. So, I don't think just because that Pokemon has a cutscene, its shiny locked. (Of course, that was Gen. IV, but still)

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
To my knowledge, datamining has proven that Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza/Deoxys are shiny locked while everything else is not (I mean, why would these 4 not be shiny locked given previous trends). I don't have a direct source of this unfortunately but this would be the safest assumption regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.