• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokémon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphym

I have a question for those having a problem with the Mysterious Rings doing anything at all, regardless of time. How far into the game are you? Have you already beaten the Elite 4 twice and finished up the Delta Episode? This is a problem that seems to come up on the GameFAQS forums too and I'm noticing that everyone who runs into it is in the post-game. I, myself, am in the post-game and noticing that the rings do nothing anymore. I'm wondering if it is a bug prompted by finishing up the game.

wenduo

I wonder can you get shiny Kyogre with restart or is it impossible? I'm sorry i think many have asked. But i really don't want to read through 54 pages for that reason.

shadcat1206

in the shadows i lie
Just got the eon flute, after soaring for about 20 seconds i come across the crescent isle. Is this extreme luck?
so I now own cresselia

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
I wonder can you get shiny Kyogre with restart or is it impossible? I'm sorry i think many have asked. But i really don't want to read through 54 pages for that reason.

You could just google it because the answer is a resounding "most likely shiny locked" for Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza and Deoxys.

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
Caught all of them, It turns out you don't need the or/as dilaga and palkia to get giratina

Mr.FusRoDah

Anyone else experiencing an odd lack of legend spawning from the portals after catching just 1 or 2 of a trio? I'm having that problem as we speak.

Oh yeah, and I also caught Cresselia about 2 days ago. It didn't even knock out my Flawless Defense Capturing Scyther at all.

Last edited:

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

Don't look here.
Truly sick of all the discrimination Primal Kyogre gets..... I just got to the point where it is time to catch it and I don't give a f*** if people say it is a bad pokemon. I want to use both normal and primal through experiments. Primal Kyogre is a reliable threat and can beat Primal Groudon with patience.

Kyogre is my absolute FAVOURITE pokemon and nothing will ever change that. So what evs should I run on Primal Kyogre? I have a modest synchronizer... but I might just use my master ball. Hmmm.

Is Primal Kyogre/Groudon a good Pokemon to use the master ball on, or is there a better one to use it on?
Or is it entirely up to me if I want to or not?

I think I'm close to this point, and I would like to know before I get the chance to catch it.

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer
Is Primal Kyogre/Groudon a good Pokemon to use the master ball on, or is there a better one to use it on?

I think I'm close to this point, and I would like to know before I get the chance to catch it.

IMO MBs should only be used on Whiscashes. As for anything rare like legends, I use Premier Balls.

Mye

Someone has to win..
Capture-rate wise, kyogre/groudon/rayquaza in that game are actually ridiculously low compared to other legendaries (namely deoxys, who is a *****). Unless you really want a modest 5IV kyogre quickly, I'd advise leaving it for something better.

Deoxys and Rayquaza both have a capture rate of 3 compared to Kyogre/Groundon's capture rate of 5.

I've thought about it, and yeah, I'll save the Master Ball for something better, which looks to be either Deoxys or Rayquaza.
I'll only use the MB on Kyogre if I'm really having a hard time capturing it with anything else.

Ajduk

I use MB smiply because I am SRing for modest and the cutscenes are pain in the ***.
If you have to SR for a nature, go with master ball and spare yourself the trouble.

DanteKoriyu

I've caught all my Pokemon in Pokeballs, as I have for ever generation/region of completing the living Regional Pokedexes: Pokemon species must be captured in the wild when they are available and Pokeballs must be used. Exceptions are made for special facilities where you can only use certain kinds of balls, like the Safari Zone, or Event Pokemon like Diancie.

So far, I've got Dexes like this for FRLG (Fire Red based), HGSS (Soul Silver based), RSE (Emerald based), DPPt (Platinum based), BWB2W2 (Black 2 Based), XY (X Based), ORAS (Omega Ruby Based).
Only Pokemon missing are XY Hoopa and Volcanion, as well as ORAS Kyogre, OR Southern Island Latias, and a Gen 6 Jirachi.

BCVM22

I'll save the Master Ball for something better, which looks to be either Deoxys or Rayquaza.

Don't waste the Master Balls. I had them ready for that same purpose and needed exactly one Ultra Ball and one Quick Ball between the two of them, the latter of which captured Deoxys with zero damage on the first turn. Entirely possible I got astronomically lucky on that count, but at the very least, try weakening and capturing Deoxys normally before you use the Master Ball. Definitely don't waste it on Rayquaza - it's intentionally an easy capture.

Last edited:

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
Deoxys was incredibly easy to catch. I had it at Sky Pillar since I accidentally knocked it out with one Dragon Ascent in Space. It took out my Roserade, sadly, who I was planning on using Stun Spore with. I then had Mightyena use one Thief...it only had a slight amount of health left and I caught it in like three Ultra Balls.

Dorked

Still no word on shiny locks? :( I wonder how long it'll take until we get actual confirmation from hacking/datamining.

Status
Not open for further replies.