• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokémon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

expofever

I was SR for Raikou then changed my 3ds cause my other 3ds I was hunting riakou on died on me I saved the game and everything but then when I put the cartrage in the other 3ds he was gone and hes not come back since and ive not knocked him out please help me with this thank you

Akashin

I was SR for Raikou then changed my 3ds cause my other 3ds I was hunting riakou on died on me I saved the game and everything but then when I put the cartrage in the other 3ds he was gone and hes not come back since and ive not knocked him out please help me with this thank you

Changing which system you're playing on locks up time-based events, same as changing the time on your system.

feminist

Fairy Tale Girl
I don't think that the Lake trio are shiny locked, but I have a friend who keeps mentioning that he thinks that they may shiny lock more legendaries with these patches. So I'm worried that me trying to get my shiny Azelf and Uxie will end up being a lost cause?? probably they aren't pokemon that could end up shiny locked but who knows about other legendaries i was thinking about SRing for

also, is there any news of Jirachi being in ORAS? event or otherwise? (did a quick search but didn't seem to find too much info)

BCVM22

but I have a friend who keeps mentioning that he thinks that they may shiny lock more legendaries with these patches.

This is not a thing that they would do.

also, is there any news of Jirachi being in ORAS? event or otherwise? (did a quick search but didn't seem to find too much info)

No. If such an event is announced at some point, you'll see news of it.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

Kai-zero

Trains All Types
I'd really like to get both Latios and Latias on both of my games with the Eon Ticket event. Never had a chance to get the Eon Ticket back in the third generation. So it would be cool to be able to get it this time around.

Has anyone figured out the odds of getting the Eon ticket through Wi-Fi StreetPass? I've 'passed by' people for hours through Wi-Fi, a good majority of them from Japan where I believe the initial Eon Tickets have already been distributed, yet I still haven't got a hold of a StreetPass Eon Ticket.

With all of the weird portals in the mirage spots, there's probably going to be a Hoopa event. Has anyone else thought about this?

Akashin

I'd really like to get both Latios and Latias on both of my games with the Eon Ticket event. Never had a chance to get the Eon Ticket back in the third generation. So it would be cool to be able to get it this time around.

Has anyone figured out the odds of getting the Eon ticket through Wi-Fi StreetPass? I've 'passed by' people for hours through Wi-Fi, a good majority of them from Japan where I believe the initial Eon Tickets have already been distributed, yet I still haven't got a hold of a StreetPass Eon Ticket.

Through Wi-Fi? Can't happen, I'm pretty sure. StreetPass is purely local, so you have to cross paths with somebody near you who has the ticket.

With all of the weird portals in the mirage spots, there's probably going to be a Hoopa event. Has anyone else thought about this?

I can guarantee you people have thought of this. I wouldn't count on seeing such an event prior to the new movie coming out next year, however.

I can see a Hoopa event similar to the Diance event.

By that I mean it being distributed for ORAS (or maybe XY) before the next game ("Pokemon Z") is released.

Or it could go the shiny beldum route and be available when the next game is released

:)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I can see a Hoopa event similar to the Diance event.

By that I mean it being distributed for ORAS (or maybe XY) before the next game ("Pokemon Z") is released.

Or it could go the shiny beldum route and be available when the next game is released

:)

It'll almost certainly be distributed in July in Japan since that's when the next film will premiere, which'll star Hoopa most likely.

Hasty

Moonside
So, somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the first instance of a Pokémon changing species upon changing form, no?

Hoopa Unbound Dex entry: http://i.imgur.com/0Igl3QS.jpg

Hoopa Confined Dex entry: http://i.imgur.com/Epki6Bs.jpg

(Volcanion Dex entry, for those who are interested: http://i.imgur.com/9bf9E1p.jpg)

That's interesting. I guess it doesn't mean much though, it's only there to make Hoopa more unique (like Manaphy/Phione situation, Kyurem fusions, Lake trio being the first and only trio with the same type, etc).

Prince Umbreon

Starfish and Coffee
I'm also fairly sure that a Hoopa event won't happen until Japan gets more info for the next movie. After all the lore about Hoopa and the legendary portals in ORAS, I can see it getting the Diancie treatment. I.E., being obtainable through a future ORAS event, but not having a legit way to unlock it's Unbound forme until the next installments. Unless there's already a way in ORAS that I haven't heard about, anyway...

Speaking of its Unbound forme though, holy hell it's awesome. I didn't see anything about it until a few hours ago. Before then my opinion on Hoopa was 'meh' at best. Now it's something I want hella bad. I love Djinns and the like, and I'm really interested to learn more of its backstory.

BCVM22

Hoopa transforms through the use of an item called the Prison Bottle, which I believe is a key item. As those can't be traded, that would indicate the Unbound Forme is available natively in OR/AS.

As for the event timing, the Japanese events run from the movie's release in July through to September.

Flamer

Hoopa certainly does look interesting. Just hoping its distributed via wifi instead of a in store event. Never have enough time to go to those. Same with Shiny Raquaza, if that happens

Not so fussed about Volcanion. Maybe once we know a bit more about its back story it'll seem more interesting, but at the moment it doesn't seem to have much about it to really spark my interest

BCVM22

The major event Pokémon are always given out (at first, at least) via in-store events. Expecting Hoopa to be a sudden change in that is illogical.

Prince Umbreon

Starfish and Coffee
Hoopa transforms through the use of an item called the Prison Bottle, which I believe is a key item. As those can't be traded, that would indicate the Unbound Forme is available natively in OR/AS.

...Awesome. Even his key item has a cool name hnnng. Any word if it's obtainable in an in-game event? Or will it most likely be its hold item in the movie/wifi/store event? Wow though, I'm really interested to see how this guy is incorporated into ORAS. He'll obviously have a ton of background, being able to alter dimensions to other legendaries. Talk about not judging a book by its cover. I dun goof'd.

As for Volcanion, I guess I've learned my lesson with Hoopa. I'll wait for more info on him before I decide whether I like him or not.

DanteKoriyu

The major event Pokémon are always given out (at first, at least) via in-store events. Expecting Hoopa to be a sudden change in that is illogical.

Traditionally, yes. Genesect broke the pattern though. So it could happen again, but is highly unlikely.

...Awesome. Even his key item has a cool name hnnng. Any word if it's obtainable in an in-game event? Or will it most likely be its hold item in the movie/wifi/store event?

BCVM22 just said it was a Key Item. Pokemon can't legally hold Key Items, so it will be available by taking Hoopa someplace in-game.

Last edited:

Prince Umbreon

Starfish and Coffee
BCVM22 just said it was a Key Item. Pokemon can't legally hold Key Items, so it will be available by taking Hoopa someplace in-game.

Derp, silly me. Dunno what I was thinking lol. Now that you mention it though, it would be pretty cool if the Prison Bottle was distributed to activate an in-game event. I don't remember if that's happened at all since Gen 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.