• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokémon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajduk

I am losingy ****ing nerves here, some1 confirm doessynchronize work on Kyogre cause so far 0
sucess in 3 hours!

XXD17

Draco rex
Yo! Just as some thoughts for the future, the best balls (that I have found) to catch legendaries with are dusk (if you find them in caves) and timer balls...net balls are also very clutch for catching specifically kyogre...inflict a status (I prefer paralysis) and bring health down to red...then just alternate between ultra and other balls...when you exceed 10 turns, start using timer balls and you should be good...kyogre and groudon were a little tricky since they can use rest but that's just another status and should;t be an issue if you are using a decently powerful mon...just some advice for rayquaza and deoxys lol

Ajduk

Caught Kyogre with mb after 4 hours of SR for modest.
Will feel deep shame whenever I use it,..masterball, gg -.-"

That thing is more of a badge of shame than of achivement.

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer
Caught Kyogre with mb after 4 hours of SR for modest.
Will feel deep shame whenever I use it,..masterball, gg -.-"

That thing is more of a badge of shame than of achivement.

which is why one must be a boss, cull their impatience, and stock up on tons of Premier Balls as then and only then shall achievement be found. Pokeballs don't cut it since those are always readily available.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
My tradition is the boxart Legendary in the Master Ball so if I didn't catch it in one I'd feel disgusted with myself.

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
How can I get my kyogre and groudon to learn origin pulse and preciplce blades ( they're from older games of course)

Ajduk

which is why one must be a boss, cull their impatience, and stock up on tons of Premier Balls as then and only then shall achievement be found. Pokeballs don't cut it since those are always readily available.

Meh, it is not VGC legal so I ain't gonna use it anyway xD

Which nature shpuld I aim for when catching Ray and
Deoxys?

shadowF

do they state an ingame reason that says why are all of these legendaries in the hoenn region? I know it has to be something with hoopa but I want to know what the people in the game think of it.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I know it has to be something with hoopa but I want to know what the people in the game think of it.

NPCs don't have Mega Lati@s to go soaring through the sky on, so they don't know those legendaries are in Hoenn.

NotABeginningTrainer

Deoxys and Rayquaza both have a capture rate of 3 compared to Kyogre/Groundon's capture rate of 5.

I've thought about it, and yeah, I'll save the Master Ball for something better, which looks to be either Deoxys or Rayquaza.
I'll only use the MB on Kyogre if I'm really having a hard time capturing it with anything else.
This was me. I don't know about anyone else, but I thought Rayquaza/Deoxys were much easier to catch. I was trying to catch Kyogre without using the MB but it broke out of the balls I threw without a single shake when it was in the red. I retried it a few times too. Rayquaza and Deoxys were much easier even with the recover shenanigans.

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer
Meh, it is not VGC legal so I ain't gonna use it anyway xD

Which nature shpuld I aim for when catching Ray and
Deoxys?

They may not be VGC legal doesn't mean they won't be allowed in wi-fi competitions every now and then, plus it looks pretty when sifting through your legends box after you've achieved getting em all in premier balls and perfect. As for natures, I believe any you'd want a Sp.Attck nature for Deoxys due to the nature of most Psychic moves being Sp.Attck and considering DA is physical on Rayquaza you definitely want either Jolly or Adamant depending on whatever strategies you plan for as the Adamant makes use of powering up his main attacking stat (especially if you have an Adamant V-Create Rayqua) thus making him a really amazing threat if put up while TR or something of the sort that makes slower mons go first or you get him Jolly which allows him to use his already powerful attacking stat as well as outspeed some of his own threats. Personally I'd prefer the Adamant option as Mega Rayqua would be completely broken at that point once he is set up as he literally has nothing that can match that outrageous stat number (it goes to like 252 or so at a nature favoring his attacking stat and 31IVs in that stat at level 50 which at this point currently holds no contest) and top off a Life Orb with that as well as DD maybe and you more or less got a completely broken mon.

Last edited:

Ajduk

How the hell am I supposed to RE Deoxys for a certain nature?
I am leading with an adamant ralts for adamant ray, but I don't have the time to switch my lead pokemon.

Akashin

How the hell am I supposed to RE Deoxys for a certain nature?
I am leading with an adamant ralts for adamant ray, but I don't have the time to switch my lead pokemon.

If you're wanting to SR Deoxys, you're better off killing it, beating the E4 a second time, and having it respawn at the top of the Sky Pillar.

Akashin

Yes, that is what I want.
Does that work 100% of the time?

It should. I haven't gotten around to going back for it yet, but if that weren't true in spite of all the claims that it is we would have heard about it.

Am I the only one who got 31 IVs on 3 stats in every legendary?

All Legendaries get at least three perfect IVs in Generation VI.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
Was surprised how easy it was to catch Groudon. Hit it once with a very small HP damage and caught it after two Premier Balls!

EKZ1505

So from what I've been reading, every legendary can be shiny in ORAS except the weather trio and Deoxys (no one has found a shiny of these 4 at least), right? Just wondering because I just got to the Latios that joins you in OR

Status
Not open for further replies.