• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokémon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akashin

She said "A huge pokemon sometimes comes to visit an iceberg type of pokemon." Is that what I'm looking for?

I can't remember word for word what she said, but she definitely mentioned the needing to hold a cold item thing.

Also, you're not just entering Regice's chamber and then leaving if you don't see Regigigas are you? Regigigas doesn't appear like that; when you walk into the center of the room he just assaults you.

Don't you have to beat the Elite Four before going back? Thought I read that somewhere

I have beaten the Elite Four again a few days ago, still not showing.

kdports

Fluorescent Green
I walked into the center. I'll try again however.

EDIT: Nope, nothing. walked right through the center.

Last edited:

Ajduk

Getting my game so just want to check, can you please give me the list of all shiny locked legendary pokemon.

Thank you :)

Timeboy

Getting my game so just want to check, can you please give me the list of all shiny locked legendary pokemon.

The Weather Trio are believed to be shiny locked, since there's been no concrete evidence yet and it's been a week. Normally, cutscene Pokémon are shiny locked, but apparently Latios/Latias aren't and they have cutscenes. And in X and Y, the Bird Trio didn't have cutscenes and they were shiny locked. So it's hard to follow the logic.

All other Pokémon (except perhaps Deoxys, since it has a small cutscene) are not shiny locked. Including Reshiram and Zekrom for the first time.

Ajduk

The Weather Trio are believed to be shiny locked, since there's been no concrete evidence yet and it's been a week. Normally, cutscene Pokémon are shiny locked, but apparently Latios/Latias aren't and they have cutscenes. And in X and Y, the Bird Trio didn't have cutscenes and they were shiny locked. So it's hard to follow the logic.

All other Pokémon (except perhaps Deoxys, since it has a small cutscene) are not shiny locked. Including Reshiram and Zekrom for the first time.

Too bad that the Weather Trio is shiny locked :/ No one caught them in shiny form yet or...
I hope that I can get my shiny Deoxys :)

Man...getting the shiny legendary pokemon with right IV's is gonna be a pain...

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
I don't think we should be assuming shiny lock just yet. There are a few factors to consider. First, that the cover legends have really long cutscenes before the battles, and unless they're saved for post-E4, there's no shiny charm to boost the odds. Second, it's entirely possible that mirage spot legends have higher shininess odds. And even if they don't, they seem much more efficient to SR.

Granted, the Latis have been found shiny, but isn't the fact that they're available odd? After all, they're found in cutscenes.

Call it blind optimism, but I wanna stay hopeful until we get confirmation either way. I also don't think running away will work in this case, so when I get to Groudon, I may just SR it. Will let you guys now if I have any luck.

That's what I'm thinking! I'm remaining optimistic as well but it's beginning to feel a bit trainer customization-y at this point.

Anyways good luck to you and if you do happen upon a shiny boxart legendary please take an in-game battle pic even if you only have a potato.

Dorked

Keep in mind that it took months to find out that XY's legends were locked, or so I heard. It can take thousands of tries to get a shiny. Really wish we'd get some concrete info via datamining. I checked projectpokemon, and there doesn't seem to be anything about locks yet. :|a

Since I have powersaves, I'll probably make backup saves before Groudon and Rayquaza and use those specifically for my soft-resets. I will be doing it with the shiny charm, so I might not be able to start just yet, but in a few days, I should have everything I need.

If they end up locked, hey, worth the effort at least. But I'll be bummed because I want a shiny Ray I can nickname myself. u_u

Skullkraken

Masuda Methodist
I am having trouble getting the third members of the Sprite trio and Muskadeer trio to appear (Uxie and Terrakion respectively). My team hasn't changed and it's been over a day since I caught the last ones

Recon

I am having trouble getting the third members of the Sprite trio and Muskadeer trio to appear (Uxie and Terrakion respectively). My team hasn't changed and it's been over a day since I caught the last ones

I believe it changes every 12 hours. However, the one that gets picked is usually random, so you might have to wait a bit.

I'm personally having a tough time getting Suicune to appear. I caught Raikou and Entei already, but after I swapped Ho-oh in and out of my box after Entei, nothing happened.

DanteKoriyu

I believe it changes every 12 hours. However, the one that gets picked is usually random, so you might have to wait a bit.

I'm personally having a tough time getting Suicune to appear. I caught Raikou and Entei already, but after I swapped Ho-oh in and out of my box after Entei, nothing happened.

I'm seriously questioning the time issue here. I caught Raikou, Entei and Suicune in a 10 minute span, all without taking anyone out of my party. I simply Soared from the Mirage Spot to Rustboro, and then immediately back. All three appeared immediately after one another.

RightClick

Shiny Collector
I think the trio finding is just RNG, some take hours to reopen with another and some do immediately from what I hear.

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
I'm getting pretty frustrated at this whole thing. I opened the portal for Virizion yesterday, but now I get nothing. I have yet to get Azelf, but did catch Mesprit. For the beasts though, I managed to catch Raikou and Entei without minutes of each other, I just haven't bothered with Suicune yet.

In other news, I managed to get Crescent Isle this morning and caught Cresselia.

Wondering if anyone else is having a problem with Uxie and Mespirit appearing. I caught Azelf using the method described in Serebii's game guide, went back 12 hours later with the same method, nothing. Tried putting Azelf in party, nothing. Nameless Cave still appears, but no Uxie or Mespirit. That was 4 days ago now, been checking back often at all hours with various very happy pokemon in my party, cave appears, no dice. Read around on other places around the web and it seems like its not just me, just wondering if anyone else is having an issue?

Just an update, I parked myself on the Nameless Cave where they are at last night, got on today and Mespirit showed up. No difference in party between last night and today. It was way more than 12 hours since I caught Azelf, so not sure what the difference was.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.