• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokémon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slushie

Requiescat en pace.
Thanks! I know Wallace mentioned the National Dex, but I just thought he was implying I could get it after the E4. Well either way that's cool!

Wolph

IV Breeder
To my knowledge, datamining has proven that Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza/Deoxys are shiny locked while everything else is not (I mean, why would these 4 not be shiny locked given previous trends). I don't have a direct source of this unfortunately but this would be the safest assumption regardless.
Where did you hear of this with the datamining? I havent been able to find such a thing.
Apparently one of the people who datamined said something about it, but I can't find anything that outright proves it to be the case. Everything points to them being shiny locked though.

Well damn, I hope this proves to be wrong... As I have been Soft Resetting for a Shiny Rayquaza for the past couple days. I'm currently past 750 soft resets.. I also have the Shiny Charm to help..

I just don't understand why they would be shiny locked in this Generation, if previous generations have not been shiny locked..

Either way, I will continue my hunt for a shiny Rayquaza until there is proof that they are shiny locked. If I find a shiny Rayquaza in ORAS, I'll post again. I'll try to add a picture or something as proof. Although the quality will suck since I can only take a picture with my cheap cellphone.

Wish me luck.. x.x

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I find it kinda funny that Kyurem's den is near Mt. Chimney.....an icy spot is somehow located near an active volcanic mountain.

Would have been more appropriate and makes much more sense if it is somewhere near Shoal Cave.

Poog

Poogtastic

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
Is it an actual in-battle pic or what?

!!!

So it is the former because it's not an in-game battle pick (which, you would think a legit one would have been posted by now)!

Poog

Poogtastic
!!!

So it is the former because it's not an in-game battle pick (which, you would think a legit one would have been posted by now)!

It could be legit, but I'm hesitant to buy it. Pretty much every SR'ed mirage pokemon has been found so far, and has battle pics or something. Yet, not a single battle pic for Kyogre or Groudon, nothing at all on Rayquaza, and only one potential pic on Deoxys.

DanteKoriyu

It could be legit, but I'm hesitant to buy it. Pretty much every SR'ed mirage pokemon has been found so far, and has battle pics or something. Yet, not a single battle pic for Kyogre or Groudon, nothing at all on Rayquaza, and only one potential pic on Deoxys.

And Powersaves have added their shiny codes as of this morning, so the status screens can be easily hacked without even using XY to do so now.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
It is looking pretty grim for the Trio and Deoxys but, unlike the Mirage Legendaries, couldn't it just be a case of not too many people bothered/thought it was worth it (especially considering cutscenes).

Wondering if anyone else is having a problem with Uxie and Mespirit appearing. I caught Azelf using the method described in Serebii's game guide, went back 12 hours later with the same method, nothing. Tried putting Azelf in party, nothing. Nameless Cave still appears, but no Uxie or Mespirit. That was 4 days ago now, been checking back often at all hours with various very happy pokemon in my party, cave appears, no dice. Read around on other places around the web and it seems like its not just me, just wondering if anyone else is having an issue?

Was it not possible to datamine certain things for X and Y? Besides Diancie, have the other two event Pokemon Hoopa and Volcanion been released? Were they not common knowledge until recently?

Marsalevsky

Shiny Collector
Wondering if anyone else is having a problem with Uxie and Mespirit appearing. I caught Azelf using the method described in Serebii's game guide, went back 12 hours later with the same method, nothing. Tried putting Azelf in party, nothing. Nameless Cave still appears, but no Uxie or Mespirit. That was 4 days ago now, been checking back often at all hours with various very happy pokemon in my party, cave appears, no dice. Read around on other places around the web and it seems like its not just me, just wondering if anyone else is having an issue?

Don't you have to beat the Elite Four before going back? Thought I read that somewhere

Dorked

I don't think we should be assuming shiny lock just yet. There are a few factors to consider. First, that the cover legends have really long cutscenes before the battles, and unless they're saved for post-E4, there's no shiny charm to boost the odds. Second, it's entirely possible that mirage spot legends have higher shininess odds. And even if they don't, they seem much more efficient to SR.

Granted, the Latis have been found shiny, but isn't the fact that they're available odd? After all, they're found in cutscenes.

Call it blind optimism, but I wanna stay hopeful until we get confirmation either way. I also don't think running away will work in this case, so when I get to Groudon, I may just SR it. Will let you guys now if I have any luck.

Marsalevsky

Shiny Collector
I don't think we should be assuming shiny lock just yet. There are a few factors to consider. First, that the cover legends have really long cutscenes before the battles, and unless they're saved for post-E4, there's no shiny charm to boost the odds. Second, it's entirely possible that mirage spot legends have higher shininess odds. And even if they don't, they seem much more efficient to SR.

Granted, the Latis have been found shiny, but isn't the fact that they're available odd? After all, they're found in cutscenes.

Call it blind optimism, but I wanna stay hopeful until we get confirmation either way. I also don't think running away will work in this case, so when I get to Groudon, I may just SR it. Will let you guys now if I have any luck.

Good luck to you! After I successfully SR. a Mirage legend in AS, I plan on continuing my OR play through, and I can also begin SRing for the Groudon. I'm remaining optimistic here as well

Banana Bloodplanet

Ok, so I was at a mirage spot and Virizion was there. I was trying to get a good nature, so I kept turning the game off after catching it without saving and then turning it back on. It dawned on me that it was night and I should get Dusk Balls, so I did that and went back. But this time, it was Cobalion who appeared. So does the legendary change every 12 hours even without catching or beating one? Or did I lose my chance to get Virizion?

DanteKoriyu

Ok, so I was at a mirage spot and Virizion was there. I was trying to get a good nature, so I kept turning the game off after catching it without saving and then turning it back on. It dawned on me that it was night and I should get Dusk Balls, so I did that and went back. But this time, it was Cobalion who appeared. So does the legendary change every 12 hours even without catching or beating one? Or did I lose my chance to get Virizion?

I did something similar with Mesprit. The Pokemon that you "skipped" will eventually return...though I'm not exactly sure what triggers it. I captured Azelf and Uxie, waited 12 hours, beat the Elite 4 agian, etc. No Mesprit. Caught some more Mirage Legends and eventually went back to check on Mesprit again about a day later, and it was there. I'm assuming I did something in that time to cause the respawn...just dunno what.

kdports

Fluorescent Green
I'm new to this site, so sorry if this is the wrong place to put it, but I'm having trouble catching Regigas. I have all 3 Regis in my party, A nicknamed Regice holding a CasteliaCone, but he won't show up. Help please.

Akashin

I'm new to this site, so sorry if this is the wrong place to put it, but I'm having trouble catching Regigas. I have all 3 Regis in my party, A nicknamed Regice holding a CasteliaCone, but he won't show up. Help please.

I'll assume you're going to the right place (Regice's cave), but have you talked to the girl in Pacifidlog and had her talk about Regigigas? I've heard that her doing so is random, but I took all three Regis with me to see her and got her to say it right away; that was probably a coincidence, though.

Does anyone know if when collecting your aeon ticket that you can have your 3DS on standby or do you have to go into a menu in the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.